+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

First, prayers to all those on the East Coast - stay safe!

Second, I'll just add another thought to why they would portray Jake differently - he was The Bachelor. He wasn't a contestant (well, he was on Jillian's season), that can be portrayed as wacky as they want. He was the lead and at the end of the day, the franchise is selling us an image. They can't have a lead that doesn't like women. And I don't disagree with the rest of you that Jake doesn't like women. My only point from the beginning is that I am not completely sold on Vienna as being abused. But I think it is absolutely in the franchise's best interests to rehabilitate Jake. We have to believe that the lead's are always looking for love. We have to believe that there was a real love story at the end, even if it fell apart. We have to believe in this franchise or we will stop watching it. And THAT is really the kiss of death - so any deal that keeps the dream and the image alive and furthers their purpose, is what they are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Yay, chrisg-money is back!

Rather than state my opinion of Jake, I'll address his "role" in this season. Along with chris' statement that his edit fits with the requirements for a narrative, there's also some speculation that Jake negotiated with ABC. Jesse C. made a remark that Jake's contract specified four episodes, which is the reason for last week's blackout. Though ABC could rebury Jake ten times over in money were he to sue them, perhaps he negotiated his redemption in lieu of a lawsuit for defamation of character. That rationale comes undone, though, as soon as I look at the show's contract: essentially a contestant signs away his/her rights when that signature hits the dotted line. ABC clearly states that they can misconstrue an edit or footage for whatever intent.

ABC probably chooses sides when it comes to its final couples. With Jake and Vienna, they decided to redeem Jake by portraying Vienna and Kasey as conniving counterparts. To viewers who watched Jake from Jillian's season through to DWTS and now this show, his true character shines through any and all editing.

Also, Jesse noted that several of the cast were paid to do "certain things." Not sure what any of that means but I'd maintain that this show follows the course charted by the producers not the cast. As for the show's misogyny, prepare yourselves since next week it shifts to Holly.

On a side note, please pray for--or send positive energy/thoughts to--the East Coast since we're in the line of Irene's fire. Stay safe, my fellow East Coasters.

Sending positive vibes to all. I really liked this post, made it all very clear.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I think that the decision as to what "roles" these people play depends largely on the "editing" that they are GIVEN. Just look at the people that were chosen to be a part of BP2. It is all about the drama, and someone (sometimes more than one) will be chosen to be this season's Villian. That role so far has largely gone to Vienna and Kasey who have given the editors a plethora of soundbites, ITM interviews, etc etc ... The producers will use whatever they are given. Vienna and Kasey gave them plenty, so Jake's "role" wasn't to be the Villian - but rather the misunderstood Victim of Vienna's wrath. He knew exactly what he was doing. He came in with a plan to redeem himself with John Q Public and stuck with the plan....while Vienna and Kasey kept all the attention on themselves. I would not be surprised if Jake did negotiate a contract with ABC to come back. The producers no doubt wanted him badly, and they knew that a lot of people would tune in to see the fireworks between him and Vienna. They got an extra bonus with Kasey. He was brought in to stir things up even further as he played his part in the drama....to guard and protect. Each season the producers are looking to fill certain "roles". Some might be brought in knowing their respective roles, and some just give the producers what they need. Melissa is giving them "crazy", and some new villians are emerging in the coming weeks. I agree that the emphasis is going to be placed on the Michael-Holly-Blake triangle in the coming weeks now that Jake has left the building. I don't think that ABC cares one iota about any of these people when it comes to putting a show together. Jake got the edit he did, because he did not want to give the producers much to work with. For that reason Jake came out with a pretty clean edit. But, he did not succeed in changing my opinion of him, and I, too, base this on what I saw of him on the Bachelorette, Bachelor, DWTS, and now the Bachelor Pad2. I don't find him likeable....just my opinion.
    So Jake signed a contract to be on the BP2 for four episodes, so that he could redeem himself in the eyes of the public... Vienna of course shouldn't have sold their story to a tabloid. For his own sake, Jake shouldn't have gone on TV to tell his side of the story... millions of people watch TV. I don't think that many people read the tabloid story. In a way, Jake has been redeemed by appearing on BP2. I now know that the real Jake has a temper and superficial charm; but at least he didn't seem enraged on BP2, like he did on the breakup show.
    NEPASue likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    So Jake signed a contract to be on the BP2 for four episodes, so that he could redeem himself in the eyes of the public... Vienna of course shouldn't have sold their story to a tabloid. For his own sake, Jake shouldn't have gone on TV to tell his side of the story... millions of people watch TV. I don't think that many people read the tabloid story. In a way, Jake has been redeemed by appearing on BP2. I now know that the real Jake has a temper and superficial charm; but at least he didn't seem enraged on BP2, like he did on the breakup show.
    Jake is a contestant on "Famous Foods" (on VH1). He hasn't lost his temper there yet (and I certainly would have in dealing with some of the other contestants). There were a couple of instances where he kept his cool in dealing with people who were behaving like raving lunatics. If anything, on that show I would fault him for being too nonconfrontational in dealing with people.
    fireflyer likes this.

There is a new reality show in slated for this fall about Reality Stars trying to change their image or set the story straight. I don't have the article I read in front of me but it was in Entertainment Weekly this week..along with the fall line up. Jake is going to appear on that show.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    There is a new reality show in slated for this fall about Reality Stars trying to change their image or set the story straight. I don't have the article I read in front of me but it was in Entertainment Weekly this week..along with the fall line up. Jake is going to appear on that show.
    Wow, this dude REALLY REALLY wants to be an actor, doesn't he? Do you happen to remember which channel this reality show is going to be on - not that I will be watching it. I am only hoping that it is on some channel that I never watch.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    LOL, what a dork he is.A nice word for what I really think of him

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Jake really, really loves the spotlight, doesn't he? He will be appearing on an episode of The Bold and The Beautiful (daytime soap) reprising a role. I didn't know he had previously appeared.

The Bachelor's Jake Pavelka Gets "Bold and Beautiful" Again | Daytime Confidential

Umm what a stretch, he plays a pilot.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Umm what a stretch, he plays a pilot.
    Good one, Fanny Mare! I didn't even read that far down in the article! What a putz!
    NEPASue likes this.

+ Reply to Thread