+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 145
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

  1. #71
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,434

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agree with you that some men and women use it as a weapon and a form of punishment. What I think we don't know is whether that is the case here. We have Vienna's take. Jake hasn't said anything - maybe because it was abuse but maybe because he didn't know she was saying it and didn't know he needed to defend against it. I guess what I have been trying to say is that what is coming across to me from Vienna is that she is a drama queen and she is manipulative. So while Jake may have acted one way in private and one way in public - I don't know what those differences are, because I am only seeing them through Vienna's perception - which, based on what I have seen so far makes me skeptical.
    I dont think he likes women, I dont think he looks at women the same way my DH does.Jake looks at them, as a means to an end. I am not looking at Vienna, he can do all that on his own.When someone shows you who they are, let them Jake has shown me what and who he is, I dont need a Vienna to make my own opinion . In fact, if I take her out of the equation, he still makes me recoil.UGH!
    chrisg and Columbia, MD like this.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey ASassyKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,291

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    It seems MUCH more likely that Jake stopped FEELING affection for her, once he found out how she acts. I still believe that dating somebody and getting sick of them and not feeling like kissing them isn't abuse.

    If somebody is not kissing me anymore, I guess I have two choices:
    1) I could throw a fit, claim abuse in the tabloids and on TV, and play a victim. (And collect $$ from the tabloid.)
    OR
    2) I could recognize that they don't feel like kissing me (could be for any number of reasons), and recognize that they have a right to choose whether to kiss me, and that the wisest choice for me is to skeedaddle.

    Vienna's ego won't let her admit that Jake lost interest in her.

    I agree that no male in their right mind would want to date a woman who throws tantrums like a 3 year old ie turning on the waterworks when things don't go her way. Like I said, typical "Daddy's girl" behavior that I've seen many a time.

    No one but them knows the truth, and I highly doubt we'll ever know what that was.
    sparklete likes this.

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey nanarama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,331

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Vienna has said post-show in interviews that she doesn't "hate" Jake, she wishes him well and this was a game. I imagine that she's gotten a tremendous amount of backlash from her over-the-top behavior. I think it's important to be careful when you make allegations against someone. They might be a jerk and do things that push your butons, but some things just shouldn't be said unless they're true, and judging by her comments recently, I'm guessing the most vile of those accusations isn't true.
    This doesn't mean I like Jake, btw. I was really turned off by him on Dancing With the Stars and continue to feel that way. I just think you need to watch what you say, post break-up.
    Tobi and NEPASue like this.

  4. #74
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    When someone shows you who they are, let them. Jake has shown me what and who he is, I dont need a Vienna to make my own opinion. In fact, if I take her out of the equation, he still makes me recoil.UGH!


    Jake has shown us who he is. He clearly showed us in that post break-up interview with Vienna and he clearly showed it on DWTS with Chelsie. It doesn't matter who Vienna is when there is a clear pattern of his reprehensible behavior on tape.

    And the kicker that convinces me that it's not the edit or scripted is because the Bach has been working overtime trying to shift the grain by portraying Vienna as the nutty slut on BP2 just like Michelle Money was the nutty slut on Brad's season. Except Michelle's not looking quite so nutty-slutty this time around, is she?

    Ahhh, the not so wonderful world of Bach misogyny. I will never buy their misogyny, though. Not now. Not ever.

    And that's why I don't care how many staged crying girls they throw at Jake's supposedly heroic, role model feet or how poorly they make Vienna look or even if Vienna truly is that much of a nutty slut. None of that changes the fact that I see Jake Pavelka as a d-bag because of the pattern of behavior I have seen him display toward women -- a pattern that, thus far, goes against the script ABC seems desperate to write for him for some ungodly reason.
    dzigner and GoingInCircles like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  5. #75
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    265

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont think he likes women, I dont think he looks at women the same way my DH does.Jake looks at them, as a means to an end. I am not looking at Vienna, he can do all that on his own.When someone shows you who they are, let them Jake has shown me what and who he is, I dont need a Vienna to make my own opinion . In fact, if I take her out of the equation, he still makes me recoil.UGH!
    Couldn't agree more!

  6. #76
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    ...I see Jake Pavelka as a d-bag because of the pattern of behavior I have seen him display toward women -- a pattern that, thus far, goes against the script ABC seems desperate to write for him for some ungodly reason.
    The thing is, why would a TV network be desperate to portray a guy as a good guy if he wasn't. Seriously, why would they? I've actually never heard of a network being desperate to portray ANYONE as a good guy. That's just not lucrative for the network.

  7. #77
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,434

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    chrisg had a much better answer to the question.I deleted mine
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 08-26-2011 at 01:19 AM.

  8. #78
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    The thing is, why would a TV network be desperate to portray a guy as a good guy if he wasn't. Seriously, why would they? I've actually never heard of a network being desperate to portray ANYONE as a good guy. That's just not lucrative for the network.
    It's quite lucrative. There can't be antagonists without protagonists. That dichotomy defines reality television and a myriad of other forms of entertainment.

    And I think you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree about Jake Pavelka, FF. I don't see a good guy there in any remote fashion. You are absolutely entitled to mileage that varies and so am I. Have a great night.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  9. #79
    FORT Fogey veg_out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,610

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    It's quite lucrative. There can't be antagonists without protagonists. That dichotomy defines reality television and a myriad of other forms of entertainment.

    And I think you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree about Jake Pavelka, FF. I don't see a good guy there in any remote fashion. You are absolutely entitled to mileage that varies and so am I. Have a great night.
    Yay, chrisg-money is back!

    Rather than state my opinion of Jake, I'll address his "role" in this season. Along with chris' statement that his edit fits with the requirements for a narrative, there's also some speculation that Jake negotiated with ABC. Jesse C. made a remark that Jake's contract specified four episodes, which is the reason for last week's blackout. Though ABC could rebury Jake ten times over in money were he to sue them, perhaps he negotiated his redemption in lieu of a lawsuit for defamation of character. That rationale comes undone, though, as soon as I look at the show's contract: essentially a contestant signs away his/her rights when that signature hits the dotted line. ABC clearly states that they can misconstrue an edit or footage for whatever intent.

    ABC probably chooses sides when it comes to its final couples. With Jake and Vienna, they decided to redeem Jake by portraying Vienna and Kasey as conniving counterparts. To viewers who watched Jake from Jillian's season through to DWTS and now this show, his true character shines through any and all editing.

    Also, Jesse noted that several of the cast were paid to do "certain things." Not sure what any of that means but I'd maintain that this show follows the course charted by the producers not the cast. As for the show's misogyny, prepare yourselves since next week it shifts to Holly.

    On a side note, please pray for--or send positive energy/thoughts to--the East Coast since we're in the line of Irene's fire. Stay safe, my fellow East Coasters.
    Last edited by veg_out; 08-26-2011 at 08:00 AM.

  10. #80
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Yay, chrisg-money is back!

    Rather than state my opinion of Jake, I'll address his "role" in this season. Along with chris' statement that his edit fits with the requirements for a narrative, there's also some speculation that Jake negotiated with ABC. Jesse C. made a remark that Jake's contract specified four episodes, which is the reason for last week's blackout. Though ABC could rebury Jake ten times over in money were he to sue them, perhaps he negotiated his redemption in lieu of a lawsuit for defamation of character. That rationale comes undone, though, as soon as I look at the show's contract: essentially a contestant signs away his/her rights when that signature hits the dotted line. ABC clearly states that they can misconstrue an edit or footage for whatever intent.

    ABC probably chooses sides when it comes to its final couples. With Jake and Vienna, they decided to redeem Jake by portraying Vienna and Kasey as conniving counterparts. To viewers who watched Jake from Jillian's season through to DWTS and now this show, his true character shines through any and all editing.

    Also, Jesse noted that several of the cast were paid to do "certain things." Not sure what any of that means but I'd maintain that this show follows the course charted by the producers not the cast. As for the show's misogyny, prepare yourselves since next week it shifts to Holly.

    On a side note, please pray for--or send positive energy/thoughts to--the East Coast since we're in the line of Irene's fire. Stay safe, my fellow East Coasters.
    I think that the decision as to what "roles" these people play depends largely on the "editing" that they are GIVEN. Just look at the people that were chosen to be a part of BP2. It is all about the drama, and someone (sometimes more than one) will be chosen to be this season's Villian. That role so far has largely gone to Vienna and Kasey who have given the editors a plethora of soundbites, ITM interviews, etc etc ... The producers will use whatever they are given. Vienna and Kasey gave them plenty, so Jake's "role" wasn't to be the Villian - but rather the misunderstood Victim of Vienna's wrath. He knew exactly what he was doing. He came in with a plan to redeem himself with John Q Public and stuck with the plan....while Vienna and Kasey kept all the attention on themselves.

    I would not be surprised if Jake did negotiate a contract with ABC to come back. The producers no doubt wanted him badly, and they knew that a lot of people would tune in to see the fireworks between him and Vienna. They got an extra bonus with Kasey. He was brought in to stir things up even further as he played his part in the drama....to guard and protect.

    Each season the producers are looking to fill certain "roles". Some might be brought in knowing their respective roles, and some just give the producers what they need. Melissa is giving them "crazy", and some new villians are emerging in the coming weeks. I agree that the emphasis is going to be placed on the Michael-Holly-Blake triangle in the coming weeks now that Jake has left the building.

    I don't think that ABC cares one iota about any of these people when it comes to putting a show together. Jake got the edit he did, because he did not want to give the producers much to work with. For that reason Jake came out with a pretty clean edit. But, he did not succeed in changing my opinion of him, and I, too, base this on what I saw of him on the Bachelorette, Bachelor, DWTS, and now the Bachelor Pad2. I don't find him likeable....just my opinion.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 08-26-2011 at 12:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.