+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I recall that almost my first, if not my actual first, comment about Jake during Gillian's season was that he appeared to be of weak character and nothing he has done since has changed my opinion. While I'm not going to make level charges of abuse against him, my experience has been that abusive people (not just men) do tend to be weak. And people that weak have a tendency to lash out in frustration and anger when things aren't going their way.
    Bingo!
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-23-2011 at 11:29 PM.

IF Jake (or if any man) doesn't want to sleep with Vienna, that is his perrogative. It's not friggin abuse!

Likewise, if a female does not want to have sex, she does not have to!

I'm frustrated by the comments here that withholding sex could in any way/shape/form be construed as abuse!!!!! I don't care if you're dating, married, or a hooker, the other person is never OWED sex, so you are never an abuser by not having sex with somebody who wants it from you.

Vienna is a manipulative liar. We've seen the footage of her manipulating Kasey. (One time it was about loyalty. Another time is was about her expectations that he would protect her--I guess by vaporizing Jake or something). I echo what I said several months back, that Jake is entitled to sue her for her destructive allegations. I am developing a deep hate for this girl who wants to purposely slander/libel an ex via exageration, and whose attempts to do so have been captured on film.

Please note: I do not defend any of Jake's characteristics. I simply am horrified by Vienna's, and I think she needs to be prosecuted.
    Ellen, Tobi, BuckeyeAddict and 8 others like this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    IF Jake (or if any man) doesn't want to sleep with Vienna, that is his perrogative. It's not friggin abuse!

I'm frustrated by the comments here that withholding sex could in any way/shape/form be construed as abuse!!!!! I don't care if you're dating, married, or a hooker, the other person is never OWED sex, so you are never an abuser by not having sex with somebody who wants it from you.

Vienna is a manipulative liar. We've seen the footage of her manipulating Kasey. (One time it was about loyalty. Another time is was about her expectations that he would protect her--I guess by vaporizing Jake or something). I echo what I said several months back, that Jake is entitled to sue her for her destructive allegations. I am developing a deep hate for this girl who wants to purposely slander/libel an ex via exageration, and whose attempts to do so have been captured on film.

Please note: I do not defend any of Jake's characteristics. I simply am horrified by Vienna's, and I think she needs to be prosecuted.
    I wish I could "like" this 500 times!

I don't really care for Jake either, but compared to how I feel about Vienna and Kasey, I could just about be a fan of Jakes! The one thing I have to say about Jake is at least he tried to bury the hatchet. Whether it was to try to improve his image or just to try to reduce the discomfort - or both - I don't know. It did surprise me to see Vienna actually be nice back on Monday though.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Jake did after he was eliminated, and who he hung out to dry. NOT looking forward to V&K's gloating and celebrating. Again, thank heavens for DVRs and the FF button!
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 08-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Tobi, sclilred1 and Duckyface like this.

By all appearances, Jake finally received his redemption based on his rather pristine edit. Aside from the comments that Kasey and Vienna make about him being physically/emotionally abusive, the show left in numerous comments by the rest of the cast who make positive remarks about him. Kasey and Vienna's fights and edits deconstruct the negative image they're trying to paint of Jake; instead, they come off as manipulative, intense, and irrational.

They're background noise to me in this season. I'll be glad when they're all gone.
    angelic_one2002 and sclilred1 like this.

FORT Fogey

I still maintain Jake's trying to "bury the hatchet" had nothing to do with either Vienna or Kasey, but was just for his own purposes to save his sorry face in front of the Bach/ette watching fans.
    Rattus, KatesMom and jucamer like this.

Withholding affection is used by a control freak, such as Jake, as a punishment toward their significant other. This is indeed emotional abuse.

Abuse comes in various forms, it's not just physical.

Women tend to use this tactic just as much if not moreso than men.

Vienna is a master manipulator for sure. With Kasey she uses sex to get what she wants, with others it's like Chris said, she turns on the waterworks. This crying schtick is very typical behavior for a spoiled child/daddy's girl.

The bottom line is they are both manipulative.
    Last edited by ASassyKat; 08-24-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    Withholding affection is used by a control freak, such as Jake, as a punishment toward their significant other. This is indeed emotional abuse.

Abuse comes in various forms, it's not just physical.

Women tend to use this tactic just as much if not moreso than men.

Vienna is a master manipulator for sure. With Kasey she uses sex to get what she wants, with others it's like Chris said, she turns on the waterworks. This crying schtick is very typical behavior for a spoiled child/daddy's girl.

The bottom line is they are both manipulative.
    Agree with you that some men and women use it as a weapon and a form of punishment. What I think we don't know is whether that is the case here. We have Vienna's take. Jake hasn't said anything - maybe because it was abuse but maybe because he didn't know she was saying it and didn't know he needed to defend against it. I guess what I have been trying to say is that what is coming across to me from Vienna is that she is a drama queen and she is manipulative. So while Jake may have acted one way in private and one way in public - I don't know what those differences are, because I am only seeing them through Vienna's perception - which, based on what I have seen so far makes me skeptical.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    I still maintain Jake's trying to "bury the hatchet" had nothing to do with either Vienna or Kasey, but was just for his own purposes to save his sorry face in front of the Bach/ette watching fans.
    Absolutely.He was trying to save face, it didn't work. No more DWTS, no more Bach pad, no more anything Pavelka . Same with Vienna, they have had their 15 mins and some, we dont need to see them again. Quite frankly they all seem a bit screwed up on this show..( jmho)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 08-25-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat View Post
    It seems MUCH more likely that Jake stopped FEELING affection for her, once he found out how she acts. I still believe that dating somebody and getting sick of them and not feeling like kissing them isn't abuse.

If somebody is not kissing me anymore, I guess I have two choices:
    1) I could throw a fit, claim abuse in the tabloids and on TV, and play a victim. (And collect $$ from the tabloid.)
    OR
    2) I could recognize that they don't feel like kissing me (could be for any number of reasons), and recognize that they have a right to choose whether to kiss me, and that the wisest choice for me is to skeedaddle.

Vienna's ego won't let her admit that Jake lost interest in her.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 08-24-2011 at 09:07 PM.
    Tobi, sclilred1, Duckyface and 1 others like this.

It seems MUCH more likely that Jake stopped FEELING affection for her, once he found out how she acts. I still believe that dating somebody and getting sick of them and not feeling like kissing them isn't abuse.

If somebody is not kissing me anymore, I guess I have two choices:
    1) I could throw a fit, claim abuse in the tabloids and on TV, and play a victim. (And collect $$ from the tabloid.)
    OR
    2) I could recognize that they don't feel like kissing me (could be for any number of reasons), and recognize that they have a right to choose whether to kiss me, and that the wisest choice for me is to skeedaddle.

Vienna's ego won't let her admit that Jake lost interest in her.
    Thank You! Sheeesh.
    I understand if youre married and long term, you withhold affection. But, that they were dating, and one decides the other isnt for them, or they get in a fight, and they dont feel like faking it, is hardly emotional abuse.
    fireflyer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread