+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Kasey is an entrepreneur: code for I don't really do much of anything. In the '80's it was "I'm in marketing" which made us all run for the hills because that meant didn't really do much of anything.
    Then later --- '90's?? it became Pharmaceutical rep.
    Tobi likes this.

FORT Fogey

Back to Jake. Someone in the know told me he is an excellent and well respected trainer of other pilots. It's his social personality that needs a tune-up. I think he needs a good shrink. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    Back to Jake. Someone in the know told me he is an excellent and well respected trainer of other pilots. It's his social personality that needs a tune-up. I think he needs a good shrink. JMHO.
    I think that you are right about Jake. He seems to be lacking in social skills when it comes to forming lasting relationships.....just my opinion. I still think that he went on BP to try to change the public's opinion of him, and he went in there with a well thought out plan. I am sure that Jake knew just what buttons to push when it came to Vienna, and she played right into his hands. Both she and Kasey have come out of this looking far worse than Jake, because they were not smart enough to take another approach with him. And the edit that they are getting isn't doing them any favors either.

And IMO Jake and Vienna are equally to blame for what happened in their relationship. They probably bring out the worst in each other. I am not a fan of either of them, and I certainly hope that this is the last time that we see either of them on our television screens.

FORT Fogey

I think that it makes sense that a guy with Jake's personality would excel as a trainer. Jake's got a pretty big ego, and comes across as having a strong desire to be well liked, and to be viewed as smart, good looking, and be admired by others. In a training situation, he'd be the authority and the smartest guy in the room. He'd also have the comfort of knowing he was viewed as the smartest guy in the room. Since that's his comfort zone, I can see where Jake would excel there.

He may be a very good pilot trainer, but that is not apparently what he wants to be. He wants to be a star. I think he should just stop trying to pretend he is something that he is not. I may be wrong - but if he actually had the talent to pull off an acting career, I don't think he needs to be the world's nicest guy to attain that. Somehow he doesn't get that though. He thinks America needs to love him - but we don't buy it, so it all comes off as fake.

One thing I noted Monday night and forgot to post - did anyone else note when he wanted to talk to her he called her "V"? Probably his pet name for her. And my guess is when he did it, it completely set her off. Here's a tip buddy, when you want help from someone, don't call them a name that will probably bring right back into the forefront the terrible time in their life that you want them to move past. I think it was a passive-aggressive move on his part and it was a cheap shot - like showed a lack of respect for her.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

FORT Fogey

Jake is not a bad guy. His unctuous personality is a turn off but he did not abuse Vienna. She is the abuser. Does she not realize that she is helping people like him more by her actions? She is illustrating exactly how she was in her relationship with Jake. People don't change personalities when they change boyfriends. Jake when through the hell Kasey is now living. I have empathy for Jake and wish him well. I think this show has helped his image.
    Ellen and sclilred1 like this.

I am married to a pilot, I can confirm that social situations are not their strong suit, lol. But what you see is what you get. You will never get dishonestly from them, no false compliments and no scheming or manipulating. They often are the smartest one in the room but do not set out to prove themselves to anyone. I don't know why Jake puts himself in these situations except that it has been very tough for pilots the last decade since 9/11 and survival kicks in as far as finances go. Pilots are also notorious for starting up businesses that fail probably because they don't have that innate ability to schmooze people. Every time our president goes on a rant about private jets a pilot loses his/her job but that does not seem to matter to him nor does he give a care. It saddens me because we have been impacted by this personally and know many other pilots that have too as that industry has hit the skids. One thing I just want to say is that companies do not have jets for fun, if they were not cost effective they would get rid of them because unlike the politicians they have to buy, pay for fuel and maintain them and pay for the pilot's ratings themselves and their salaries, if it was a luxury they would not do it. We know several businessmen that work all day and hop all over the USA trying to get as much business as possible, you would not believe their schedule and the pressure they are under. The airplanes are not luxurious, often they are junk, there are no bathrooms or flight attendants, bare bones. I guess if you fly on AF1 you couldn't imagine the real world though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jake is not a bad guy. His unctuous personality is a turn off but he did not abuse Vienna. She is the abuser. Does she not realize that she is helping people like him more by her actions? She is illustrating exactly how she was in her relationship with Jake. People don't change personalities when they change boyfriends. Jake when through the hell Kasey is now living. I have empathy for Jake and wish him well. I think this show has helped his image.
    I have worked with abused women I would have to say Jake is an emotional abuser, one of the worst kind, because he doesnt leave any scars.Does she play the victim to the hilt? yes, but that doesn't excuse his behaviour.He wants to be a TV star, and thats what burns his butt,hardly anyone likes him.There's a reason his Limo company went bust,as for being a pilot, the ones I know are great. But they are nothing like Jake, and why doesnt he fly anymore?

FORT Fogey

Farewell, Jake. Hopefully this is the last time we will see you on our TV screens. Just my humble opinion......

I also volunteer at the homeless shelter and the women's extension that houses abused women and I am a nurse. I don't see a story of abuse here. If Jake is considered emotionally abusive then should Vienna also be called an emotional abuser, a user, a vindictive manipulator the player of victim?

There's a difference in bravado and emotional abuse. I don't see it, to each his own opinion. She has planted that seed and others have run with it. Kacey and Vienna admit they set out to turn people against Jake. I guess that's not abusive. I don't know if it's true that he doesn't fly anymore but I do know that many companies are out of business and it's not easy getting a flying job these days as companies feel targeted and are eliminating their flight departments. Someone should ask him why. If he is a trainer and pilots aren't working there are no pilots who need to be trained. I wish him all the best. He may be a jerk, I really couldn't say, I don't know him, but as far as labeling someone an abuser I just wouldn't do that.

+ Reply to Thread