+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

I'm not sure about my judgements of Jake and Vienna. There's a lot wrong with both of them and they're very much alike so it's definitely not surprising they couldn't be together. There's never room for more than one narcissist in a relationship.

If what Jake says about what Vienna did (& I could definitely believe she is capable of all of it), then he is not the villian. If Jake did the things Vienna says he did (& I feel he is capable of it also) then he is the villian.

When you have this kind of situation, I usually believe it's a little of both "he says, she says..."
    But personally, I think Vienna is more of the villian..........not that it matters who is slightly more evil than the other!
    JMHO
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    You can see the mean streak in his eyes IMO. And I saw real fear in Vienna when she was watching for him, and talking about him. I believe that she really is scared of him, and after watching that break-up, I don't blame her. His behavior during that was probably him actually refraining himself. Imagine behind closed doors! Scary... And I do not like Vienna, but as others have posted, no one deserves that.
    Vienna isn't afraid of Jake: if she was, she would have walked out the door as soon as she saw him. I wondered how hard it would be to leave, since they signed a contract to be on the show. I found out on the most recent episode... Chris Harrsion told Vienna that she could leave. Gia left: no questions asked. Vienna could leave the show as easily as Gia did. There's no pressure to stay.

Jake is one of those guys that believes that just because he says it, it is true. Sorry buddy, but America is not buying what you are selling. Keep talking - you are just making it worse.

I do agree with the statement above, if Vienna is so afraid of him she should leave. I think she is one of those people that will tell a sweet person all the horrible things to get the sweet guy to knock off the meanie and he goes to jail for murder and she walks scott free...or maybe I watch to much lifetime tv movies!
    sclilred1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    This certainly puts a lot of doubt in my mind about all the so-called psychological testing the folks on Bach/ette go through. If the psychologists and the tests are any good, how did he get on the program in the first place.
    Narcissists want to be admired. Actors and reality "stars" want to be admired by millions of people. The narcissism of some actors and reality stars is much worse than others. The psychological tests that those who appear on the show take, don't screen out narcissism.

FORT Fan

I'm certainly no fan of either of them but between the two I just feel that Jake is the liar.. Vienna is a drama queen for sure but when she talks about Jake my BS detector doesn't go off.. sure she plays it up and makes it more dramatic then it is but I do believe he treated her badly. His "I'm just a Mr. Nice Guy victim" act doesn't fool me at all.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Vienna isn't afraid of Jake: if she was, she would have walked out the door as soon as she saw him.
    Not necessarily. It depends on how badly she wants whatever she is getting from being on this show. As an example, I am severely acrophobic, and I mean cripplingly. I have panic attacks on any elevator going higher than what I managed to accustom myself to, I can't get anywhere near the window in my office, and I can't stand on the second step of the kitchen stool to get anything from a higher shelf. However, one year when we were at the fair, at the end of a twelve hour day, my feet were in excruciating pain. Rather than walk back to the end where our car was parked, I elected to take the skytram back. I had my nails dug into Mr. Rattus' arm the entire way, all the while shrieking under my breath "stop moving, stop freakin' moving or I'll kill you". But I seriously did not want to walk, and perhaps Vienna is just as serious about wanting that fame/$250,000.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Not necessarily. It depends on how badly she wants whatever she is getting from being on this show. As an example, I am severely acrophobic, and I mean cripplingly. I have panic attacks on any elevator going higher than what I managed to accustom myself to, I can't get anywhere near the window in my office, and I can't stand on the second step of the kitchen stool to get anything from a higher shelf. However, one year when we were at the fair, at the end of a twelve hour day, my feet were in excruciating pain. Rather than walk back to the end where our car was parked, I elected to take the skytram back. I had my nails dug into Mr. Rattus' arm the entire way, all the while shrieking under my breath "stop moving, stop freakin' moving or I'll kill you". But I seriously did not want to walk, and perhaps Vienna is just as serious about wanting that fame/$250,000.
    WOW, I can't imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis, Rattus. And it also puts some of your posts into perspective on this subject.

Here's my thing here though - I haven't heard what he has done to her that was so bad. She hates him, I get that. Now maybe this is editing on the part of producers to take out the truly bad stuff. But we have now heard for two weeks how terrible he is and how scared of him she is. But what examples have we gotten? I just about died laughing last night when she gave the example of cooking a meal and him not eating it as evidence of his cruelty. OMG, welcome to a typical American family!! I can't tell you how many times my husband or I will cook dinner and the other doesn't feel like eating it. Now if he had thrown the food into a wall (or at her) and screamed at her until she made something else, well that would be different. Treating her like a possession - I don't even know what that means. Does it mean he told her what to do? Doesn't sound like it. More sounds like he wasn't completely enamoured of her every minute he was home. Again, welcome to real life. Sometimes that happens.

I will add that I absolutely believe that Jake is a piece of crap. I absolutely believe that he never loved Vienna. And I absolutely believe that he is capable of being a real jerk. What I really have not been able to get so far is any concrete evidence of abuse against Vienna, as opposed to a crappy relationship, her not getting her way and not liking how she was treated, her hating him now and her being a serious drama queen. Not saying it isn't there - but I haven't seen real evidence of it. With regard to her hands shaking in the first episode - maybe she really was afraid of him. But I think of two things whenever someone says that - first, my hands shake when I am so mad I almost can't breathe. Second, Jake said Vienna can cry on command. Yes, Jake said it, so take it with a grain of salt. But what I have witnessed, even in the last few weeks, is she does appear to cry pretty easily when she thinks it will benefit her. So is she really afraid of him - or again, is she good at manipulating and a drama queen.

And please don't take this post as saying I favor Jake. I can't stand either of them and think they are both completely useless and I want them off my screen. But I have seen some posts saying she appears to be more believeable and she really does look like she fears him. At least from my perspective, I don't see either and I think she is playing for the cameras just as much as he is.

I feel Vienna is COMPLETELY lying about any abuse. She's refers to ridiculous things like you mentioned -- ie. Jake not eating what she cooked, or not making out with her like he used to -- as ABUSE. I think that's a horrible lie and I think Jake should sue Vienna for that defamation of character. She sounds like she's completely full of shite and a complete liar. It's really wrong to claim abuse that isn't actually occuring, and it belittles all the women who are going through horrific situations with truly abusive men.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    I do agree with the statement above, if Vienna is so afraid of him she should leave. I think she is one of those people that will tell a sweet person all the horrible things to get the sweet guy to knock off the meanie and he goes to jail for murder and she walks scott free...or maybe I watch to much lifetime tv movies!
    It's not that Vienna "should" leave: it's that she "would have" left if she was afraid of Jake. She would have walked out the door of the bachelor house as soon as Jake walked into the door of the bachelor house. Vienna would have then gotten into a limo and would have been driven away. She wouldn't live in the same house with Jake, say one word to Jake, or listen to him say even one word to her.
    sclilred1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread