+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

I hope Jake goes home soon and puts us out of our misery.

Classic narcissist. Vienna is a manipulative bitch, but at least she's pretty up-front about it. Jake's "I'm an earnest good guy" act is nauseating.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Jake Pavelka not only displays signs of being a classic narcissist, as Critical said, he also demonstrates textbook emotionally abusive behavior. And the Bach franchise escalating its efforts to fake rehabilitate Jake sinks its typical standard of somewhat restrained misogyny to an entirely new and completely unacceptable low.

No woman deserves emotional abuse: No way, no how, not ever. And the corroboration that Jake did not just treat Vienna this way is in the taped rehearsals with his DWTS partner where he demonstrated frighteningly similar emotionally abusive behavior toward Chelsie Hightower. I’m sure he thought she deserved it, as well, as he likely thinks many women he encounters deserve it.

It is bad enough that women continue to deal with general societal inequity, but for the Bach franchise to blatantly attempt to whitewash disturbingly apparent control freak narcissism and emotional abuse toward women –- when its primary audience consists of them -- is really beyond the pale.
    Rattus likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I completely agree about Jake. And with respect to Vienna being terrified of him during his "apology", I do understand. He may not have been physically abusive, but anyone who has spent any amount of time with a sociopath, which I believe Jake to be, knows how mentally cruel they can be while at the same time being difficult to refute - the buggers are sneaky. And while Vienna is a puerile, selfish dimwiit, as Chris says, no one deserves that.
    Hyper likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I completely agree about Jake. And with respect to Vienna being terrified of him during his "apology", I do understand. He may not have been physically abusive, but anyone who has spent any amount of time with a sociopath, which I believe Jake to be, knows how mentally cruel they can be while at the same time being difficult to refute - the buggers are sneaky. And while Vienna is a puerile, selfish dimwiit, as Chris says, no one deserves that.
    This certainly puts a lot of doubt in my mind about all the so-called psychological testing the folks on Bach/ette go through. If the psychologists and the tests are any good, how did he get on the program in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    This certainly puts a lot of doubt in my mind about all the so-called psychological testing the folks on Bach/ette go through. If the psychologists and the tests are any good, how did he get on the program in the first place.
    Sociopathy (or more properly, I guess, antisocial personality disorder) is really hard to diagnose because there are so many subsets of the disorder, and most of them aren't actually violent. And assuming that Jake is indeed a sociopath (which I in all my high school book learnin' believe to be so ), I'm going to have to assume that the reality tv universe doesn't employ the most highly qualified psychologists/psychiatrists. I would have to hope that they are all doing something more useful with their time.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

You can see the mean streak in his eyes IMO. And I saw real fear in Vienna when she was watching for him, and talking about him. I believe that she really is scared of him, and after watching that break-up, I don't blame her. His behavior during that was probably him actually refraining himself. Imagine behind closed doors! Scary... And I do not like Vienna, but as others have posted, no one deserves that.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

FORT Fan

Without judging Jake or Vienna, they have chosen to be in the public eye (for money or fame or whatever), and they will have to deal with the consequences. ABC knows that "cringe-worthy" television sells! They are doing just that, and we are gobbling it up! For me, the funniest part of the show was Jake mistaking the rose for an olive branch. Come on, you fly planes, how stupid can you be!
    sclilred1 likes this.

That was pretty foolish of Jake to give that rose to Vienna, he should have given it to Gia. He's just doing it to stay in the game..
    sclilred1 likes this.
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

I just saw an interesting interview with Jake on ET. Boy, is he trying to make the public change their perception of him!!! He is continuing to throw Vienna under the bus and trying to make himself out to be the "wounded" ex-fiance. Jake even went as far to say that Vienna missed out on a really great guy (himself) and he would have loved her for the rest of his life. Jake said that the televised breakup, where (according to him) Vienna was spreading lies about him, ended up causing him to lose a lot of very good opportunities. After that was televised, they all dried up.

I think that the more he talks the worse he looks. Me thinks that he protests too much.
    NEPASue, KatesMom and Columbia, MD like this.

+ Reply to Thread