+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

FORT Fogey

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Considering all the negativity posted here about him, it seems like extremely SMART marketing to put himself on another show. It's humorous that so many people think he'd be doing another show to "change people's opinions" of him. I think he's too smart to give a cr_p about that, but he sees it as simply another paycheck, just like the 4 contracted shows on Bachelor Pad. Cha-ching!!! Talk all you want about him, but he created a product out of nothing, now he's selling the product and people are buying. If you had something to sell worth tens of thousands of dollars, would you do nothing, or would you cash it in?
    I read that Jake got paid what everybody else got paid on the Bachelor Pad, which was $750 dollars a day. When Jake is interviewed on the hater show, I don't think he will be paid much. Maybe Jake is hoping that if he shows up on enough TV shows, he will be discovered by a talent scout.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I read that Jake got so angry during the filming of the Bachelor, that he threw a chair... but of course it was edited out. . .
    Can't say that, in his shoes with the [I'll use the term again] interrupting harpy, I wouldn't have done the same. And I'm not violent. At all.
    If all he threw was a chair, I'd say he was exercising incredible restraint with that piece of .... uhhh .... work.
    mollieplayer likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I like the narcissist definition. Very cutting and perfect in this case. I agree that that's probably what it is. However, he is not a sociopath, so he is not entirely a narcissist. Just narcissistic, IMO. Of course, I've never dated him...

Funny, on the Bachelorette he just seemed socially awkward and nerdy...

I still think he's a way better guy that lots of BP guys.

I love how the producers make all the guys look nice and decent on the bachelorette and then we see them in this more raw setting.... !
    "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: www.howtogethappy.wordpress.com

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Can't say that, in his shoes with the [I'll use the term again] interrupting harpy, I wouldn't have done the same. And I'm not violent. At all. If all he threw was a chair, I'd say he was exercising incredible restraint with that piece of .... uhhh .... work.
    I read that Jake threw a chair during the filming of the Bachelor, but I don't know who he was with at the time.

I read that Jake threw a chair during the filming of the Bachelor, but I don't know who he was with at the time.
    I think he has a temper, regardless of who he is with.Nasty man.

I read that Jake got paid what everybody else got paid on the Bachelor Pad, which was $750 dollars a day. When Jake is interviewed on the hater show, I don't think he will be paid much. Maybe Jake is hoping that if he shows up on enough TV shows, he will be discovered by a talent scout.
    Not to mention the game show laws. If there is a written contract out there that it was agreed he was to be in 4 episodes, I'm sure we will hear about it soon enough. Someone will spill the beans - and ABC will have plenty to answer to.

There was a clip of Jake kicking a chair --- or, maybe he threw it. As I remember, it was an outdoor scene, the lightweight aluminum chair was in his walking path and I believe he was angry about a particular direction coming from producers.

Anyway, I think it fair to say, at one time or another, ALL star Bachelor/ettes have expressed displeasure towards producers.

FORT Fogey

Sure, just hearsay. Could be false or even a lie. Just an invention also, you know how stories start.

It happened in a production meeting during the camping trip portion of the roadshow to San Francisco. He didn't like what they wanted him to do and threw a chair before stomping out. It was shown over and over in previews, but not on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I read that Jake got paid what everybody else got paid on the Bachelor Pad, which was $750 dollars a day.
    Does 1 episode = 1 day? Or does it take a couple days to get the footage for each episode?

If I was Rated R and was only one 1 episode spanning 1 day (so I only get $750), I would think that was not much income AT ALL. I figured they were getting more money than that.

+ Reply to Thread