+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Jake Pavelka BP2

Re: Jake Pavelka BP2

I think he's had a little taste of fame( well sort of fame) and he wants more, alot more. His 15 minutes was over a long time ago, he his well past his sell by date.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    This is also how I see Jake - shallow and superficial....and narcissistic.

Here are some things about narcissism that are taken from Wikipedia: "They are excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequency, power, prestige and vanity. They can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, unaware of others' needs and the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen".

Yes, I would say the Jake is insistent that others see him the way that he wishes to be seen. This is something that he does not have complete control over, and it is eating him alive.
    Wow you just described Vienna. After watching her on BP2 I can see why Jake lost his temper with her.
    Ellen likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    This is also how I see Jake - shallow and superficial....and narcissistic. Here are some things about narcissism that are taken from Wikipedia: "They are excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequency, power, prestige and vanity. They can be controlling, blaming, self-absorbed, unaware of others' needs and the effects of their behavior on others, and insistent that others see them as they wish to be seen". Yes, I would say the Jake is insistent that others see him the way that he wishes to be seen. This is something that he does not have complete control over, and it is eating him alive.
    In Ovid's tale, a goddess makes Narcissus fall in love with his own reflection. He sits by the pool, watching it until he dies and turns into the narcissus flower. Narcissists interact socially with others, but do not form social bonds with others. In order avoid being 'owned' by others, the narcissist reduces them to non-human objects. Narcissists often need to feel that they are the only good objects in the world and therefore harbor great envy, which appears as narcissistic rage, (example: Jake yelling at Vienna) that seeks to destroy the good objects of others. Narcissists can be deceptive and lie, (example: when Jake said he would donate any money he won from the Bachelor Pad to charity). Narcissists require excessive attention, admiration and rewards from others. Narcissists have fantasies of fame, power and success, (which is why they want to be on TV). They believe they are superior, and exploit others without feelings of guilt. They are given to frustration, anger and irrationality when they do not get what they want, (which could describe both Jake AND Vienna).
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think he's had a little taste of fame( well sort of fame) and he wants more, alot more. His 15 minutes was over a long time ago, he his well past his sell by date.
    When I saw Jake on the Bachelorette and the Bachelor, I thought he was charming. Then he yelled at Vienna on the breakup show. Now I have a completely different view of him. He sounded charming on the Bachelor Pad, but I know his charm is fake. I would like him to continue to be on TV, so I can see what he's really like.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    When I saw Jake on the Bachelorette and the Bachelor, I thought he was charming. Then he yelled at Vienna on the breakup show.
    I'd have yelled he really only snapped at that interrupting harpy, too! Yay, Jake!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'd have yelled he really only snapped at that interrupting harpy, too! Yay, Jake!
    I read that Jake got so angry during the filming of the Bachelor, that he threw a chair... but of course it was edited out to protect the image of Jake that the producers were trying to promote. I was startled/shocked when Jake yelled at Vienna... for me, Jake's yelling shattered the image that I had of him.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I read that Jake got so angry during the filming of the Bachelor, that he threw a chair... but of course it was edited out to protect the image of Jake that the producers were trying to promote. I was startled/shocked when Jake yelled at Vienna... for me, Jake's yelling shattered the image that I had of him.
    I think he's a nasty nasty man. Nasty seems to cover just about everything I think about him Nasty Jake Pavelka
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    His 15 minutes was over a long time ago, he his well past his sell by date.
    So he is spoiled milk then, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by nepasue View Post
    so he is spoiled milk then, huh?
    lol !

Considering all the negativity posted here about him, it seems like extremely SMART marketing to put himself on another show. It's humorous that so many people think he'd be doing another show to "change people's opinions" of him. I think he's too smart to give a cr_p about that, but he sees it as simply another paycheck, just like the 4 contracted shows on Bachelor Pad.

Cha-ching!!!

Talk all you want about him, but he created a product out of nothing, now he's selling the product and people are buying.

If you had something to sell worth tens of thousands of dollars, would you do nothing, or would you cash it in?
    Dragonlady likes this.

+ Reply to Thread