+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 81 to 90 of 90
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

  1. #81
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    I don't know - I guess it depends on the reason. Let's say the reason was Jackie was too immature and not intelligent enough. If you are Ames and you are a class act, you definitely don't say that on national TV, and you probably don't even say those words to her face. Her comment about wondering what she did wrong makes me think she has some self-esteem issues (although maybe not as great as many). Where I am at my life right now, if a guy simply says to me "it just isn't working out, I don't see it" - that's all I need to hear. I don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me. I don't need to know the reasons - I'm just glad he ended it so I can find the one who is right for me.

    Now if the reason is something completely different, like wanting to be the Bachelor (which I don't believe), then that's another story. But given what we know about Ames, I think he wasn't feeling it, she wasn't up to his standards, but he didn't want to hurt her by telling her exactly why he broke it off.
    cantstopwatchin and Living like this.

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I totally agree that it's best not to string someone along if you have no interest.
    However, something seemed really amiss last night.
    Jackie looked like she was in a great deal of pain. It seems as if Ames did not tell her anything.
    And, sorry but much as I liked him on the Bachette, he seems like he's not at all good at dealing with things like this. He could have said something / anything to assuage Jackie and the viewers, but just seemed to stare blankly in space. I expected more from him and was extremely disappointed..
    Jackie gave an interview a couple of weeks back and said the same thing. Ames has said they are not similar to continue a relationship. What else does Jackie want. When a man/woman drops you, you need to keep some pride. Like she wants people to pity her or to talk to Ames to take her back or what. They broke up more than a month ago after a VERY brief relationship. She is still hurting and digging into it. She needs to move on and not try to make Ames look bad. Even Jillian with Ed's roving eye, did not bad mouth him after the breakup. She just moved on. Jackie is a corrosive influence is trying to find a way to drag Ames down.

    I remember the way she laid into Michelle at the AFRC. Seems to have come out of nowhere after all the help Michelle had given them with their hair etc. She latched onto one or two joking comments Michelle made and would not let go. Jackie seems to latch on to the petty. A more beautiful version of Melissa. I wonder how long she is going to go on with the pity party. Glad Ames run off.

  3. #83
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    Jackie dodged a bullet. She may not know that now but she will find a man who is open and willing to go there with her. Ames was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too contained. Do not like the guy. Not good.
    Rattus likes this.

  4. #84
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,029

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    I work with a young girl who started dating a guy at work. After one week, she was telling him she loved him and being really possessive. He dumped her after dating her for 2 weeks and 7 months later, she's still moping around about it. 90% of her facebook statuses are sappy I miss you posts. It's seriously weird. I get that vibe from Jackie. They only dated a few short weeks. They've been apart longer than they were together. She sat there during the whole show, with a pout on her face, looking miserable. Which in turn, made everyone sitting around her miserable and uncomfortable. She seriously needs to pull her big girl panties up and get on with it. Geez. Personally, I think Ames dodged the bullet.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  5. #85
    "SPYING" ButterflyFaery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Posts
    5,972

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I totally agree that it's best not to string someone along if you have no interest.
    However, something seemed really amiss last night.
    Jackie looked like she was in a great deal of pain. It seems as if Ames did not tell her anything.
    And, sorry but much as I liked him on the Bachette, he seems like he's not at all good at dealing with things like this. He could have said something / anything to assuage Jackie and the viewers, but just seemed to stare blankly in space. I expected more from him and was extremely disappointed..
    not trying to take up for him here but IMO depending on the reason for break up which we really don't know maybe he felt like it was not approiate to air it on public television....I do hope he talked to her and offered her an explaintion but maybe he didn't want to do it on air since all this show has turned into is humilating people and seeing how much curelty they can heap on someone....I respect the fact that he decided not to air his personal garbage on tv...does Jackie deserve and explanition..HECK YES but IMO it should be done in private
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I work with a young girl who started dating a guy at work. After one week, she was telling him she loved him and being really possessive. He dumped her after dating her for 2 weeks and 7 months later, she's still moping around about it. 90% of her facebook statuses are sappy I miss you posts. It's seriously weird. I get that vibe from Jackie. They only dated a few short weeks. They've been apart longer than they were together. She sat there during the whole show, with a pout on her face, looking miserable. Which in turn, made everyone sitting around her miserable and uncomfortable. She seriously needs to pull her big girl panties up and get on with it. Geez. Personally, I think Ames dodged the bullet.
    Agree 100%, JavaJo. I focus on three things as being telling to me: (i) the way she continued to go after Michelle on the WTA even after Michelle was crying - the girl is immature and doesn't get when enough is enough; (ii) her comment Monday night about wanting to know what she had done wrong - immaturity to immediately assume she did something wrong - why can't it just be that he didn't see a future; and (iii) her comment about staying in bed for a week. That one actually scared me - didn't they date for less than a month? This is my opinion only, but I have seen nothing from Ames over both shows but one of the nicest, classiest guys ever to be on these shows. I still think about the group date where someone else (JP maybe) got the group rose and Ames congratulated him. Seriously, this guy is a classy guy. Looking at his family - he has been brought up to respect women, treat them kindly and gently and try not to hurt them. I really think that's what we saw on Monday night - a guy who didn't want to hurt her further. And based on what she was saying about wondering what she did wrong and not getting out of bed - nothing he told her was going to make her feel better. All it was going to do was hurt her more. So he chose the high road, and I commend him for it. I also commend him for getting out sooner rather than later - if he wasn't feeling it, better to end it than keep it going "just to see" and have her more hurt and more invested (if that's possible) later on.

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    not trying to take up for him here but IMO depending on the reason for break up which we really don't know maybe he felt like it was not approiate to air it on public television....I do hope he talked to her and offered her an explaintion but maybe he didn't want to do it on air since all this show has turned into is humilating people and seeing how much curelty they can heap on someone....I respect the fact that he decided not to air his personal garbage on tv...does Jackie deserve and explanition..HECK YES but IMO it should be done in private
    Short of getting back with Ames, will Jackie accept any explanation. We were not compatible is explanation enough. Why does she want more. Even to say I do not want to be with you anymore is an explanation. Does she want Ames to say something like I do not like your little finger and then she tells the whole world adding how petty Ames is. I am glad he dodged the bullet.

  8. #88
    FORT Fogey KatesMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The Motor City
    Posts
    2,292

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    I just had a thought, and wondering what you all think. Many commented after the WTA that Jackie's continual attack on Michelle was really more her audition tape for BP2 - that she needed to stick out and make a name for herself. How many think that might be what we saw Monday night? Her dramatic comments, playing up for the camera, not getting out of bed for a week. Was she really that distraught, or was she again playing up for the camera to stay in the spotlight and stay the person we talk about? And did Ames get a glimpse of that, which is why he broke up with her and wouldn't participate? I may be going way too far here, but wondering how the photogs got wind of them being in Napa and getting a picture of them that then went around the internet. Wasn't it not long after that picture was publicly disseminated that they broke up?

  9. #89
    FORT Fanatic jenniferboston1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    609

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    I followed Jackie on Twitter for awhile....her tweets never seemed like she was distraught!

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Ames Brown BP2

    Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I just had a thought, and wondering what you all think. Many commented after the WTA that Jackie's continual attack on Michelle was really more her audition tape for BP2 - that she needed to stick out and make a name for herself. How many think that might be what we saw Monday night? Her dramatic comments, playing up for the camera, not getting out of bed for a week. Was she really that distraught, or was she again playing up for the camera to stay in the spotlight and stay the person we talk about? And did Ames get a glimpse of that, which is why he broke up with her and wouldn't participate? I may be going way too far here, but wondering how the photogs got wind of them being in Napa and getting a picture of them that then went around the internet. Wasn't it not long after that picture was publicly disseminated that they broke up?
    Auditioning! I do not know. Maybe she is just slow and when she thinks of a situation afterwards she gets emotional and heated up. Or she likes to be counted-noticed. During her interview a month ago, with Ames and Gia, Jackie said she did not get out of bed for 2 days. Maybe after 6 months when she recounts the story, it will be a couple of weeks she stayed in bed. lol
    BTW likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.