+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

FORT Fogey

Re: Ames Brown BP2

Quote Originally Posted by mollieplayer View Post
    I think Ames won the show. He will always be remembered for the gesture and loved for it.

Its HARD to come out smelling sweet as a rose after doing a reality show... but he did even more than that... he came out looking like a frikkin hero.
    You are right. We all wondered what he was doing on the sleazy show. The show is sleazy but he did come out smelling of roses. It even makes TB franchise seem reasonable if they have people like Ames on board.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Yah, when he said goodbye to Jackie and then started walking back to join the housemates, you could almost see him "throw up in his mouth a little" as he looked at the group...
    The look in his eyes was, "No way in H*** am I going back there." Smart move and it cheered up the romantics in the audience.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't know about you guys, but I much prefer seeing happy couples and nice people on reality shows - esp ones like the bach franchise that are about love - than seeing SUPER DUPER annoying and hateful drama kings and queens all the time. I love seeing Ashley happy at the end, for instance, and the thing with Ames, but the thought of seeing Vienna on the screen sometimes makes me not watch until I'm ready to handle it!

Why do producers think we like that crap so much? I mean, sure, some is fine. But get us some really compatible people on these shows for once instead of a bunch of jerks and losers. Then we'd have REAL drama: who can win the girl by being the awesomest guy of all of them?
    1dog2kids likes this.
    "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: www.howtogethappy.wordpress.com

I don't know about you guys, but I much prefer seeing happy couples and nice people on reality shows - esp ones like the bach franchise that are about love - than seeing SUPER DUPER annoying and hateful drama kings and queens all the time. I love seeing Ashley happy at the end, for instance, and the thing with Ames, but the thought of seeing Vienna on the screen sometimes makes me not watch until I'm ready to handle it!

Why do producers think we like that crap so much? I mean, sure, some is fine. But get us some really compatible people on these shows for once instead of a bunch of jerks and losers. Then we'd have REAL drama: who can win the girl by being the awesomest guy of all of them?
    I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately much as people say that, the ratings don't really support it. At the end of the day, people watch for drama. If romance happens, that is great and we love it. But when there are drama-free episodes, I can't tell you how many posts and complaints I see about the show being boring. Even afterwards, think about what the focus is on what we talk and post about - the drama. So while we like it when the good ones "win" in the end and there really is romance, it is the drama and the chaos that keeps many people tuning in - and Fleiss knows it!
    Living likes this.

FORT Fogey

I think Ames won the show. He will always be remembered for the gesture and loved for it.

Its HARD to come out smelling sweet as a rose after doing a reality show... but he did even more than that... he came out looking like a frikkin hero.
    Twice.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Yeah, I do like some drama, too. But the boring Bach shows aren't boring just because there's no drama... they're boring because we don't really know what the Bach/ette is really thinking, and if love really is happening or if its just the fancy locations that cause the feelings to be there. The last show is always the best to me because the love really does actually happen.

Now, if we had a less sleazy, bitchy version of BP, where it was really about getting ppl together instead of tearing them apart, I'd love that! The relationships that formed would be more genuine. And more of them, with more ppl!
    "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: www.howtogethappy.wordpress.com

FORT Fogey

Yeah, I do like some drama, too. But the boring Bach shows aren't boring just because there's no drama... they're boring because we don't really know what the Bach/ette is really thinking, and if love really is happening or if its just the fancy locations that cause the feelings to be there. The last show is always the best to me because the love really does actually happen.

Now, if we had a less sleazy, bitchy version of BP, where it was really about getting ppl together instead of tearing them apart, I'd love that! The relationships that formed would be more genuine. And more of them, with more ppl!
    I really do not see how we can put the word genuine in the same sentence as this franchise. Do not think it exists, neither does Mike Fleiss want it to be. It's about tabloid space generating ratings which bring in money. lol

I agree with Living on the reality of this franchise. But I do think it is interesting that BP has spawned quite a few couples. T&K from BP1. I also think Chris L and Peyton met at an event that she was at with Jesse, who she started a relationship with on BP1, but they decided to just be friends. Then on BP2, we had Ames and Jackie, even being short-lived, Blake and Holly and Michelle and Graham, whatever they end up being. Very interesting.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

IK Jackie was clearly upset last night but I have to give Ames kudos for not stringing her along if he knew they wouldn't work out. It's just as easy to know when you're not meant to be as when you are...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I totally agree that it's best not to string someone along if you have no interest.
    However, something seemed really amiss last night.
    Jackie looked like she was in a great deal of pain. It seems as if Ames did not tell her anything.
    And, sorry but much as I liked him on the Bachette, he seems like he's not at all good at dealing with things like this. He could have said something / anything to assuage Jackie and the viewers, but just seemed to stare blankly in space. I expected more from him and was extremely disappointed..
    BTW and ButterflyFaery like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread