+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

FORT Fogey

Re: Ames Brown BP2

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    So Ames has to travel to Europe to meet people who are as suave and sophisticated as he supposedly is? Ames isn't as sophisticated as you think he is, because of the fact that not only does he watch reality TV, he has appeared on two reality TV shows! Who knows, he might even prefer watching baseball games to attending the opera or reading good books. And maybe he travels, not to be around "better" people, but to learn about other cultures. Also, I read that Ashley claims that Ames and his talk of romance was just that: talk.
    Born and bred in old money, with class does not stop people from watching reality tv, being on tv or eating junk food. They may enjoy watching soaps but also enjoy the opera. Tastes seems to be broader. Maybe because in Europe these old family kinds are more prevalent it is normal to see people like Ames without trying to put them in a box because they do not follow our norm. Thank God Ashley and Ames talk of romance was just talk. It is nice and respectful to be courted, wanted, desired etc. The couples tend to know one another better before taking things physical. So that if/when it becomes physical, there is more of a foundation for it to last. Jumping into the snogging, touching physical quickly is okay for some. But, others male and female prefer to take things slowy.

just a shout out to our Ed (Jillian) who we are certain is gay because sits crossing his leg over his knee, wears a mankini and even worse, green with that bright metallic look. He certainly is gay. Wonder if that is still the opinion of some. Oh! and he and Jillian did not last, they broke it off..hmmmm
    Last edited by Living; 08-22-2011 at 10:28 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Born and bred in old money, with class does not stop people from watching reality tv, being on tv or eating junk food. They may enjoy watching soaps but also enjoy the opera. Tastes seems to be broader. Maybe because in Europe these old family kinds are more prevalent it is normal to see people like Ames without trying to put them in a box because they do not follow our norm. Thank God Ashley and Ames talk of romance was just talk. It is nice and respectful to be courted, wanted, desired etc. The couples tend to know one another better before taking things physical. So that if/when it becomes physical, there is more of a foundation for it to last. Jumping into the snogging, touching physical quickly is okay for some. But, others male and female prefer to take things slowy. just a shout out to our Ed (Jillian) who we are certain is gay because sits crossing his leg over his knee, wears a mankini and even worse, green with that bright metallic look. He certainly is gay. Wonder if that is still the opinion of some. Oh! and he and Jillian did not last, they broke it off..hmmmm
    Maybe Ames didn't want to get physical right away because, subconsciously, he really doesn't want to get physical at all. And, why bring Ed into the conversation... he had two girlfriends on the side. Also, men who might be gay are men who seem feminine instead of masculine. So, why talk about mannerisms that have nothing to do with being masculine or feminine?

OKAY! Time to put a halt to this conversation before it gets personal.

Please bring the topic back to Ames and not others' opinions on whether someone has a "gay" vibe.

Thank you
    jucamer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

I really liked Ames a lot. I hope he finds happiness, he looks so innocent and seems to have that "deer caught in the headlights" look. He was too sweet to have to deal with some of the others on BP2.
    1dog2kids likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Kirk does a weekly interview on a local afternoon entertainment/news show on Tuesdays after the BP aires. He gives great scoop and insite to the last episode and is such a sweet guy. He said Ames is exactly what you see on tv, smart, articulate, caring, just as nice and friendly as you see. Those are really the only characteristics that matter in a person, IMO.

He also said that Vienna was just cruel and immature when it came to Jake, although he actually does like V and her boytoy in RL.
    Tobi and navybelle like this.

Sounds like Ames is having a good time w/Bachelor people this weekend - I think they're all out in Vegas or something, and there have been lots of pictures on Twitter of him. He looks so adorable and sweet.
    I hope after this finale of BP, he doesn't fade away - I want to see more of him somehow or another.
    jucamer likes this.

I LOVE AMES. I am in a very happy relationship, but I think I fell in love with Ames - even before The Bachelor Pad - because he just seems so darn innocent. And he is so classy. The way he left the Bachelor was probably the best exit I've ever seen on that show. He was smiling the whole time! Kind of in shock, but not angry at all. I think that shows character.

That said - were y'all implying (just a bit) that he may have left Jackie to be the next Bachelor? If so, he probably "wasn't really that in to her."

I wish more people would stay together that meet on these shows...
    "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: www.howtogethappy.wordpress.com

FORT Fogey

Ames was big on taking your time in a relationship. That for it to last, you needed to take it slow. With Jackie, he jumped in quickly with both feet. Meaning it was not likely to last as it went contrary to his principles. Also, leaving the show with Jackie may not necessarily have been about Jackie. It may have been the better option in a situation. Walking back, you could see him look at the group of people, back at the limo with Jackie, the group of people. Guess he decided he did not want to stay with the group of people and wanted out. All the others were in teams groups etc. He was always with Jackie. With Jackie gone, he had no friend in the house. What was he going to do there. Better opt out. Gia had.

Yah, when he said goodbye to Jackie and then started walking back to join the housemates, you could almost see him "throw up in his mouth a little" as he looked at the group...
    jucamer likes this.

I think Ames won the show. He will always be remembered for the gesture and loved for it.

Its HARD to come out smelling sweet as a rose after doing a reality show... but he did even more than that... he came out looking like a frikkin hero.
    "Always do what you are afraid to do." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My blog: www.howtogethappy.wordpress.com

+ Reply to Thread