+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

FORT Fogey

Re: Ames Brown BP2

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    He set off my 'dar, too as do/did others from this franchise.
    I've never noticed anyone else from this franchise who appeared to be gay, other than Ames. His mannerisms aren't masculine. Some people have posted that there's something off about him.

What about Weatherman?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I've never noticed anyone else from this franchise who appeared to be gay, other than Ames. His mannerisms aren't masculine. Some people have posted that there's something off about him.
    Speaking as a midwest girl, I often find east coast ivy league men to be more effeminant than the usual man. Their fashion style and communication techniques are very refined compared to the standard male, IMO. I think Ames falls into the east coast, ivy league, social-ite type of upbringing and so yes, this makes him more refined in his style, which equals questioning his sexuality to many... I don't believe for a minute he is gay! His clothing choices (while bizarre to many of us) are considered fashionable and classics by many. I'll take one Ames over 100 David Good's anyday!!
    fireflyer, Juls2, nanarama and 3 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Minney: I've lived on the East Coast all my life, and I will grant you all the points you make, except for those red pants.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Speaking as a midwest girl, I often find east coast ivy league men to be more effeminant than the usual man. Their fashion style and communication techniques are very refined compared to the standard male, IMO. I think Ames falls into the east coast, ivy league, social-ite type of upbringing and so yes, this makes him more refined in his style, which equals questioning his sexuality to many... I don't believe for a minute he is gay! His clothing choices (while bizarre to many of us) are considered fashionable and classics by many. I'll take one Ames over 100 David Good's anyday!!
    I've never thought that any east coast, ivy league educated politicians sounded, or appeared, gay. Also, all of the other males in this franchise seem aggrsssive, sexually aggressive. Ames is refined, genteel, well-mannered... but, the way he moved his arms and hands, his mannerisms, while on his date with Ashley, seemed feminine. I wasn't surprised when he quickly broke up with Jackie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    Being from Europe, I identify with Ames. The cities of Europe are more cosmopolitan and those educated have an air, suave, finesse about them. On one hand, we have the poor man made good who tends to be coarse, hard, David Good kind. So even in society, we still see his crudeness. On the other hand, we have those from family, old family. These have a breeding and air that is usually not understood by those who are not in that circle. We may be in the east coast as long as we like, if we do not habitually socialize with this kind, we will misinterprete them as we judge them according to our standard, which is not the standards by which they live. Ames, is a romantic and from this supposedly upper social class. Our concept and thoughts of him is way off what he really is. he seems very European. Of course being well travelled, he transcends even the limited scope of just being from the east coast. he needs to move to London, Paris or Zurich. He'll blend in nicely.
    Minney and Columbia, MD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Being from Europe, I identify with Ames. The cities of Europe are more cosmopolitan and those educated have an air, suave, finesse about them. On one hand, we have the poor man made good who tends to be coarse, hard, David Good kind. So even in society, we still see his crudeness. On the other hand, we have those from family, old family. These have a breeding and air that is usually not understood by those who are not in that circle. We may be in the east coast as long as we like, if we do not habitually socialize with this kind, we will misinterprete them as we judge them according to our standard, which is not the standards by which they live. Ames, is a romantic and from this supposedly upper social class. Our concept and thoughts of him is way off what he really is. he seems very European. Of course being well travelled, he transcends even the limited scope of just being from the east coast. he needs to move to London, Paris or Zurich. He'll blend in nicely.
    Well stated Living!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    So Ames has to travel to Europe to meet people who are as suave and sophisticated as he supposedly is? Ames isn't as sophisticated as you think he is, because of the fact that not only does he watch reality TV, he has appeared on two reality TV shows! Who knows, he might even prefer watching baseball games to attending the opera or reading good books. And maybe he travels, not to be around "better" people, but to learn about other cultures. Also, I read that Ashley claims that Ames and his talk of romance was just that: talk.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 08-22-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    Tobi likes this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't / don't get a gay vibe from Ames. I just think he is a calm person who keeps his emotions under his coat sleeve rather than on it.

Then again, I SWORE Clay Aiken wasn't gay for YEARS (my husband called it from day 1).

Anyhoo, I think Ames is a player...at least more of one than he lets off. He's in it for the fame and fortune and experience. Just like all of them. Not that there is anythingwrong with that...it's just that while we like to think the show is about love, it is mosty about the experience, the fame, the money, etc.

IMO, of course.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I didn't / don't get a gay vibe from Ames. I just think he is a calm person who keeps his emotions under his coat sleeve rather than on it. Then again, I SWORE Clay Aiken wasn't gay for YEARS (my husband called it from day 1). Anyhoo, I think Ames is a player...at least more of one than he lets off. He's in it for the fame and fortune and experience. Just like all of them. Not that there is anythingwrong with that...it's just that while we like to think the show is about love, it is mosty about the experience, the fame, the money, etc. IMO, of course.
    I didn't see Clay Aiken's season of American Idol. Sometimes getting a gay vibe about someone is instantaneous, and at other times it can take years. There is a certain actor that I watched on TV for years before I realized that his mannerisms seem gay. Also, I think people go on this show because they want to be noticed and admired by millions of people. Dr. Drew Pinsky claims that the measured narcissism of female reality TV contestants is off the chart. Female reality TV show contestants are supoposedly more narcissistic than male reality TV show contestants.

+ Reply to Thread