+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

Re: Ames Brown BP2

Have to agree that Ames will remain on the top of my list of favorite recent bachelors regardless of the short lived Jackie relationship. His crime, if any, was to get involved so deeply and quickly with a woman after coming off Ashley's season and being away from his own real world for such a long time-bad judgement. It must play with a persons confidence and reasoning. IMO, he and Jackie had an instant connection that was obvious and must at the time, have seemed that it had alot of potential. Once back in the real world the rose colored glasses came off and Ames realized for whatever reason that it wouldn't work. Possibly, as stated already, he is being much more sensitive by NOT stating his reasons than blabbing them on national media. Unfortunately we don't know enough about either of these 2 people to understand all the issues or reasoning that lead to the breakup and it is unfair to lump it all on Ames. But, he did the dumping so he deserves to take the heat! I wish they would have worked out, on paper they match up perfectly and they sure look beautiful together as a couple... but that doesn't necessarily mean happily ever after!
    JunkieGirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

I like Ames, So far he is the only person I have liked on TB franchise. like being a fan of. His teeth showing. No big deal. Melissa Rycroft's always had her teeth showing and people loved it. The amount of teeth we saw from Melissa was much more than with Ames. So makes no difference when the teeth are white and looking good.

Ames is a studious kind of person. His brain moves and works quickly. Remember after his fighting in Thailand, he could not talk to Ashley because he could not think. Ames is deliberate, he has taken years to cultivate himself in discipline, comportment etc and is not likely to make a move without careful study. You could actually see him thinking when he went to rejoin the group (eg. do I stay with these people I do not know left in the house- who I do not know nor care about or do I leave now, Can I leave now - (yes Gia has left so I can), what about the 250,00 (maybe I will not win it after all after seeing the dynamics in the house). Why stay and make a fool of myself. I will leave early after all so why not leave now. Maybe when Jackie leaves, by the time we connect again things would be different, but this way we can continue and see where it goes). I'm off - BYE GUYS! Just a process that would have gone through my head and could be different but unlike most people on the show, some people are deliberate and think before doing anything. I know I do, and I see it in Ames.

I do not think Ames is a player, but after a number of hit and misses, he may have decided not to rush into any relationship because he has loved and it has been the wrong person for different reasons. With Ashley, the time factor played against him so on the back of that, like on a rebound, he tries to accelerate things as he has learned from his mistake that on this franchise, you move fast. Among the people on the show, maybe Jackie and Michelle were one of the sanest. It could have been Gia, but on coming in, Gia said her best friend in NY was in love with Ames. Not her but her best friend. Michelle and Graham quickly linked on the first day. The only sane person around was Jackie. So they hooked up.

Returning to NY, they have different lifestyles. Ames, possibly wants to fall in love and may have wanted to retract to the slow romance, but things had already reached the engagement stage which is way too fast for him. He barely knows Jackie. Also, after watching or listening to stuff on TB franchise and people, is he going to take Jackie to the club house and introduce her as his - what- that he met on TV and everyone saw the lewd nature of the show. Nah. Ames needs a clean start.

Now he will have the opportunity to date several women and get to know them before choosing a mate. Ames in California. I doubt it's to be TB. The money men are in the north east and California. He could be lining up new clients, or meeting with prospective clients for his firm. Being on tv as he has will not ruin his career. Going on tv again surely will. Ames I think is smart enough to know that. No spell check done as there is too much to go over.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

FORT Fogey

While watching Ames with Ashley on a date, I realized that he could be gay. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that people are what they appear to be: appearances can be deceiving. I did a search to see if anyone else agreed with me, and found there are a lot of people who do. I don't think that his and Jackie's kisses seemed passionate. Also, when he ran after Jackie's limo, it seemed like something that belongs in a movie.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 08-18-2011 at 11:56 PM.

FORT Fogey

i don't really think the ending with jackie was real. it seems all scripted. The producers may have given him money or something.
    besides, there are reports that they are no longer dating.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    i don't really think the ending with jackie was real. it seems all scripted. The producers may have given him money or something. besides, there are reports that they are no longer dating.
    The ending did look fake. Maybe the producers paid Ames to leave, so that Jake could stay, and the Jake/Vienna drama could continue. Ames and Jackie didn't date for long.

FORT Fogey

The ending might have been somewhat fake, but it got Ames out of a place and a situation where he clearly was a fish out of water....

I'm puzzled why anyone would think they could go on Bachelor Pad to find love... yet Ames said that was his reason. Sure enough, it seemed he actually did, and then it's unsurprising that it would unravel quickly. Something doesn't add up with him.

I sure would like to meet him so I could get some curiosities resolved.

At this point I don't have any desire to see Ames as bachelor. I don't think he's all that bright about what love is. He's so unique, so he's quite intriguing at first, and yet I don't see a lot of diversity in himself, so the show could get a little stale. It might be a whole lot of reciprocating statements, since he often just repeats back what a girl says to him. I think he's bored of himself sometimes and that's why he's always looking for somewhere new to have a non-boring experience.

I am really charmed by him though and I hope he finds true love. He seems to want it pretty bad.

FORT Fogey

I am also charmed by Ames - by his intelligence, his good manners, not to mention his looks. I think, however, that he is very naive and has no real idea of what true love is. He is like a little puppy emotionally. I suspect it will take him a few more years before he stops "falling in love" at the drop of a hat.

I think for him to be The Bachelor would be a disaster for him and the show. He would "fall in love" all over again, and it would not last. I still think he went on BP2 in innocence and got a shocking look at a type of behavior he has not run into before. He will chalk it all up to a learning experience if he is smart.
    fireflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I'm honestly not surprised and I know I'm not the only person who has experienced jumping into dating someone and then fairly quickly discovered that he was not the great match for me that I initially impulsively envisioned him to be. As you know, I think Rafa Nadal is the future love of my life but if we were to actually date for a few weeks, that might derail that notion (although hopefully not ). When you don't know someone or don't know them well, though, anything could easily head anywhere in the modern dating world despite having the best of intentions and idealistic notions from both parties at the onset. And where it ends up is not always mutual and it's not always easy to specifically define that incompatibility without really hurting someone's feelings that you're already breaking up with.
    chrisg, step away from Ben, you Rafael-Nadal-and-his-twin-lover you Thanks for your perspective on this one. Yes, my "old-fashioned approach" to dating involves thinking things through a bit more rather than diving in; like you, I too favor friendship first if I expect anything long-term to evolve. Despite that, emotions and attraction override the brain often and that recircuiting is often for the better We've all pulled an Ames-Jackie at one time or another and lived to write about it.

As for them, I wish nothing but the absolute best. Both are outstanding people, like you!

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    While watching Ames with Ashley on a date, I realized that he could be gay. Of course, it doesn't necessarily mean that people are what they appear to be: appearances can be deceiving. I did a search to see if anyone else agreed with me, and found there are a lot of people who do. I don't think that his and Jackie's kisses seemed passionate. Also, when he ran after Jackie's limo, it seemed like something that belongs in a movie.
    He set off my 'dar, too as do/did others from this franchise.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread