+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

FORT Regular

Re: Ames Brown BP2

He figures people like him, everyone saw his smile from ear to ear when everyone was applauding for him at Men Tell All. He probably thinks about being a Bachelor and it wouldn't be good if he was in a relationship right now. I bet if he isn't a Bachelor, he'll get back with Jackie.

FORT Fogey

The big question is, would Jackie take him back? He has done a real number on her emotions. He seems to "fall in love" at the drop of a hat. I wonder if he is capable of a real deep committment at this time in his life.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jassy27 View Post
    He figures people like him, everyone saw his smile from ear to ear when everyone was applauding for him at Men Tell All. He probably thinks about being a Bachelor and it wouldn't be good if he was in a relationship right now. I bet if he isn't a Bachelor, he'll get back with Jackie.
    In his interview with Wetpaint, he was asked if there was any possibility for him and Jackie to get back together, and he said probably not. He and Jackie were both in on the interview, so I doubt that she would be interested in getting back with him after he said that. It was quite apparent that Ames broke it off with Jackie, and he never would give a straight answer as to why.

Honestly, that interview left a terrible taste in my mouth of Ames. For as much as I can understand being swept-away only for reality to capsize you, his emotionless responses and even disregard for Jackie's feelings surprise me. Is he cold like Blake or Bentley? No. I'm just wondering about his emotional intelligence or emotional register when it comes to relationships.

Even in the interview, he seemed taken by Jackie but offered her no solace or comfort over her very apparent confusion.

Such a strange interview and outcome. I feel for Jackie.

Or maybe he finally watched the TWTA where she was really nasty to Michele. I can't see Ames liking that quality in a partner.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I thought the prolonged public nastiness of that WTA incident was fairly revealing as well. Sometimes once you really get to know people, they aren’t at all who you initially thought they were and there’s no Hallmark card way to express that disappointment.

And this is also precisely one of the reasons why I feel Ames should remain away from televised dating now that he’s out of it. People understandably want to see happy endings, but those are even less apt to be successfully negotiated when dealing with a more complex individual than the typical Bach participant. One who is even less likely to be paired off in superficial Noah’s Ark-like exercises and then float away happily ever after, but ultimately will necessitate that all the interpersonal, multi-layered puzzle pieces fit together synergistically – something which requires time and effort to fully determine.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay FoolishÖNow, letís go invent tomorrow.Ē Ė Steven Paul Jobs

chrisg, Ames remains a fascinating, articulate, and philosophical guy in my eyes. The situation with Jackie won't diminish the sparkling insights, affectionately termed Ames-isms, that he gave us during Ashley's season. Though it seems that Ames shouldn't be lumped into the category of the reality show contestants--whether he knew entirely the specifics of the shows or not--he is unfortunately a reality-show contestant, which opens him up to scrutiny and changed perceptions of him. He doesn't get special treatment simply due to his extraordinary intelligence and charm. Based on the fella we all loved and adored on Ashley's season, I expected more from him in terms of sensitivity towards Jackie. They didn't need to work out; we don't know the intimacies of their relationship; and perhaps, he was protecting her more by saying nothing. Her reaction to him though implied that he left her with little to go on after what seemed to be a rather grand gesture. From her comments, it also seemed like she was blind-sided. I assume that kind of reaction only comes when someone leads you to believe in a future. I'm just surprised.

He remains a truly endearing and unique guy, one whose aphorisms will last longer than any reality show star.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    That was so romantic last night... even despite Jackie's behavior on the WTA I was hoping that after that the rumors were wrong and they would work out... but not so, boo! 'Bachelor Pad's Ames Brown and Jackie Gordon break-up - Bachelor Pad News - TV - Digital Spy

I suppose it's selfish of me now to want Ames for the Bach.
    The more I think about it, the more I do NOT want him as the Bachelor.

To start, he's a bit of a one note show. A very sweet one, but still not much variation.

Second, when you get a guy that (a) is as romantic as he is, (b) able to fall for someone quickly like he does and (c) that draws positive responses from women like he does ... but has had as few long term relationships as he seesm to have had (or am I remembering that wrong?), then something much be holding him back, some subconscious reason that he does not want or cannot have a serious relationship. This whole episode with Jackie makes it sound that the problem is on his side, something more than a "just haven't met her yet" thing. I don't believe he is ready for marriage, and if he isn't ready for marriage, he shouldn't be the Bachelor.
    Columbia, MD likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DW_a_mom View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I do NOT want him as the Bachelor.

To start, he's a bit of a one note show. A very sweet one, but still not much variation.

Second, when you get a guy that (a) is as romantic as he is, (b) able to fall for someone quickly like he does and (c) that draws positive responses from women like he does ... but has had as few long term relationships as he seesm to have had (or am I remembering that wrong?), then something much be holding him back, some subconscious reason that he does not want or cannot have a serious relationship. This whole episode with Jackie makes it sound that the problem is on his side, something more than a "just haven't met her yet" thing. I don't believe he is ready for marriage, and if he isn't ready for marriage, he shouldn't be the Bachelor.
    That hasn't seemed to stop any of the previous Bachelors on this franchise. But I agree, I don't really want to see Ames as the new Bachelor. I'd like to remember him as he was on Ashley's season: charming, fascinating, and unsullied.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    chrisg, Ames remains a fascinating, articulate, and philosophical guy in my eyes. The situation with Jackie won't diminish the sparkling insights, affectionately termed Ames-isms, that he gave us during Ashley's season. Though it seems that Ames shouldn't be lumped into the category of the reality show contestants--whether he knew entirely the specifics of the shows or not--he is unfortunately a reality-show contestant, which opens him up to scrutiny and changed perceptions of him. He doesn't get special treatment simply due to his extraordinary intelligence and charm. Based on the fella we all loved and adored on Ashley's season, I expected more from him in terms of sensitivity towards Jackie. They didn't need to work out; we don't know the intimacies of their relationship; and perhaps, he was protecting her more by saying nothing. Her reaction to him though implied that he left her with little to go on after what seemed to be a rather grand gesture. From her comments, it also seemed like she was blind-sided. I assume that kind of reaction only comes when someone leads you to believe in a future. I'm just surprised.
    I'm honestly not surprised and I know I'm not the only person who has experienced jumping into dating someone and then fairly quickly discovered that he was not the great match for me that I initially impulsively envisioned him to be. As you know, I think Rafa Nadal is the future love of my life but if we were to actually date for a few weeks, that might derail that notion (although hopefully not ). When you don't know someone or don't know them well, though, anything could easily head anywhere in the modern dating world despite having the best of intentions and idealistic notions from both parties at the onset. And where it ends up is not always mutual and it's not always easy to specifically define that incompatibility without really hurting someone's feelings that you're already breaking up with.

I do believe that when that type of dating Oops occurs, it is more sensitive not to harp on it, particularly in public. I know Ames left Bach Pad to be with Jackie but that doesnít change the fundamental circumstance that they barely knew each other at the time and may have spent too much of the little time they initially had together hooking up in the courtyard rather than truly getting to know each other on a deeper level. And, since I didnít see Jackie protesting and suggesting they get to know each other better first, I donít see her as being led on. I do get that she didnít want to break up but thatís a reflection of the relationship shifting into an unrequited one which is unfortunate but happens without it being anyoneís fault.

Iíve found that relationships just often crash and burn quickly when two people donít take that time to get to know each other as friends first and learn who the other person is at the core and wants out of life prior to taking it to the next level. For that reason, I donít think Ames needs a pass or special treatment because I find it to be a commonplace no-fault or mutual-fault occurrence. And, it is - most likely - I think, the underlying why of why it didnít work between them which is what I was trying to say earlier. What he probably does need, though, is a better strategy in the future, which is why I mentioned specifically that I don't think the Bach formula is it -- since it pretty much defines prioritizing romantic relationships ahead of really getting to know someone, hence the high overall failure rate there, too.

And, with that, Iím going to take a page from Ames and at least figuratively leave Bach Pad. Since Ames and Jackie only dated for a few weeks, I think Iíve exhausted the topic as much as Iím able to with that novel. So Iím looking for my pair of red pants and then Iím heading outÖ
    Minney likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay FoolishÖNow, letís go invent tomorrow.Ē Ė Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread