+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

Re: Ames Brown BP2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I think the biggest perception obstacles for Ames with regard to the Bach franchise are that the world does not exist in a Bach friendly bubble and his participation in it will live on, through the Internet, forever. And the highly, highly conservative investment industry - specifically - is just not enamored of reality television participation to say the least. And that is the case regardless of whether anyone agrees with that consensus or not.

Hopefully Ames won’t suffer any career ramifications but I think ‘What was he thinking?’ is a very valid concern particularly when taken into account with the fact that Ames has spent over a decade academically preparing himself to go into a field that is uber reality TV-averse. It could be that that hard line in finance will shift in time. For Ames’ sake, I really hope so. And even though I swore I wouldn’t watch BP again, my resolve is weakening - and I’ll probably cave and watch tonight to see Ames - so maybe that hope is not in vain.
    I wonder if that type of career ramifications could be why we haven't seen or heard from Jeremy Anderson lately (from Deanna's season). I don't even know if he is on twitter anymore since I don't follow twitter, but I think that he took a lot of heat in the past for him defending Wes. Anyway, Jeremy is a lawyer, and I heard that he works for a very conservation law firm in Dallas. I don't think that Jeremy even attends any of the Bachelor reunions anymore.

I hope that Ames comes out of this unscathed since I don't think that he knew what he was getting himself into. He just seems like a duck out of water.

FORT Fogey

If nothing else, he made a very classy exit with Jackie, and she seemed surprised by his gesture. I hope they are still together; intellectual equals, for sure, and you could see the physical attraction. He is a super gentleman, and I sincerely hope this does not affect his career.
    jucamer likes this.

I feel bad for being happy when I heard they broke up. I just based my opinion of how Jackie treated Michelle at WTA. The little we saw of her on this show, it seems she's a nice, sincere person. I hope they are still together and happy. I shed a tear last night watching Ames running after that limo. If they are still together that Jackie is one lucky gal!

When I watched Jackie on the Bachelor, I liked her. She didn't seem phony like most on these shows.
    as far as her appearance on the MTA, I don't remember that much of it, but I do remember Jackie railing against Michelle Money. And, actually, it's kind of easy for me to see why anyone would have railed against Michelle Money, as she was pretty awful on the Bachelor, imo.
    Jackie seemed very sincere - or about as sincere as someone can seem on the BP!!- on this show. So, I also hope that she / Ames enjoy their time together. She seems mmore of a match for him than most of the females on these shows.
    NEPASue likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fan

That was so romantic last night... even despite Jackie's behavior on the WTA I was hoping that after that the rumors were wrong and they would work out... but not so, boo! 'Bachelor Pad's Ames Brown and Jackie Gordon break-up - Bachelor Pad News - TV - Digital Spy

I suppose it's selfish of me now to want Ames for the Bach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    That was so romantic last night... even despite Jackie's behavior on the WTA I was hoping that after that the rumors were wrong and they would work out... but not so, boo! 'Bachelor Pad's Ames Brown and Jackie Gordon break-up - Bachelor Pad News - TV - Digital Spy

I suppose it's selfish of me now to want Ames for the Bach.
    NO! he would be the reason I would tune in.I adore Ames, I just thought last night was very scripted. I also didn't like his red trousers, but other than that, I am glad, very glad, he's out of this tacky show. I didnt mind Jackie, I think I would be a better choice *grin*

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    NO! he would be the reason I would tune in.I adore Ames, I just thought last night was very scripted. I also didn't like his red trousers, but other than that, I am glad, very glad, he's out of this tacky show. I didnt mind Jackie, I think I would be a better choice *grin*
    Well he's apparently available... need some former sluthers to track him down so you can stalk.. I mean meet him
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

Oh those red pants! He is adorable, but his fashion sense - UGH! He wore them on the Bachelorette and I couldn't believe when I saw them again last night. Someone find him and burn those red pants!

Ames for the Bachelor - much as I love him (and I do), I don't want him for the Bachelor. I feel the same way about him that I felt about Kiptyn. He is a really nice, classy guy. I don't want Fleiss to get his mitts on him any more than he has. And think about the women that Fleiss would cast? No, no, I want much better for Ames than the Bachelor!
    Columbia, MD likes this.

Ames, Jackie, and Gia answered questions for a post-show teleconference today with WetPaint. Gotta say that I'm pretty disappointed in Ames from reading it. Throughout the interview, he's non-stop referencing the way that Jackie captivated him only to give very elusive and even curt replies about their ending. It seems it was his decision b/c they weren't an "ideal match." Fair enough but explain that to Jackie.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Here's another link about the Ames/Jackie break-up:

'Bachelor Pad': Jackie and Ames talk break-up | Inside TV | EW.com

+ Reply to Thread