+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Ames Brown BP2

Re: Ames Brown BP2

Sadly, I agree chrisg. There's nothing redeeming about this show... everybody just standing around scheming like they're on survivor or in the 1st-grade playground or something... Ames looked out of place. What's the point of this show?
    What on earth was going through his mind when he agreed to this -- do they get a good salary for being a contestant?

FORT Fogey

For Ames I don't think any money involved is what brought him to the show. He is a student of "humanity," so to speak, and I suspect he went on the show to explore a side of people he's never been exposed to before. Unfortunately, he is like a duck out of water altogether; he is the complete antithesis of people like Vienna, Jake, and some of the others on that show. I suspect he will chalk it up to experience and forget about it when his turn comes to leave.
    JunkieGirl and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    For Ames I don't think any money involved is what brought him to the show. He is a student of "humanity," so to speak, and I suspect he went on the show to explore a side of people he's never been exposed to before. Unfortunately, he is like a duck out of water altogether; he is the complete antithesis of people like Vienna, Jake, and some of the others on that show. I suspect he will chalk it up to experience and forget about it when his turn comes to leave.

Oh no Columbia - Ames' picture is a much better masterpiece than that Cezanne............

FORT Newbie

Could this be the audition platform for the next Bachelor? I suspect that there may be a few re-treads on BP2 that are "auditioning" for TB.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD View Post
    I agree 100%. He strikes me as someone open to new opportunities/experiences. I think they asked him to be on, he was just coming off the Bachelorette, so he said yes. There are plenty of crazies on this show. But just like Kiptyn before him, just because others are doing it doesn't mean you need to stoop yourself to their level. I think it is hilarious that he decided to do this show, but I don't think it impacts him negatively. And I am grateful to be able to have him on my TV a bit longer!

I think the biggest perception obstacles for Ames with regard to the Bach franchise are that the world does not exist in a Bach friendly bubble and his participation in it will live on, through the Internet, forever. And the highly, highly conservative investment industry - specifically - is just not enamored of reality television participation to say the least. And that is the case regardless of whether anyone agrees with that consensus or not.

Hopefully Ames won’t suffer any career ramifications but I think ‘What was he thinking?’ is a very valid concern particularly when taken into account with the fact that Ames has spent over a decade academically preparing himself to go into a field that is uber reality TV-averse. It could be that that hard line in finance will shift in time. For Ames’ sake, I really hope so. And even though I swore I wouldn’t watch BP again, my resolve is weakening - and I’ll probably cave and watch tonight to see Ames - so maybe that hope is not in vain.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Well, if nothing else, Ames made one of the greatest reality TV exits and I'm really glad I had the chance to watch it with everyone at FoRT.

I also just wanted to underscore that I think it's really cool to be supportive of Ames in any way -- my above concern is just with regard to the lens through which the investment community tends to perceive things and not everyone does or should see things through that lens.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I understand the concern. For a conservative profession, Ames has jumped outside the box. Not knowing whether he can continue to support himself while he pursues his interests, I do hope he hasn't burned any bridges. That said, what a refreshing young man.
    chrisg and Columbia, MD like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

In a way I was glad to see Ames get away from that crowd of people before they ate him up. He is a lovely young man and just does not belong with that bunch of back-stabbers. Wishing him love and luck.......
    jucamer and 1dog2kids like this.

For all the Ames lovers, all of the deleted scenes and extra videos from this week are about Ames/Jackie if not entirely than partially. The Obelisk one is my fave. Go to Hulu or the motherboard to watch.

Is everyone sure that they broke up? Natalie Getz responded to a tweet last night that they were in love...

+ Reply to Thread