+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: 2/3 The Bachelor 18: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/3 The Bachelor 18: Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh yeah, I can definitely see the eye contact thing being somewhat cultural; i.e., the man being more in control and the stronger of the two, as well as some sort of obedience thing. Maybe he was trying to maintain eye contact in order to be more convincing to Clare so that she would accept his reassurances that he wasn't blaming her and that he didn't want her to be upset. It still felt uncomfortable to watch, as if he was scolding a naughty child by trying to turn her head by her chin. It feels to me like JPab is trying very hard to be kind and attentive to all of the women (in a very condescending manner) in order to garner their attention and make himself more appealing to them. Too bad he has no game and is as boring as a bag of flour. He's always so awkward, IMO. When he grabbed Renee's face to kiss her in mid-sentence, even though she painted it afterwards as being swept off her feet, it just seemed very abrupt and inappropriate to me, as though he was just trying to shut her up. I dunno, maybe I'm being way too harsh and judgmental, but JPab just rubs me the wrong way.
    Photobabe and Midol like this.

FORT Regular

I finally got a chance to watch the entire show. I can't watch it until my daughter goes to bed. I let her watch the last show of the bachelorette and then all of the sudden she was talking about finding a boyfriend and dating more than one person. Oooops...bad mom day! :Cyclops I thought it was wrong of JP to invite clare back to his pool and then turn around and make her feel bad about the whole ocean thing. Like many of you said, it's not so much that he regretted it, that was ok, but he should have handled the conversation much better. I did feel like he was talking to a kid. And, this blaming things on Camilla. What is that? I definitely think Clare is in the bachelor bubble. I was also surprised about the awkwardness. Do these people talk? It's like he walks into a room and has nothing to say. Oh well, I told myself I was going to stay away and not watch this season since I wasn't a big fan of his, but of course, there is nothing on at 9 on Mondays so I get drawn in again!!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I was speaking about the eye contact, and how he speaks to women, not the ocean frolick. In that case, he was just being a man LOL

I don't think his back pedaling had anything to do with him worrying about his image. He had time to reflect on what he had done and felt badly for his choice. I still don't see him blaming Clare, as he said *we* many times. I don't feel badly for Clare at all. She is the one that initiated it and then gloated about it later.
    She did, I agree- but maybe when she gave herself to him, it was her understanding, or misunderstanding, that he cared for her. Like taking her, and only her to his suite- of course that could be cultural thing

I think I need to start in on the drinking games with you guys on Monday nights - maybe I'll see it differently then LOL.
    Mesa yes, please do. I am MIA next week, please post for me .I will be drinking, so you can skip that part if you like..
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-06-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She did, I agree- but maybe when she gave herself to him, it was her understanding, or misunderstanding, that he cared for her. Like taking her, and only her to his suite- of course that could be cultural thing

Mesa yes, please do. I am MIA next week, please post for me .I will be drinking, so you can skip that part if you like..
    She threw herself at him is more like it lol.

I hope you are taping the show next week so you can chime in later! I will drink a toast to the snark on Monday night
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    Oh yeah, I can definitely see the eye contact thing being somewhat cultural; i.e., the man being more in control and the stronger of the two, as well as some sort of obedience thing. Maybe he was trying to maintain eye contact in order to be more convincing to Clare so that she would accept his reassurances that he wasn't blaming her and that he didn't want her to be upset. It still felt uncomfortable to watch, as if he was scolding a naughty child by trying to turn her head by her chin. It feels to me like JPab is trying very hard to be kind and attentive to all of the women (in a very condescending manner) in order to garner their attention and make himself more appealing to them. Too bad he has no game and is as boring as a bag of flour. He's always so awkward, IMO. When he grabbed Renee's face to kiss her in mid-sentence, even though she painted it afterwards as being swept off her feet, it just seemed very abrupt and inappropriate to me, as though he was just trying to shut her up. I dunno, maybe I'm being way too harsh and judgmental, but JPab just rubs me the wrong way.
    I see what you are saying, but I still say its a cultural thing

When he pulled Renee in for a kiss... now lets be honest here... that is shown happening in romantic movies all the time, and it's considered just that, romantic. Why is it different now? I thought it was cute!
    tapper01 and ilja like this.

She threw herself at him is more like it lol.

I hope you are taping the show next week so you can chime in later! I will drink a toast to the snark on Monday night
    He fought her off didn't he? umm that's right he did not. Yes I will record it, I will so miss the snark if I see it at the resort..LOL

When he pulled Renee in for a kiss... now lets be honest here... that is shown happening in romantic movies all the time, and it's considered just that, romantic. Why is it different now? I thought it was cute!
    I didnt see it as romantic at all, he was treating her like a leper because she had a child, but it didn't matter that his child wasnt a concern, oh but wait, she is. I mean was. Mesa his is phoney baloney

Renee's face to kiss her in mid-sentence, even though she painted it afterwards as being swept off her feet, it just seemed very abrupt and inappropriate to me, as though he was just trying to shut her up. I dunno, maybe I'm being way too harsh and judgmental, but JPab just rubs me the wrong way.
    Don't forget the sweeping nauseating music when he kissed her.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-06-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

No he didn't fight her off, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she threw herself at him, on him, etc LOL

Where are you going Ms. Resort Lady??

No he didn't fight her off, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she threw herself at him, on him, etc LOL

Where are you going Ms. Resort Lady??
    Well he lead her on, did he not .I could have sworn he took her to his room, and only her. I think he threw himself at her, neither seemed to mind

Mexico is where we are going..Cancun.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Nice! Have fun!! Have a Corona or Margarita for me (maybe 2!)
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

People clamor for someone with diversity as the lead, and then give them no benefit regarding the fact that their cultural diversity might be different from the *white-bread* that we are used to. SMH
    Good point. Then again, us TV viewers are never happy with anything, ever. LOL

I think it would have been better to not include "we" in that discussion. If he had taken ownership that HE felt bad for singling her out for special alone time and that HE was being unfair to the other women, it would have gone over better than it did. Including Clare in HIS bad decision is also placing some of the blame on to her.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread