+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: 1/13 The Bachelor 18: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/13 The Bachelor 18: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Turns out he's not homophobic. His comments were taken out of context and he didn't translate into English what he was really trying to say. He says one of his best mates is gay. Who knows. I seriously doubt he would have intentionally said in an interview that he didn't think gays should be a lead on The Bachelor because they are perverted. Now if it was an interview with Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty, yeah I'd believe that... lol
    Florimel and NEPASue like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Turns out he's not homophobic. His comments were taken out of context and he didn't translate into English what he was really trying to say. He says one of his best mates is gay. Who knows. I seriously doubt he would have intentionally said in an interview that he didn't think gays should be a lead on The Bachelor because they are perverted. Now if it was an interview with Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty, yeah I'd believe that... lol
    Well, you can give him the benefit of the doubt, me, nope- not going to do that. Not good J'pab, child support loser and bigot
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm taking issue with the assumption that Catholics are homophobic.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Just saw the headline on Drudge. I haven't watched any of this season because I don't believe people with kids should be on this show. It's hard enough for two single, relatively unencumbered people to forge a lasting relationship from this show. Throw kids, exes, and ex-inlaws into the mix, and the odds go down.

I wasn't as enamored of Juan Pablo as a lot of people, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because of possible language issues.

Ah yes, the old "I have a gay friend" thing. Sorry, sounds like PR b.s. to me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Or it could be the truth.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

OR, it could be all a bunch of crap. I've just seen too many of these little "scandals" to believe it. He didn't understand the question. He was mis-quoted. It's all the same. It happens all the time. Someone says something totally horrid and then the PR folks step in and try to clean it up. I'm sure the folks over at ABC are scrambling right now and doing whatever they can to salvage this, considering how much they've invested in this show and this franchise AND how early it is in the season. I'm sure they'll roll out Chris Harrison to talk about what a great guy JP is.
    Midol likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I heard the whole interview played on TV, and there was nothing taken out of context. He clearly understood what he was being asked, and he clearly gave his opinion. There was no matter of "translation into English," but I'm sure that how Chris H and the producers will spin it.

No, ABC is distancing themselves from the interview with a disclaimer; they are not spinning it. JPab is left flapping in the wind.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread