+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Andi - The Bachelor 18

Re: Andi - The Bachelor 18

I don't think anyone does this show for love anymore. I seriously think, with a few exceptions, the people who do it are mainly doing it as an audition to be the lead in the next go-round! Andi is probably no different. Realistically assistant prosecutors don't make that much money, compared to say, someone in private practice.

I think it would be good to have someone well-rounded as the next bachelorette and Andi fits the bill, as does the opera singer. Whatever happened to having a lead with a good career who would be considered somewhat of a "catch" to use an old-fashioned term? An attractive attorney would fit the bill! In the past leads have been a doctor, pilot, cosmetic company heir, dentist, etc. The leads with the iffy careers are just not so exciting and don't seem like a huge "prize." I mean really, why would people want to compete for them? I don't want to come across as shallow, but what is the big excitement about landing a retired soccer player (unless it's Beckham, but he's taken). And Des worked at a bridal shop? Jason and Emily - I don't even remember what they did, they were just billed as single parents.

I think this show has been floundering because the leads may be nice and they may be attractive, but they are missing the "total package" factor that comes with education and success. Perhaps they included Andi and the opera singer to up the quality a bit; I wouldn't even be surprised if these two were paid significant money to compete.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

I never thought about them being paid, but yes, Andi would be a terrific bachelorette if she isn't the F1. I am not so sure about the opera singer, because I haven't seen much of her. I like Andi's personality. I just need to see more of them both.

I don't think anyone does this show for love anymore. I seriously think, with a few exceptions, the people who do it are mainly doing it as an audition to be the lead in the next go-round! Andi is probably no different. Realistically assistant prosecutors don't make that much money, compared to say, someone in private practice.
    I agree KatesMom
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    I think it would be good to have someone well-rounded as the next bachelorette and Andi fits the bill, as does the opera singer. Whatever happened to having a lead with a good career who would be considered somewhat of a "catch" to use an old-fashioned term? An attractive attorney would fit the bill! In the past leads have been a doctor, pilot, cosmetic company heir, dentist, etc. The leads with the iffy careers are just not so exciting and don't seem like a huge "prize." I mean really, why would people want to compete for them? I don't want to come across as shallow, but what is the big excitement about landing a retired soccer player (unless it's Beckham, but he's taken). And Des worked at a bridal shop? Jason and Emily - I don't even remember what they did, they were just billed as single parents.

I think this show has been floundering because the leads may be nice and they may be attractive, but they are missing the "total package" factor that comes with education and success. Perhaps they included Andi and the opera singer to up the quality a bit; I wouldn't even be surprised if these two were paid significant money to compete.
    Fleiss doesn't care about making a love match - Fleiss cares about drama. Serious people with serious careers do not give him drama. 23 year old waitresses or dog walkers who drink to much do!! (No offense to any waitresses or dog walkers here)!
    JunkieGirl likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

KatesMom since you are also a lawyer I hoped that you would weigh in on the topic of Andi "appearing" nude for the photo shoot. She didn't actually pose nude as she wore underwear and tube top, but do you think that this could affect her career? And isn't she a federal prosecutor? It just seems like a dumb thing to do for someone who has worked very hard to get where she is.

Maybe nudity isn't such a bad thing, since she seems to be getting more publicity for 'dumbing herself' down. Which seems so ludicrous, it's hard to type this with a straight face.
    mesachick and KatesMom like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Glad to find out she had flesh-colored garments on (although I doubt Lucy did! ).
    RIP Becky, 5/14/93 - 3/16/13 Sebastian (b.1996) 4/10/10 - 2/16/14

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue View Post
    Glad to find out she had flesh-colored garments on (although I doubt Lucy did! ).
    Lucy was showing her breasts, that's the photo I saw. Her hair was over them I guess to be a mom to little Camille you have to take your clothes off and pose with a dog
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    KatesMom since you are also a lawyer I hoped that you would weigh in on the topic of Andi "appearing" nude for the photo shoot. She didn't actually pose nude as she wore underwear and tube top, but do you think that this could affect her career? And isn't she a federal prosecutor? It just seems like a dumb thing to do for someone who has worked very hard to get where she is.

Maybe nudity isn't such a bad thing, since she seems to be getting more publicity for 'dumbing herself' down. Which seems so ludicrous, it's hard to type this with a straight face.
    Well, I actually have kind of a funny story there! About 10 years ago I went on vacation with a bunch of friends in the Bahamas. While there, I was selected for an O Magazine photo shoot! One of these "you look terrible in your bathing suit and we can choose one that makes you look tons better" shoots. I was wearing a one piece - both the before and the after. Totally separate comment about the amount of photoshopping they did in the "after" picture! About 2 years after that, I was doing a deal and the lawyer on the other side (a man) asked me if I had ever appeared in O Magazine! Yeah, I was mortified because that meant he had seen me in my bathing suit! And I am expecting him to take me seriously during negotiations!

So, will it affect her job? I guess that depends on any policies or standards that may be in place with her employer. Will it affect her career? That's a different question and I would say yes. Not in the technical sense but as others have said, she's going to be in court, mainly with other men, who can find clips of that out there on the internet. It is definitely not something I would have done. I'm mortified enough about the bathing suit shoot - which for the record all my attorney friends actually think is really cool!
    NEPASue and Cornholio like this.

I think it's all in how she handles it. If she gets any snide comments, I'd just say... I did it for a good cause. What's the last thing you've done that may have been a bit uncomfortable but that's benefiting someone other than yourself? And walk away with my head held very high.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Andi has seen this show before, so she must be well aware of how ridiculous it can get with the cat fights, the drama, etc. Sure you can try to be the calm sensible one, but if you are expecting to maintain a level of professionalism as a federal assistant DA that will propel you to bigger and better jobs, you don't go on the Bachelor in the first place. I don't think posing for a charity calendar as she did, with a lot of skin showing, trumps the fact that she's on the show to begin with, at least as far as her job is concerned. Sure, it adds icing on the cake () but personally I don't really think she's trying to put herself on the fast track with her career. If she were, she wouldn't be on The Bachelor.
    Midol likes this.
    Valar Morghulis

+ Reply to Thread