+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Sharleen - The Bachelor 18

Re: Sharleen - The Bachelor 18

I heard she was out of a job and her family is trying to convince her to just take a job, any job even if it isn't singing Opera since those jobs are hard to find.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I heard she was out of a job and her family is trying to convince her to just take a job, any job even if it isn't singing Opera since those jobs are hard to find.
    Yep, that's exactly why I said right from the beginning that she took this show for the purpose of standing out at auditions. Even the best opera singers, which I'm not convinced that she is, need personality to help them stand out. She was just flat, and I don't mean her singing. As an example, we can remember Beverly Sills or Katharine Jenkins from Dancing With the Stars or any of Three Tenors, and many others I could mention.
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

^According to her website she's performing at The Metropolitan Opera in April. So while she may have done it to help stand out, I don't think she's hurting for work all that much.
    Midol likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

One gig does not a career make

I wish her the best though for sure!
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    ^According to her website she's performing at The Metropolitan Opera in April. So while she may have done it to help stand out, I don't think she's hurting for work all that much.
    Wasnt she in Germany before this dreck? she has a wonderful voice.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Baby's Breath likes this.

Any snippets you can share? I don't know if I can commit to 30 minutes!
    NEPASue likes this.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Any snippets you can share? I don't know if I can commit to 30 minutes!
    I cant believe that I actually watched the whole thing, but I liked Sharleen and was interested to hear what she had to say. Here are a few things that stood out.

- She doesn't think JP is a homophobe. During their Seoul date, one of the first things she talked to him about was where he stands on marriage equality and his overall attitude toward gays, because for her if a guy is homophobic, it's a deal-breaker. She said one of the two production assistants that were assigned to him was gay, and he was very comfortable and close with that guy.

- She said that she and JP had a lot of good conversations on their longer dates, and she doesn't know why the producers chose to make it look like they didn't have anything to talk about and only spent their time kissing.

- She said that she was willing to stay with the show as long as she could do so and be honest. That's why she left before the hometown dates, because there was no way that she could take him home and act as if she was considering marrying him.

- She said that when she told JP she wanted to leave, he actually did try to get her to stay, and she doesn't know why they didn't show that. When he didn't want her to leave, she realized maybe he liked her more than she thought he did, which made it even more important to go and to not lead him on.

- She was team Nikki all the way. She really liked Nikki and said that she was very straightforward and genuine and not the type to say one thing to your face and another behind your back. The interviewer asked if that was "as opposed to Clare," and Sharleen said, "No comment."

- The interviewer asked if she'd ever want to be the bachelorette, and she said that she'd be interested if they'd let her do the show her way, but it would be so different that it wouldn't be the formula anymore. For one thing, the guys she'd want to have on wouldn't be jock types. (And this wasn't said as a slam on JP.)

- She said that she got along with the other women, and she's not quite sure why they made it look like she was the odd duck and didn't quite fit in.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

To the Point

She came across extremely well in this interview. I was one who really liked her at first and then found myself not being such a fan. I have once again found that I like her. The WTA, ATR and this interview reeled me back in.

Thank you Miss Griss for posting all of that information. What a shock! Just kidding. Actually, I'm not really surprised at all.

I would like to see her as a Bachelorette.
    sweetpea, Cornholio, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread