+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo's Blog

Re: Juan Pablo's Blog

"I like being sneaky" Way to go JP. Sneaky is on the top of every girls list as a good attribute in a husband. Don't all females just melt at the sight of a sneaky man?

What a looser.
    Arielflies and Midol like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    "I like being sneaky" Way to go JP. Sneaky is on the top of every girls list as a good attribute in a husband. Don't all females just melt at the sight of a sneaky man?

What a looser.
    Yup, and the way he talks, something really irritates me. I grew to like Sean, this guy is lousy as the so called lead...
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: Romance and Tough Goodbyes in New Zealand - Celebrity Blog, The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis : People.com

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: Romance and Tough Goodbyes in New Zealand

By Juan Pablo Galavis

02/11/2014 at 11:40 AM EST

After a long day of traveling, I finally got to New Zealand! I have to say, it is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited. Lake Taupo is on the north island of New Zealand and in the countryside. I absolutely fell in love with it.

Andi's Date

Out of all mis niñas, Andi was the only one who had not had a one-on-one date yet. So, it was time for me to see what our connection was like. I knew that she had her doubts about the adventure and was desperate for a one-on-one date, but I was saving a great place for both of us and let me tell you, it was definitely worth the wait.

My date was in this place called The Squeeze – and you have to literally squeeze around each other to walk through it. She was excited but also a little anxious because she had no idea what we were doing. At some points, the rocks made the space so small that I thought my body wouldn't fit and I wasn't gonna make it through.

It was freezing cold that day, but the water was hot, so Andi and I stayed in the water to keep warm – and honestly, we made it a little warmer.

The boat ride on the River Jet was out of control. The driver maneuvered the boat so that it was right up next to the rocks and trees. On our ride back, it started to rain, so Andi and I had to wrap ourselves in a towel. It was a very fun experience.

Dinner that night was at the Pohutu, the largest active geyser in the Southern hemisphere – one of the best attractions in Rotorua. It's like being on a different planet. I made a toast (did you see my face having that sip?) and you can tell how much I hated that Champagne taste, jajaja.

It was such a relaxing and romantic night and then the geyser started to erupt. It was so windy that we started to get wet. This actually made my date better because I got to see Andi reacting to something natural, something that we cannot control, and she handled it so well.

After I gave Andi the rose, I wanted to give her another surprise. She has never tried Nutella and it's my favorite. So, I found some in New Zealand and I gave her a little bit – too bad you were not able to see how she ate it, because it was pretty good.

Group Date

New Zealand is known for extreme sports, so for the group date, I wanted to do something that none of us had done before. Before that, though, I wanted to have a picnic with the girls on the mountains.

We played a little bit of rugby and it was all of the girls against me. They could not catch me. It was hilarious. And while I was trying to do my interviews, a bunch of cows decided to come close and were very noisy, so it took me forever to do them.

After I got to spend some time with the girls enjoying the scenery, it was time to try the OGO – a big inflatable ball that you get inside. There were two courses, the first one was a straight line down the hill and the other one was a zigzag pattern. I jumped into the first OGO with Kat and it was so fast, it felt like water sliding. Renee was so excited. She kept telling me she wished Ben was there to do it with her, and that was so cute because I also was thinking about Camila doing it.

I went down the hill with each of the girls, making sure that all of them had a little bit of time with me and we could hit each other inside the OGO. Going on the zigzag with Cassandra, I could not stop laughing, and she was laughing the entire way down. It was very cold and I was glad that we had a hot Jacuzzi at the bottom of the hill.

For the after party, I took the girls to Hobbiton, the little town where the movies The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed. I started thinking about my brother Rodrigo, because he works in the film industry and is a big fan of the movies. I knew he would have loved to be there with me. I made a video for him with the girls that I will be posting pretty soon.

I had a great time with all of the girls at Hobbiton even though you didn't get to see all of my conversations. I knew Sharleen had doubts about being here and how I felt about her, so I decided to give her a little reassurance by giving her the rose.

I give the roses depending on whom I think needs the confidence more. I want that person to feel comfortable coming into the rose ceremony and for next week's trip.

Saying Goodbye to Cassandra

Once I found out that Cassandra and Renee had their "mommy moment," I knew how much Cassandra was missing her son. I also realized that my connection with Cassandra wasn't as strong as with the other girls. So, I decided it was better to let her go so she can be with her son as soon as possible, as opposed to waiting two more days until the rose ceremony.

I always thought of Cassandra and Renee as my special ones and I respect them a lot for taking the time away from their sons to get to know me. Even though Cassandra is a mom, I wasn't as concerned about kissing her as I was about Renee because her son, Trey, is only 2 years old.

With Renee, Ben is 8 and she told me weeks ago how hurt he was when she broke up with her last boyfriend, whom Ben got very attached to. I didn't ever want to make Ben feel uncomfortable or disappointed in his mom.

Sending Cassandra home that night was very hard. When I got back to the girls I told them that she is a wonderful woman and deserves a great guy, but that I wasn't the right guy for her. The other girls then told me that night was her birthday, and I almost died. I was devastated, and at first I thought, "What a birthday present I just gave Cassandra!" I felt horrible.

After thinking about it longer, I realized that it was better to be honest with her and that she would now get to spend her birthday at home with her son. That made me feel better.

Clare's Date

At this point in my adventure, all of the women already had a one-on-one date so it was time start having second dates. I took Clare on my last date in New Zealand because I was still concerned about how she felt about last week's cocktail party in Vietnam. I knew she felt guilty, and even though I told her it was my fault for not saying "No" when she knocked on my door, I wanted to explain my side to her.

We had a great picnic and we talked for hours about what had happened in Vietnam. We both understood each other's different ways of thinking and respected both points. That's what relationships are all about, respecting and understanding each other and getting to know one another better. That felt really good.

For dinner that night, I took Clare to my suite – I didn't have another place to take her with all of the crazy weather. I also just wanted to have dinner and relax with her. I'm the kind of guy that doesn't need a fancy date, and hanging out with Clare on the couch and just talking was great. She made fun of my Hammer pants (I wear them every time we travel) and I asked her if she wanted to get comfortable and we did. I gave her a pair of my Hammer pants to chill on the couch.

It was an amazing week in New Zealand, and the rose ceremony cocktail party was so good – the house and the river were out of control. Although it was so pretty there, it made it even harder to say goodbye to Kat. She is sweet, caring and very mature, but I unfortunately didn't see enough of it.

I can't believe I'm down to only six women. I think so highly of each of them, so I decided it was time to get back to America and enjoy my "hometown," Miami.

I can't wait for you to see what I have in store for next week. Miami is gonna be great, and I get to see mi chiquiturri, Camila. For all of those Latinos reading, Romeo Santos will sing a private concert and I will have to show off my Bachata moves.

Gracias por leerme y espero les haya gustado. Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you liked it.

Besitos! Kisses,
    Juan Pablo Galavis
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: Romance and Tough Goodbyes in New Zealand

By Juan Pablo Galavis

02/11/2014 at 11:40 AM EST

After a long day of traveling, I finally got to New Zealand! I have to say, it is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever visited. Lake Taupo is on the north island of New Zealand and in the countryside. I absolutely fell in love with it.

Andi's Date

Out of all mis niñas, Andi was the only one who had not had a one-on-one date yet. So, it was time for me to see what our connection was like. I knew that she had her doubts about the adventure and was desperate for a one-on-one date, but I was saving a great place for both of us and let me tell you, it was definitely worth the wait.

My date was in this place called The Squeeze – and you have to literally squeeze around each other to walk through it. She was excited but also a little anxious because she had no idea what we were doing. At some points, the rocks made the space so small that I thought my body wouldn't fit and I wasn't gonna make it through.

It was freezing cold that day, but the water was hot, so Andi and I stayed in the water to keep warm – and honestly, we made it a little warmer.

Saying Goodbye to Cassandra

Once I found out that Cassandra and Renee had their "mommy moment," I knew how much Cassandra was missing her son. I also realized that my connection with Cassandra wasn't as strong as with the other girls. So, I decided it was better to let her go so she can be with her son as soon as possible, as opposed to waiting two more days until the rose ceremony.

I always thought of Cassandra and Renee as my special ones and I respect them a lot for taking the time away from their sons to get to know me. Even though Cassandra is a mom, I wasn't as concerned about kissing her as I was about Renee because her son, Trey, is only 2 years old.

With Renee, Ben is 8 and she told me weeks ago how hurt he was when she broke up with her last boyfriend, whom Ben got very attached to. I didn't ever want to make Ben feel uncomfortable or disappointed in his mom.

Sending Cassandra home that night was very hard. When I got back to the girls I told them that she is a wonderful woman and deserves a great guy, but that I wasn't the right guy for her. The other girls then told me that night was her birthday, and I almost died. I was devastated, and at first I thought, "What a birthday present I just gave Cassandra!" I felt horrible.

After thinking about it longer, I realized that it was better to be honest with her and that she would now get to spend her birthday at home with her son. That made me feel better.

I cut a lot out of the blog but there were a few things that bugged me and just wanted to focus on those.

1. I sincerely doubt she was desperate but he thinks he is all that.

2. MY date...It's all about him. It wasn't just his date but this is how he sees things.

3. They made it warmer....What about that good example you like to set for Camilla JPab?

4. What a load of bull about sending Cass home ASAP. If that was true, he would have sent her home the first time he spoke to her right after he spoke to Renee. (This could be edited to seem this way...he spoke to Cass first, then Renee and then Cass after giving out the group date rose, but there is a reason it was left in the edit.)

5. How could she spend her birthday with her son when it was her birthday that day? I takes a while to get back to LA...CH explained how hard it was to get there in his blog.

6. It made him feel better. Again with the selfish baloney. Ugh!!!

He is just annoying me more and more....his condescension and talking to the women as if he is talking to a child when it is clear that he is the one that understands squat!

I know I didn't originally want him because I thought the language thing would make for difficulties (which it has), but I had no idea he would be this much of a douche. I thought he might be difficult to understand and I didn't find him all that, but I didn't think he would turn me off so much. I should know by now to go with my instincts!!!
    Last edited by Midol; 02-11-2014 at 02:28 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

1) She was acting desperate.
    2) He's the lead - of course it is about him. He also talks about how he worries about the ladies.
    3) I doubt Camilla would be able to pick up such a subtle nuance like that lol.
    4) That was obviously producer driven as to when he would send her home. At least he did before the rose ceremony.
    5) Nit picking a bit here it seems. I understood what he meant. And with the time change involved she just may have been able to spend her birthday with her son.
    6) Again - he's the lead, the narrator. All the leads have spoken about themselves and how they felt during their journey. Why should it be any different for Juan Pablo?
    ilja and sparklete like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

When he said that they "made it warmer" .. I just assumed that they peed in the lagoon.... (When we were at the beach and my Uncle said he was "Going to make the bay warmer" .. you knew to stay out of the water!)
    NEPASue and mesachick like this.
    Wasting away another summer...

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: Sharleen 'Has All My Respect' - Celebrity Blog, The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis : People.com

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: Sharleen 'Has All My Respect'

By Juan Pablo Galavis

02/18/2014 at 12:55 PM EST

It's hard not to begin this blog talking about my country, Venezuela, but I'm glad that I can write every week, that I can say whatever I want and express my feelings and thoughts.

This has been a very difficult week for me. I thought I was only going to have to worry about what to get Camila for her birthday and what decorations to get for her Frozen party. However, the students in Venezuela decided to take to the streets to march for peace and ended up clashing violently with police. Seeing my country suffer and only being able to help by posting videos and comments on social media makes me very sad, but there is nothing else I can do right now. I feel helpless.

Back to Miami, what I now call my hometown ...

I was anticipating this trip because it's really time for me to start making crucial decisions about moving forward. I needed to figure out not only which women I would have to send home, but also which families I wanted to meet. Although that was weighing on my mind, I was the most excited about seeing mi bebe (my baby) and my family. Seeing Camila, my parents and my cousin, Rodolfo, was great. I talk to Rodolfo everyday and we had so much to talk about after six weeks away.

Yacht Time with Sharleen

With two one-on-one dates and a group date, I definitely wanted to clear my doubts about Sharleen. During all of the conversations that we've had, (sorry you guys didn't get to see 90 percent of them) I knew she was having a very hard time in this process.

I gave Sharleen the first one-on-one, a yacht ride where we had plenty of time to talk and to figure out where my feelings were towards her and vice versa. During the day, we paddle boarded from the yacht to a small island, but I'm glad you didn't get to see that! My paddle boarding skills are terrible! It was my first time doing it and as I am a heavy gordtito (fatty). I fell off my board in the first 20 seconds. Sharleen was a pro. My whole date with her was very smooth so I didn't have many concerns, because when we were together, everything seemed perfect.

Surprise for Nikki

For my second date I needed to bring somebody who I felt a strong connection with and who would appreciate my surprise of meeting Camila. The reason I decided to take Nikki was because she has been making me feel more and more comfortable since Vietnam.

We met each other down at the beach and spent an hour talking alongside the boardwalk. It was so hot that I'm glad you didn't see us sweating our butts off. After we talked, I took Nikki to cool off at a flower shop where we got to spend some quality time and pick flowers for Camila. I gave Nikki a sunflower, the flower I like to give the most (another thing you didn't see!).

The reaction when I told her we were going to the recital was priceless. She was excited and a little bit nervous. Mi bebe dancing and singing killed me. My favorite part was when she pointed at me. I'm going to post the video that I recorded soon so you see her face.

Nikki got to meet Camila for a few minutes as well as my dad, mom, aunt and carla. After the recital, I took her to eat Venezuelan food, which I always do after a dance recital. We said goodbye to the family and just the two of us went to eat. She loved tequeños (my favorite bite) and the arepa with carne mechada (shredded beef).

During the ride from the flower store to the recital, she told me she used to play softball when she was younger. She also told me that she liked a Venezuelan hat that I gave to one of the producers during my time on The Bachelorette. To me, all of that was such a coincidence because I was going to take her to Marlins Park and I had a hat for her.

Marlins Park is what I call my office in Miami, because I work for the Venezuelan Museum of Baseball and Hall of Fame. My job is to go to all the MLB stadiums and to talk to and collect articles from all the Venezuelan players in the big leagues and those Americans that played in Venezuela.

We had the stadium to ourselves and it was so quiet and relaxing. We had an absolute blast. While in New Zealand I pulled a muscle in my leg while I was working out and forgot about it when I was at the stadium because I was so excited to be there. While we were there I decided to steal second base. I ran to the base and kind of felt the pain again. We had two gloves, a few balls and a bat – and, well, guess what, I have always wanted to hit a ball on a MLB baseball field. That night I was going to get that off my bucket list. Nikki pitched and I swung the bat pretty hard. I don't remember how far the ball went, because my leg killed me. This time the muscle was really pulled. The nurse tried taking care of me but I needed to go get an ultrasound for sure. We relaxed after that and ended a great date with Nikki the nurse.

Sharleen Says Goodbye

Late that night, someone knocked on my door and it was Sharleen. When I saw her at the door my first thought was "she is gone" and I was right. It was very hard for her to talk to me and she felt terrible telling me that she didn't think I was the man of her life. She has all my respect. She has been the most honest, realistic and mature of all the women. She was struggling and she let me know every time we talked about how hard it was for her. I loved listening to the words she used and we had a great time talking about anything and everything. Unfortunately you were only able to see a little bit of Sharleen and I understand the way people might judge her. But remember – you judge by what you see on TV and not everything makes it to the screen.

I was very sad but I was prepared because of her struggles over the weeks. She was going to have a hometown date and things maybe would of changed after that. In this situation, a single word can change my way of seeing or thinking about someone and that's the reason I took everybody and everything they say so seriously. I'm glad she put her life on hold to come see if we could have a future together, because I met a great woman. Like I said – I'd rather not be appreciated and be honest, than be appreciated and not being honest.

My last date in Miami was a fun one. I enjoyed spending time with Renee, Clare, Andi and Chelsie. The plane ride was fabulous. All of the girls enjoyed it but Andi was very scared. We landed at a private beach and since I had one rose to give, I wanted to spend quality time with the women. I had a blast with Chelsie. Her family sent her like 25 letters to read throughout the adventure and sadly you only got to see two of them. They were so great. I laughed listening to all those letters. Chelsie has such a loving and fun family.

When I was talking to Andi, she was very nervous about everything and how she is always in control and in this situation she feels lost. She broke down and I tried to make her feel comfortable. Since week two, Andi has been one of my favorites and that's the reason I gave her the rose. It was a hard decision, but I knew she needed that extra confidence boost. It was hard to see the girls leave halfway through the date.

Another Surprise

That night, Andi and I walked around South Beach, ate some Latin food and waited for a long time in CVS while my surprise was getting ready. That surprise was also for me, because I had no idea who was playing the concert. I was very surprised with the choice of Romeo Santos, one of the biggest singer/songwriters in the Latin industry right now.

Dancing with Andi was so funny! She told me she was a horrible dancer but she picked it up pretty quickly. Andi was a little stiff, but she had the will to learn. Seeing her so happy made me smile all night.

The rose ceremony was terrible. Sending Chelsie home broke my heart because she is fantastic and full of life and good vibes. Our connection faded over the weeks. I know she will be a great friend for years.

Hometowns are coming next week. I can't wait to go and visit Sacramento, Sarasota, Kansas City and Atlanta. I love meeting people and this will be even more special because of where I will be meeting the families of four amazing woman.

For everyone who makes comments on my social media, I really appreciate your honesty. For the positive ones, thanks for always supporting and seeing the best. For the negative ones, thanks for giving me a different point of view, which I respect. For both points of view, I want to thank you for being there at all times and having opinions about someone that you watch every Monday night. In the past three weeks, I felt exactly like when I played soccer – everyone on the stands had their opinions while the ones sweating and playing the game were loved or hated. The only answer I always had for them was the same one: here are my cleats, let me know if you want to borrow them for a bit so I can see you play from the stands.

It feels great letting you know my thoughts, concerns and why I make my decisions. I'm going to make sure, by writing this blog every week, all of you will get to know me a little bit better. The situation right now in Venezuela – where not everyone can express themselves freely – makes me glad I have this blog to vent about my thoughts and feelings.

Hope you enjoy knowing me a little bit more and see you guys next week.

Besitos/Kisses,
    Juan Pablo
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really enjoyed that. I can only imagine how he's worrying about the people of Venezuela. I find it inspiring whenever anyone from a country that has less freedom than ours seems to appreciate what we so often take for granted.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

There are clearly cultural differences here, as would be expected. I just wish that they would be embraced rather than questioned and looked down upon.
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I really enjoyed that. I can only imagine how he's worrying about the people of Venezuela. I find it inspiring whenever anyone from a country that has less freedom than ours seems to appreciate what we so often take for granted.
    He was born in New York. He isn't from another country
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread