+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo's Blog

Re: Juan Pablo's Blog

I could care less that he can't write. A good writer does not necessarily translate into good TV. At least maybe we will be spared corny poems this year. Not that I don't like corny poems.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and sparklete like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I was being generous with the dictating thing.
    Midol likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    On yeah, finally next week I got to go on my first Juan-on-Juan date
    Bah dum boom pah!

You're too funny! LOL
    NEPASue likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Wait a MINUTE!!! Is it just me or did I miss the AMAZINGs????

Amazing adventures, looking amazing, being amazing, amazing places, just everything being so fricken AH-MAZE-ZING!!

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: The Master of Group Dates Gets a Couple One-on-Ones - Celebrity Blog, The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis : People.com

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: The Master of Group Dates Gets a Couple One-on-Ones

By Juan Pablo Galavis

01/14/2014 at 09:50 AM EST

Juan Pablo Galavis, former pro soccer player, single father and star of this season's The Bachelor, is blogging for PEOPLE.com each week about the ladies, the dates and the difficult decisions he faces. You can also follow Juan on Twitter @JuanPaGalavis.

I couldn't wait for this week to begin, because in all my time on The Bachelorette and The Bachelor, I had never been on a one-on-one date. Finally, the master of group dates got to have two one-on-one dates this week.

For Clare's date, we decided to create a winter wonderland, complete with snow, ice skating and sledding, even though we were in sunny Los Angeles. Before taking Clare, I decided to spend some time and surprise Camila. She hadn't seen snow since she was 10 months old, so I wanted to see her face during this experience. She loved it, and watching Camila see the snow and ice skate is something I won't forget.

I knew the winter wonderland was going to be a shock to Clare, but I love surprising people. When I'm in a relationship, I always find ways to surprise my girlfriend. Being El Bachelor, I get to surprise all these women, and this one with Clare I really believed was a good one. In the car ride over, she kept asking me a million times what we were doing, and she even got a little nauseous. I remember when I carried her on my back, and as soon as I stepped on the snow she had an idea of what it was, but it wasn't until I took the blindfold off that she was certain. Seeing her that happy and excited definitely made me smile.

We had a blast playing around in the snow. Ice skating with Clare was great, and we went sledding a couple of times. We made a bet on the race. Whoever lost had to give the winner a massage. I won the first race, but Clare wanted a rematch. We did a double or nothing, and I won again. So I decided to get one of the massages that night and save the other one for another time.

It was nice to get into that hot tub when it was so cold around us. When Clare opened up about her dad, it really got to me. As a father myself, I want Camila to look to me one day like that. It seems like Clare's been struggling ever since her father's death. She even calls herself the Ice Queen. Maybe one day I will help melt that icy heart of hers. All I know for sure is that we were having a fantastic date together, and it got even better when Josh Krajcik started playing. He's an amazing singer, and to finish the night like that, dancing in the snow … perfect. I really loved my first one-on-one date.

I went big on my first date with Kat – and had an even bigger surprise waiting for her. We were going to jump on a private plane to Salt Lake City and run in an Electric Run 5K. Before we left for the airport, Kat and I had a small picnic and got to know each other better. I learned about her past and how she moved out to Arizona for her job. She's been really career-focused and is now ready to find someone. I really liked that about Kat. Plus, she's beautiful and she likes to dance, so she was perfect for this date.

Electric Run

I cannot describe the energy of that Electric Run. All the music, neon colors and people … it was crazy. Kat and I don't even really like running, but this was so much fun. All kinds of people were running the 5K – families with little kids, older people – it was really a great mix of people. It was so funny seeing all the fans of the show rooting for Kat to get the rose as we were running the race.

The race was amazing, but the end on the stage was even better. It was funny being on stage. I kind of felt like a rock star. The crowd was loving us, and the music was blasting. Seeing Kat go with the flow on this very different date was really important for me to see. She definitely deserved that neon rose.

Models 'n' Mutts Group Date

I want to give two huge shout-outs to the Models 'n' Mutts organization and the Best Friends Animal Society of Los Angeles. Best Friends is an amazing charity that has saved so many dogs' lives. It was really great seeing Models n Mutts work with Best Friends to make this happen. I am a dog lover and grew up with a couple of them down in Venezuela.

It's almost impossible to have dogs now because I suffered a lot with my previous ones. My last dog was a Golden Retriever, and my dad, sister and I had to go to the veterinarian to put her to sleep because of cancer. It was one of the hardest things in my life. She was a family member I had to put to sleep.

I loved the idea of this photo shoot. Matching the dogs with the girls was a great idea, and I really got to see who was a good sport about doing things outside of their comfort zone. I also got to see who was good at taking care of their dogs. That was something I was secretly keeping my eye on. If they were good with their dog, then they would have at least a little sense of taking care of someone else.

The photo shoot was a lot of fun, especially with Renee and Cassandra. Cassandra's dog ended up eating the whole plate of spaghetti and meatballs. It was hilarious. I'm also so proud of Andi for overcoming her fear and really killing that photo shoot. I knew how hard that was for her, because it was hard for me as well, but I'm glad she did it for charity. The picture looked amazing at the end, and hopefully a dog's life will be saved because of it.

Ay, Lucy! I had no idea Lucy was topless so much. I don't love that she's like that, but at the end of the day, she's just a happy camper. That is who she is, and she's not going to change. Despite all the inappropriate behavior, she did help Elise, and I did respect that. She made Elise feel more comfortable, and she didn't have to do that. I liked that, but please, Lucy: Keep your top on.

That night I was really looking forward to getting to know all the girls better. Cassandra telling me she was a mom was something I wasn't expecting, but I was glad she was able to tell me. I don't blame her for waiting a week. She needed to get comfortable and pick the right time. Her son Trey sounds great, and I'm happy Cassandra is here. I definitely want to get to know her better.

My night was going great. I was having a really great conversation with Nikki when Victoria came around the corner and looked and sounded drunk. Before going on this adventure, that was one of the things I wished wouldn't happen. I do not like girls who get sloppy drunk. That's a big turnoff for me because I have a daughter and need Camila to always be around role models. I wanted to give Victoria the benefit of the doubt. I knew she was very nervous about everything, and I understand how tough this experience can be.

I wanted to talk to her after I had finished with Nikki to see how she was doing. From the little I saw in the bathroom, she was not doing well at all. I didn't see all the fireworks with Victoria after that, but wow. I don't even know what to say. Just wow. I really am thankful that Renee was there to take care of Victoria and make sure she was as safe as possible. Little things like that tell me a lot about someone like Renee and make me like her even more. She is a great mom.

The Rose Ceremony

I didn't have a date with Sharleen this week, so I was happy to have some time to talk to her. She definitely didn't need to apologize for how she waited to accept my rose last week. I'm just getting to know her, and she's just getting to know me. I know she feels out of place, but I see something there and will keep trying to make her feel relaxed so hopefully she opens up to me later on.

I hate the rose ceremonies, and even though I had to say goodbye to only two women, it was still a difficult decision. Amy L. and Chantel are great women, but I just didn't see a future there with them. I know each week will get tougher and tougher for me.

Well, that was a dramatic first week in the house. Keep watching next Sunday for some Bachelor love stories and more dates. I take a huge leap with a special girl, and I get to make my own futbol team with the girls in the house.

Gracias por ver y leer/Thanks for watching and reading.

Besitos/Kisses,
    Juan Pablo
    ilja likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So we're pretty sure that it's going to be "Adios, Lucy" (hopefully in the not-too-distant future).
    waywyrd, Coco46, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

I liked this blog. Thanks Juan Pablo for sharing your thoughts even if I don't agree with you about someone having to appear in the nude as simply going out of one's comfort zone. Those girls are going to regret those naked pictures on the internet when their children start surfing the net.
    Jexter and AZChristian like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I liked this blog. Thanks Juan Pablo for sharing your thoughts even if I don't agree with you about someone having to appear in the nude as simply going out of one's comfort zone. Those girls are going to regret those naked pictures on the internet when their children start surfing the net.
    Yes, those photos are out there, and the one we all saw? not what's out there I'm afraid. Andi was okay, Lucy I don't care, her breasts showed though her hair, and JPab has a very small card with writing on it- front of him ( very small)
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, those photos are out there, and the one we all saw? not what's out there I'm afraid. Andi was okay, Lucy I don't care, her breasts showed though her hair, and JPab has a very small card with writing on it- front of him ( very small)
    You're SO wrong for that!
    NEPASue likes this.

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: A Good Week on the Show, a Tough Week Off It - Celebrity Blog, Scandals & Feuds, The Bachelor, Juan Pablo Galavis : People.com

Juan Pablo's Bachelor Blog: A Good Week on the Show, a Tough Week Off It

By Juan Pablo Galavis

01/21/2014 at 10:30 AM EST

Juan Pablo Galavis, former pro soccer player, single father and star of this season's The Bachelor, is blogging for PEOPLE.com each week about the ladies, the dates and the difficult decisions he faces. This week he also addresses his controversial comments about the idea of a gay Bachelor. Since those remarks, Galavis has apologized and agreed to meet with GLAAD members as well as LGBT Latinos and their families. You can also follow Juan on Twitter @JuanPaGalavis.

It was a little hard to start writing after all that has happened during the past few days. I thank you for coming and reading my blog ...

My apology was not enough, so I guess time and my actions will let people know who I really am and my thoughts about how much I respect gay people.

On the show, at least, this was my favorite week.

It started with my one-on-one date with Cassandra. I wanted to make sure early on whether I felt she could be a potential partner, because obviously I don't want to waste her time away from her son.

The date started at the beach, jumping in a water car and enjoying a ride around town. She had no idea the car was a water car. We drove a bit, and then I faked that I was going to stop in front of the beach, but I pressed the gas until we got into the water. She was scared, but soon she figured it out. We cruised to a yacht and had a great time lying in the sun and talking.

After a great afternoon, I took Cassandra to my house and cooked my signature pasta for her. I wanted her to feel as comfortable as possible so she could talk to me without problems.

We had a great date, especially when we were dancing, because she is a good dancer and I knew she felt in her comfort zone. Seeing pictures of her son really melted my heart, because I know how it feels to be away from your child but also wanting to look for someone to spend the rest of your life with.

Getting Our Kicks

As a soccer player, there was definitely going to be a fútbol date, and I couldn't wait to take 10 girls on a group date to StubHub Center, the home of the L.A. Galaxy. Being on a soccer field makes me feel like I'm at home. It was my home for 24 years and sometimes still is.

I played for a bit with some of the Galaxy players to warm up, and then the women showed up. I loved seeing them in sportswear. I'm a easygoing kind of guy, and there is nothing more attractive to me than a woman wearing spandex, sports tops and sneakers.

I trained them before the game to see their level of skills and even had some penalty kicks. I was the goalie, and the girls kicked my butt. The game was awesome – I have never seen 10 girls kick each other so hard, run and kick the ball everywhere. Poor Sharleen got beat up, but she kept getting up and kept playing.

The cocktail party was at the stadium, and that was so great to show the girls how soccer has been in my life and will always be an important part of it. Kissing Andi at the concession stand was very steamy – that place was so hot and things got even a little hotter.

Lucy had her birthday that day at 12 a.m., and I waited until 11:55 to talk to her because I thought she needed a special moment. At 12, I brought her a little piece of cake with a candle and sang "Happy Birthday" to her.

Chelsie Time

My last date of the week was with Chelsie. She is so fun. We danced in the car, and I took her to a bridge. We stopped in the middle, and I made a video where I told her this was our bridge. She said, "We'd better not be jumping off it," and it was great seeing her reaction when she saw the platform and realized that we were, indeed, going to bungee jump off of it.

We put our gear on and walked up the stairs. When I looked down for the first time, I almost s–– my pants. Oh my God, I was scared, but I was not going to show Chelsie that because she would not have jumped with me. She was also super scared. We walked three times front to back, and I tried my best to keep her calm and make her trust me that everything would be okay. Obviously, trust is very important for a relationship, but if she didn't want to jump, I was going to understand because is a hard situation to be in. She trusted me, and we jumped. It was a very scary feeling.

That night, I wanted her to relax and have some dinner in a gorgeous setting, and after that I gave her the rose. What better way to end the date than with a Billy Currington concert for the two of us? I knew she loved him and thought she was perfect for this date. I wasn't wrong.

As I don't like rose ceremonies and their cocktail parties so much, I decided to break into the mansion and cook breakfast for the girls to get them to loosen up (also to see them without makeup and in their pajamas!).

Seeing everyone in their pajamas was great. Some of them didn't care that I was at the house, and Renee showed once again what an amazing woman she is by helping me cook and helping the girls clean up everything. Lucy, on the other hand, came down with a T-shirt and underwear, and she stayed that way for all of breakfast. That's when I realized that she wasn't good for me and my daughter.

I cooked a Venezuelan breakfast: perico, arepas, etc., and they seemed to like it.

The mood was so great that I changed the cocktail party to a pool party, and that was definitely the cherry on top of the ice cream of a great week with the girls.

Don't forget to tune into Sean and Catherine's live wedding on Sunday, and then watch on Monday night for the next chapter in my adventure. Next week we hit the road, and my adventure goes international. And who knows, maybe I find my Seoul mate on the way.

I hope you enjoyed the episode and reading my blog. And once again, to those whom I may have offended with my words, I offer my apologies.

Sinceramente,
    Juan Pablo

+ Reply to Thread