+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo - season 18 *no spoilers*

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Juan Pablo - season 18 *no spoilers*

This season hasn't even begun and I'm already falling asleep from boredom. Juan Pable is not that great looking and has zero sex appeal. Terrible bachelor pick...terrible, terrible, terrible! I'll take a thousand Ben's for bachelor over this guy.

zzZZZZZzzzzz....!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Well, I can't say I would rather watch 1,000 Bens over JPab, but on the other hand, I have no intention of watching JPab's season. Not only do I prefer the 'Ette seasons to the Bach ones (with the exception of Emily, who was the biggest phony to come down the pike and I had a miserable time on the threads disagreeing with all the FORTers who thought she was soooooooo sweet and sincere), but I have no interest in this particular lunkhead. During Des' season, I had to focus so intently to even understand what he was saying, and I don't want to work that hard to watch a piece of fluff show like this. Apparently the producers thought JPab would be a sex magnet for the female viewers, so it's interesting that no one here so far feels that way. I agree he seems to do nothing for a living and hopes this gig will give him some kind of TV career, so that leads me to suggest they just pair him up with Emily because they have so much in common, given that as well as the phony cover of wanting to find a co-parent for their daughters.

Besides all that, I'm completely bored with the show's formulaic, repetitive approach: Who will be the villain hated by all the other girls? Who is the one who will be accused of being there for all the wrong reasons? Who will keep saying she's not there to make friends? Who will be the sweet girl they all like? Who will be the most desperate one who's afraid her eggs are drying up? Who will fall in love with him right away because she just knows they were meant to be together? Who will have a boyfriend back home? Who will be the crazy one who cries all the time? Can't they come up with some interesting new twist? I guess not.
    BTW, Arielflies and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    This season hasn't even begun and I'm already falling asleep from boredom. Juan Pable is not that great looking and has zero sex appeal. Terrible bachelor pick...terrible, terrible, terrible! I'll take a thousand Ben's for bachelor over this guy.

zzZZZZZzzzzz....!
    OMG no!
    Ben had to have been by far the most unattractive Bachelor they have ever had, & I disliked his personality on whoever's season he was on originally. His season was the only one ever that I never bothered to watch a single minute of.
    I agree though, this season will be a total snoozefest. I'm just not interested in him at all at this point, but at least he doesn't put me off the way Ben did.
    mesachick, jucamer and Midol like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post

zzZZZZZzzzzz....!
    I don't know what they see in him, he sounds really stupid AND boring reading his tweets
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Well, I can't say I would rather watch 1,000 Bens over JPab, but on the other hand, I have no intention of watching JPab's season. Not only do I prefer the 'Ette seasons to the Bach ones (with the exception of Emily, who was the biggest phony to come down the pike and I had a miserable time on the threads disagreeing with all the FORTers who thought she was soooooooo sweet and sincere), but I have no interest in this particular lunkhead. During Des' season, I had to focus so intently to even understand what he was saying, and I don't want to work that hard to watch a piece of fluff show like this. Apparently the producers thought JPab would be a sex magnet for the female viewers, so it's interesting that no one here so far feels that way. I agree he seems to do nothing for a living and hopes this gig will give him some kind of TV career, so that leads me to suggest they just pair him up with Emily because they have so much in common, given that as well as the phony cover of wanting to find a co-parent for their daughters.

Besides all that, I'm completely bored with the show's formulaic, repetitive approach: Who will be the villain hated by all the other girls? Who is the one who will be accused of being there for all the wrong reasons? Who will keep saying she's not there to make friends? Who will be the sweet girl they all like? Who will be the most desperate one who's afraid her eggs are drying up? Who will fall in love with him right away because she just knows they were meant to be together? Who will have a boyfriend back home? Who will be the crazy one who cries all the time? Can't they come up with some interesting new twist? I guess not.
    I agree 99.99% of what you wrote. The only thing we differ on is that I will still be watching...I just can't seem to help myself.
    BTW likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I agree 99.99% of what you wrote. The only thing we differ on is that I will still be watching...I just can't seem to help myself.
    I'll see how it goes. I am not enthused. Never was crazy about him. Don't know what they (?) were thinking to pick him as the Bachelor.

I liked the little I saw of Juan Pablo. Can he carry the season? I have no idea. I doubt he will be any worse than Ben or Jake. I'll watch, at least the first few episodes.
    BTW, bamafan and sparklete like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I'll see how it goes. I am not enthused. Never was crazy about him. Don't know what they (?) were thinking to pick him as the Bachelor.
    I swear they picked him only because of his name and his accent, thinking that since women are suckers for accents, picking him would be a win-win. I swear they did.
    Cornholio, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I still think this is mainly going to be a funny season (whether TPTB meant it to be) and not a romantic one, which I could care less one way or the other. I hope I get some good laughs out of it!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

You mean this series is still on!!! WOW! I gave up after season 2.
    Florimel, Coco46 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread