+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree228Likes

Thread: Juan Pablo - season 18 *no spoilers*

Re: Juan Pablo - season 18 *no spoilers*

The precedent has been set with regards to children on the show. I saw all of 2 minutes footage of him with his daughter on the last show, in the park along with his parents. I don't see him dragging the poor child along with him on dates! Seriously, if they are going to bill the lead as a single father or mother, of course the kid is going to be a part of the show.

To me, that is very different than the train wreck that is the octomom. At least, a different level of exploitation, if you will.
    Florimel, judkay, ilja and 1 others like this.
    Valar Morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    The precedent has been set with regards to children on the show. I saw all of 2 minutes footage of him with his daughter on the last show, in the park along with his parents. I don't see him dragging the poor child along with him on dates! Seriously, if they are going to bill the lead as a single father or mother, of course the kid is going to be a part of the show.

To me, that is very different than the train wreck that is the octomom. At least, a different level of exploitation, if you will.
    I still don't like it. Single father to me, means the child lives with him and there is no mother in the picture.
    Cornholio and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

First time in the series, where I have not watched even one minute pf any show. I was totally disinterested in him as a lead. He is certainly good looking - I will give him that,
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still don't like it. Single father to me, means the child lives with him and there is no mother in the picture.
    Single Father to me means that he is single, doesn't "live with" a woman, and is the primary or 50/50 shared custody holder & decision maker for the child.
    I put the same qualifications on Single Mother.
    The other parent can well be in the picture, but if the other parent is the primary custody holder, then it's stretching things too far to call the non-custodial one Single Parent.
    Ellen, NEPASue and Photobabe like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Single Father to me means that he is single, doesn't "live with" a woman, and is the primary or 50/50 shared custody holder & decision maker for the child.
    I put the same qualifications on Single Mother.
    The other parent can well be in the picture, but if the other parent is the primary custody holder, then it's stretching things too far to call the non-custodial one Single Parent.
    I guess when he says stepmom for Camille, I think of that differently as well. I grew up with a stepmom meaning the wife had died, and she was now the stepmom..oh well
    -Andy Rooney-

Stepmom is whomever marries your Dad, regardless of whether or not your Mom has passed or not.
    NEPASue and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Does JP have 50/50 custody? Has the custody schedule been mentioned?

Also, why did he quit soccer? Clearly many other soccer players have kids
    and don't quit work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Does JP have 50/50 custody? Has the custody schedule been mentioned?

Also, why did he quit soccer? Clearly many other soccer players have kids
    and don't quit work.
    I don't think he quit soccer...soccer quit him. Camilla is just an excuse for the show. From all accounts, his contract expired and he was not picked up by another team.
    Cornholio likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't think he quit soccer...soccer quit him. Camilla is just an excuse for the show. From all accounts, his contract expired and he was not picked up by another team.
    Yup, nobody picked him up lol. Camilla to me is a prop( I don't doubt he loves her)

My husbands daughters were so glad when I said please use my first name, they didn't want to call me stepmom..same with me when my dad remarried, I said I have a mom, seeing him happy was fantastic, but his wife was not my mum.. that's why when Jpab goes on and on about finding a stepmom, I could hurl...
    -Andy Rooney-

But that's what you usually call the woman who marries your father. I had a lovely stepmom for many, many years. She was not my mom, never tried to be. But she was a mothering figure in my life and was very important in her own right, at least to me. Since his child is still very young, if he does remarry and the child spends time with him, at his house, you can bet your boots the new stepmom will be doing mothering things for Camilla. I never called my stepmom anything but her first name, because that felt more comfortable. Same with my stepdad, who was the most loving caring father figure I have ever had, and who I miss every day. I think it is too easy to get hung up on titles.
    NCLurker, mesachick, ilja and 1 others like this.
    Valar Morghulis

+ Reply to Thread