Closed Thread
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Her trying to fit in the wheel well as like a stupid human trick. My friends and I do it all the time. In fact, just last week my roommates and I took turns trying to fit in a suitcase and seeing if we could zip it up while one of us was inside. I don't find her trying to fit in the well odd at all.
    We thought it was just us! our stepdaughter always does things like this the kids love it.
    ness, umngirl, biglove44 and 1 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I just rewatched Catherines home visit. The sisters said Catherine was "really happy" or "really focused". There was no mention of "depressed" or "sad". Rewatching it, I got the impression that the mother and sisters were just very skeptical of the process and therefore had decided not to say anything that would show support. The sisters did say that in previous relationships Catherine had left when it was no longer fun. But, that could simply be because she had not found the right guy.
    This actually describes an introvert, a club in which Catherine may have lifetime membership.
    AZChristian and ilja like this.

END OF DISCUSSION!!! Everyone has made their points and it is now getting personal.

The thread will be closed until further notice.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This is now reopened so discussion may resume about your impressions of the Finale and ATFR.

ALL contestant discussion should be posted in their threads.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Thanks, Arielflies, for the "reality check." We really do get invested in our own interpretations of what's going on with the Bachelors/Ettes and their potential mates. I have been watching these shows since Ryan and Trista's season, and like most of the other FORT posters, I too always began to feel, after a number of episodes, that I 'knew' the contestants. This season, I decided to just watch the episodes starting with the home town dates. So I only was familiar with the final 4 girls. Although I missed out on a lot, at the same time, it was a lot less stressful. More importantly, I found that I could be a lot more objective because I didn't feel as emotional or as personally invested in how things played out. I was really surprised when Sean chose Catherine because he seemed to be more emotionally involved with a couple of the other girls --- but it was a very pleasant surprise, and I really am wishing them both happiness.

But something is concerning me a little, and I'd love to know what some of the other posters think. To me it seemed that once the proposal was over --- for example, at the ATFR and during the post-show interviews, I haven't been SEEING the usual new lovers, excitement, and body language, and 'can't-keep-their'-hands-off-each-other' kind of behavior from either of them. I hope it's just fatigue and/or the two of them consciously trying to act in a particular way, but they just haven't been LOOKING LIKE newly engaged love birds to me.

I had not even noticed. I suspect they are simply not into showing that much public displays of affection. I do recall Catherine wanting them to find a more private area before she would kiss him the first time.
    Pandora2 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I did a search with key words "Sean Lowe Catherine body language." One body language expert said that Sean and Catherine have a mutual desire for fame. The expert also said that Catherine's clawed hand while she's kissing Sean indicates effort. Another expert said that their body language proves that their relationship is fake. I always watch this series from the beginning. I like to play matchmaker and choose who I think would be best for the lead. I also try to see which contestant the lead seems to be most interested in at the first party. I thought that Des would be best for Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Thanks, Arielflies, for the "reality check." We really do get invested in our own interpretations of what's going on with the Bachelors/Ettes and their potential mates. I have been watching these shows since Ryan and Trista's season, and like most of the other FORT posters, I too always began to feel, after a number of episodes, that I 'knew' the contestants. This season, I decided to just watch the episodes starting with the home town dates. So I only was familiar with the final 4 girls. Although I missed out on a lot, at the same time, it was a lot less stressful. More importantly, I found that I could be a lot more objective because I didn't feel as emotional or as personally invested in how things played out. I was really surprised when Sean chose Catherine because he seemed to be more emotionally involved with a couple of the other girls --- but it was a very pleasant surprise, and I really am wishing them both happiness.

But something is concerning me a little, and I'd love to know what some of the other posters think. To me it seemed that once the proposal was over --- for example, at the ATFR and during the post-show interviews, I haven't been SEEING the usual new lovers, excitement, and body language, and 'can't-keep-their'-hands-off-each-other' kind of behavior from either of them. I hope it's just fatigue and/or the two of them consciously trying to act in a particular way, but they just haven't been LOOKING LIKE newly engaged love birds to me.
    I picked up on that too - the missing afterglow that one would expect. I said earlier that Sean has the *deer caught in the headlights* look about him. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, whether it be Catherine, or the producers, are pushing this marriage thing way too quickly, and he's really not on board with it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I think we have become so desensitized to "modesty" that unless people are all "touchy/feely" with each other, we don't think they're "in love." For me, the way they both "light up" in the other's presence tells me that they have "it." Sean did not have those facial expressions with anyone else. I think these two are the real deal...but only time will tell.
    ness, judkay, biglove44 and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I had not even noticed. I suspect they are simply not into showing that much public displays of affection. I do recall Catherine wanting them to find a more private area before she would kiss him the first time.
    I remember couples( Vienna and Jake for one) the other one is quite recent.All over each other, undying love blah blah blah. Now look where they are.- over!

. We are not with them 24/7 and the cameras are no longer with them. Let them have some privacy, I sure don't need to see all the fake PDA I have seen before- that withered away within a month or less.

Sean and Cat share a look between them, that for me, says it all.

Much better than a public fawning
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread