Closed Thread
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 423
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #381
    Here's to NEXT YEAR! cubsfan55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    642

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Wasn't that Montana? It was part of the group date and then they had their first 1:1 date in Canada the next week.
    Midol, I'm sure you are correct.
    I've never been able to keep track of where they go from week to week. I just remember it was someplace cold.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

  2. #382
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44 View Post
    Edit: I hear you but eh, after watching him profess his love for her at the atfr and catching a bunch of their interviews today, I think Sean and Cat are happy and believe they're each other's first choice.

    I like this interview, check it out (i hope it's okay to post it here) VIDEO: Bachelor's Sean on Knowing Catherine was "The One" and Why He's Going Dancing - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com. Sean is a lucky guy bc Catherine is extremely secure in herself and their relationship.

    This too:'The Bachelor' Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici interview - The Bachelor Interview - Reality TV - Digital Spy
    Thanks for posting those links.

    They are saying and doing all the right things and both seem to be happy, that is for sure.

    That having been said, they are just now beginning to get to know each other on a personal level. They are starting out by dating, which is good. Catherine will be busy planning her wedding and excited. If they don't wait long enough to really get to know each other well enough...oh heck, I will just say it. I'm very concerned about what Catherine's sisters said. Even her mother said she did not feel Catherine was ready for marriage, when Sean ask her. There has to be a reason for these comments.

    After reading about what Catherine said about her father (I didn't catch it on the show) I'm even more concerned. Based on what I heard the sister's say, she is either really happy or way down in the dumps. To me, they seemed very concerned about Sean knowing this and they said it in front of Catherine. I would think if jealously was an issue, they would have found a way to tell Sean without Catherine being present. They also tried to convience Catherine to talk to Sean about this and Catherine did not feel she had a problem and told her sisters they should not have told him. They were just trying to cause problems for her.

    Bipolar is a very serious mental health problem. When I read about her father, it all seem to come together for me. A normal person, if there is such a thing, will have times they feel unusually good interchanged with feelings on an even playing field or maybe really low. At one time or another, all these different emotions will play into our daily lives. This is what is called normal. A Bipolar person is either feeling really good & excited or they are deeply depressed, it can change quickly and last for different time spans; sometimes a year or more at a time. When they are in the manic state, they have excess energy and want to be doing things all the time and very happy, or so they seem. They will do dare devil type things, trouble sleeping there are many more but these seem to be the main ones. If they go through a change or become really stressed..this can immediately trigger the depressive state. Which is a whole different story.

    If what i suspect is correct, I suspect she will remain in the manic state until after the wedding. The let down of normal everyday living will be more of an adjustment and she could fall very easily into the depressive state.

    The above is what i have based most of my concern on...can Sean deal with the depressive state? Because she will not be the fun loving person he married. The possibility of one or more of their children having this problem is increased. I realize this is dark and boring but unfortunately, a fact of life. With the warnings Sean got from her family, he should have contacted her mother and had that talk she referred to before, he ask for Catherine's hand in marriage. I imagine she would have been very open with him as she would not want her daughter hurt.

    If, I am correct in my assumptions, I hope Catherine's mom will make it a point to speak to Sean privately. If, it isn't to late already.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 03-14-2013 at 05:55 PM.

  3. #383
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Describing Catherine as bipolar based on a few comments from her sisters (who could have been prompted by production just like Des's brother was) is a HUGE assumption, in my opinion, and not very fair to her.
    ness, Hyper, Moontat and 6 others like this.

  4. #384
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Describing Catherine as bipolar based on a few comments from her sisters (who could have been prompted by production just like Des's brother was) is a HUGE assumption, in my opinion, and not very fair to her.
    I described the symtons of bipolar, I did not say she had bipolar. I said, I suspect & concerned and IF my assumption is correct. I agree, it should have never been said on national tv but it was. If I remember correctly, it was Sean who ask the sisters the question about Catherine being ready for marriage and they said "no" and told him why. Had it not been true regarding her mood swings, they would not have tried to get Catherine to talk to him about it.

    This was discussed in detail on the forum just after Catherine's home visit.

    In any engagement where there is a possibility of mental illness, the couple should consult a Dr. to discuss the situation and all the possiblities; then decide together if they feel they will be able to cope.

    Once you are married, you are married.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 03-14-2013 at 08:41 PM.

  5. #385
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Rileymeboy - Wow, you're extremely invested in their relationship. I get your concern. Cat and her family seem pretty open and educated (believe that mental illness is real), especially since they experienced it with their father. Because of that, I would assume they've done their due diligence/research to determine if Cat was bi-polar or not.

    Her sisters said that she had mood swings and she needed a partner that was understanding. They didn't say she could "either be really happy or way down in the dumps". Happy and super focused? Yes, they said that. Happy or deeply depressed? No, they didn't' say or imply that.
    ness, ladygreco, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

  6. #386
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44 View Post
    Rileymeboy - Wow, you're extremely invested in their relationship. I get your concern. Cat and her family seem pretty open and educated (believe that mental illness is real), especially since they experienced it with their father. Because of that, I would assume they've done their due diligence/research to determine if Cat was bi-polar or not.

    Her sisters said that she had mood swings and she needed a partner that was understanding. They didn't say she could "either be really happy or way down in the dumps". Happy and super focused? Yes, they said that. Happy or deeply depressed? No, they didn't' say or imply that.
    I wonder if we watched the same show. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that is not what I heard. Unforunately, I have deleted my bachelor shows on t.v. (shows how interested I am at this point) So, I'm unable to go back and rewatch. I will say, according to the discussion after the home visit, there were others that heard what I did.

    I used the words concerned, suspect & assume so it would be understood that it was an opinion and not a proven fact. I was not expecting the reaction I have gotten. There is no hidden agenda, simply my opinion. I have ask the monitors to delete the post.

  7. #387
    FORT Fogey Photobabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Too far from the beach
    Posts
    1,020

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    I just rewatched Catherines home visit. The sisters said Catherine was "really happy" or "really focused". There was no mention of "depressed" or "sad". Rewatching it, I got the impression that the mother and sisters were just very skeptical of the process and therefore had decided not to say anything that would show support. The sisters did say that in previous relationships Catherine had left when it was no longer fun. But, that could simply be because she had not found the right guy.
    ness, ladygreco, nanarama and 5 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

  8. #388
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,422

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I just rewatched Catherines home visit. The sisters said Catherine was "really happy" or "really focused". There was no mention of "depressed" or "sad". Rewatching it, I got the impression that the mother and sisters were just very skeptical of the process and therefore had decided not to say anything that would show support. The sisters did say that in previous relationships Catherine had left when it was no longer fun. But, that could simply be because she had not found the right guy.


    BRAVO!

    Thank GOD you were able to go back and check that!

    LOVE IT!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  9. #389
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,036

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    I wonder if we watched the same show. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I am saying that is not what I heard. Unforunately, I have deleted my bachelor shows on t.v. (shows how interested I am at this point) So, I'm unable to go back and rewatch. I will say, according to the discussion after the home visit, there were others that heard what I did.

    I used the words concerned, suspect & assume so it would be understood that it was an opinion and not a proven fact. I was not expecting the reaction I have gotten. There is no hidden agenda, simply my opinion. I have ask the monitors to delete the post.
    Hey, don't let other's strong disagreement with you keep you from giving your opinion. While I disagree with you vehemently, I like reading different perspectives. Shoot, when I first read your post, I thought, well there he goes with payback for our talk about Ashley's mental instability. And even though I understand why others reacted the way they did to your post, I thought it was kind of funny if it was a revenge post which I didn't really think it was.

    You think this is bad, the board I visit the most mainly talks about politics and some religion on a regular basis. Now that is a place to get strong disagreements.
    Last edited by ilja; 03-14-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Imperfect1 and Midol like this.

  10. #390
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,133

    Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

    Ilja - you are super sweet - just wanted to toss that out there!

    Differing opinions should be welcomed here! And who's to say - maybe Catherine IS bi-polar. Folks on this board and on other forums have got the same feeling, so you aren't alone in those thoughts Rileymeboy.

    I found another interesting fact - Catherine isn't even all that religious LOL She just started going to some non-denominational church and is "exploring" different roads. I don't have an issue with that though. I don't think anyone should change their religious views for their spouse. It should be something that they want to do. Just look at how well that's worked out for Tom Cruise trying to force Scientology upon his two ex-wives. LOL I do wish them well. Fake or not, whether they last or not, they sure made a cute couple on the cover of People. The airbrushing was WAY too heavy handed though. Sean looks like he's 17
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.