Closed Thread
Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    That's not nice. ohno
    Well, I thought her whining over not being married because of her birth defect was over the top. A little during the show, especially when she was de-rosed, was fine. But when we got to TWTA and Harrison's couch of tears, I was hoping for a more positive message. Because it did take guts to come onto the show.

She's obviously capable of taking care of herself. And, aside from the Venus de Milo thing, she won the genetic lottery when it comes to looks. And she has decided not to wear a prosthetic arm and long sleeves, which I applaud as well since it probably is just cosmetic and gets in the way. They don't usually cast very heavy women, who often have weight issues because of genetics. Or, perhaps more apropos, women with extremely asymmetrical faces (though somehow that worked for Shannon Doherty).

Perhaps she's right, and men who have also won the genetic lottery turn her down because she isn't perfect. Why is she fishing in that pool, then? Why not fish with the majority of us, who understand that perfect looks are fleeting and not necessarily the precursor to a whale of a good marriage?
    causingchaos and Pandora2 like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Well, even though each season there has to be a f2, I still felt for Lindsey. I always do, for the f2 person. And while I don't expect him to explain reason after reason why he didn't choose Lindsey (because that won't help her pain, anyway..), I felt for her especially after their last date. Granted, I didn't watch the entire season scene after scene, but just from watching last night's dates with her, I would have presumed her the winner. I"m sure she's moved on by now, but it seems it would be pretty difficult to do after dates like that.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned earlier, but if Sean was being truthful about not having his mind made up for as long as he was saying ... I'd feel a little insecure if I was Catherine. I can't imagine walking down the aisle and committing the rest of my life to someone who was professing his love (albeit just to a TV audience) for another woman as early as 2 days before he had proposed to me. I'm sure much of what Sean said and did on the show was being orchestrated by the producers, but still .... his confusion and lack of clarity as to which woman he wanted as his wife must have been very insulting to Catherine. Sean was probably spending a lot of time reassuring Catherine and trying to convince her that he was told to say all that stuff before that show aired last night so she wouldn't realize the extent of his indecision, I am guessing.
    Who knows? It's a bizarre little world they've created. I'm sure it's why they're 0-for-16 in producing marriages between the "winner" and the Bachelor. We talk about that "Bachelor Bubble" a lot, and how it's really just the beginning of dating when the cameras fade and the last rose loses its petals. I think they do fine given it's really just an elaborate dating service where you get one real shot at it (two if you're Brad or Jason, for different reasons).

But yes, Catherine wouldn't be human if parts of last night's finale weren't very painful to watch. Or, for that matter, the supposed agony Sean experienced cutting Desiree, because he was apparently planning to cut Catherine if not for Desiree's brother's performance. Of course, the editing room could have created the perception this was how it went down.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Well, even though each season there has to be a f2, I still felt for Lindsey. I always do, for the f2 person. And while I don't expect him to explain reason after reason why he didn't choose Lindsey (because that won't help her pain, anyway..), I felt for her especially after their last date. Granted, I didn't watch the entire season scene after scene, but just from watching last night's dates with her, I would have presumed her the winner. I"m sure she's moved on by now, but it seems it would be pretty difficult to do after dates like that.
    I agree, its difficult for the F2 because they always think they are the one. There are no answers that would suffice. But, again, they know that signing up for this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    Perhaps she's right, and men who have also won the genetic lottery turn her down because she isn't perfect. Why is she fishing in that pool, then? Why not fish with the majority of us, who understand that perfect looks are fleeting and not necessarily the precursor to a whale of a good marriage?
    Amen! Love is a crap shoot for everyone, and there are plenty of quality men who are with less-than-perfect women (and vice-versa). She needs to focus on what she CAN control.

Well, I've finally gotten to spend some time on some spoiler boards last night & this morning. I've missed them, although after the fact they just aren't all that much fun or all that interesting. I've already seen on screen most of what they had to say. The excitement was gone.
    I don't know if I'll go spoiled or non spoiled for Desiree's season yet. This was a lot of fun here with many not knowing & those who did, not saying. I loved the input from people who just gave observations rather than inside knowledge.

On to last night:
    First, Yay. My girl won. I'm happy.
    As much as I found Lindsay annoying & an immature kid all season & wanted her gone, I must admit she handled the rejection with grace & maturity, a tough thing to do in those circumstances. She went up a few notches in my opinion.
    I loved the elephant rides & Catherine & Sean's interaction. Very comfortable with each other.
    As to the dresses, Lindsay's was dreadful. She's slim & has a great figure, but that dress sure didn't show that. It made her look like she had no bust & way too much thighs. It looked like it was stretched a size over what it should have been & the back was bunchy & stretched out of whack. I thought maybe she bought it before she went on the show & put on a bunch of weight. But we just saw her in a bikini & her weight was definitely not the issue. Just a bad bad choice of dresses.
    Catherine's, while similar had an entirely different effect. It fit like a glove & flattered all the right places.

As to the whole take-the-shoes-off thing with both of them, I saw it as nothing more than a youth thing. Young women just aren't used to those types of shoes & can't wait to take them off in as short a time as possible. I've seen it at wedding receptions where all the younger women have them off immediately even in their fancy dresses. I've seen it in my daughter when she gets dressed up too. Even at her own wedding. The older women, on the other hand, wear them to the bitter end. Sure, they're uncomfortable, but we can take it. We're tougher.

As to the ATFR, I can't remember seeing a final couple that sure & secure in themselves since Trista & Ryan. I'm a doubter, but who knows. Maybe it was just wishful thinking. Somewhere inside my very skeptical & sarcastic brain, I sure would like to see a wedding.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just keep comparing my husband and myself to this made-for-TV dating service, and I know that I simply couldn't tolerate sharing the man I loved with anyone else. I don't know if I'm just too insecure, but if I ever felt serious about someone I was dating, we were an exclusive item -- just the 2 of us. Obviously all the rules change for the show and everyone knows ahead of time what they're getting into, but once those real feelings begin to develop, it must be agony knowing that the man you have a major crush on is off with another woman, kissing her and having a fabulous time. That would be drama enough, but on top of that the contestants are not only isolated, they are also given plenty of alcohol and their every move is being documented on camera while they're confined to live with the same people they're competing against for the attention of the same "prize" -- almost like science experiments. The psychology behind the ordeals they endure is fascinating. Clearly many of them crack under the pressure and say and do things they would never say or do under normal circumstances. I just hope that Catherine and/or Sean don't wake up one day and realize they had gotten caught up in the glamour and excitement of the romantic TV show and that they truly were just "playing house."
    Pandora2 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I just keep comparing my husband and myself to this made-for-TV dating service, and I know that I simply couldn't tolerate sharing the man I loved with anyone else. I don't know if I'm just too insecure, but if I ever felt serious about someone I was dating, we were an exclusive item -- just the 2 of us. Obviously all the rules change for the show and everyone knows ahead of time what they're getting into, but once those real feelings begin to develop, it must be agony knowing that the man you have a major crush on is off with another woman, kissing her and having a fabulous time. That would be drama enough, but on top of that the contestants are not only isolated, they are also given plenty of alcohol and their every move is being documented on camera while they're confined to live with the same people they're competing against for the attention of the same "prize" -- almost like science experiments. The psychology behind the ordeals they endure is fascinating. Clearly many of them crack under the pressure and say and do things they would never say or do under normal circumstances. I just hope that Catherine and/or Sean don't wake up one day and realize they had gotten caught up in the glamour and excitement of the romantic TV show and that they truly were just "playing house."
    It seems that a lot of these couples in the past have done exactly that, most recently Ben and Courtney and Emily and Jef.
    NEPASue likes this.

FORT Fogey

IMO, those particular four people were all users and phonies from the get-go. I think Sean and Catherine are more genuine and down to earth people ... but I guess time will tell for sure.

As for Catherine removing her shoes, I figured she had to for the elephant ride. I noticed they both got barefoot the first time they rode it and while Sean wasn't barefoot this time, they did have more of a platform for their feet, I imagine they did not want to take a chance with Catherine's heels.

Not that I have that much experience with elephants and I did not stay at the Holiday Inn last night but I did used to really, really love Dumbo The Flying Elephant.

Closed Thread