Closed Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by dixielandbelle View Post
    In my experience, the only constant in successful marriages is the absolute committment of both parties.
    I agree... as long as you really know who (or what) it is you're committing to. Spending time together in a lot of different situations is the fine print in the contract, I think. You might be just fine skipping over that, or it could come back to bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    ITA. And he told Lindsey he loved her only minutes before proposing to Catherine. I was kind of surprised that didn't come up last night, but maybe Catherine is just that secure. That would be really difficult for me, I think.

Before last night I really thought that Sean had decided awhile ago and it was just editing that made him look torn, but last night it kind of looked like he was about to flip a coin. That's a little bizarre to me.
    Not to me. He said he loved Lindsay he said he was in love with Catherine .He spoke from his heart, not easy to do.
    Florimel, Midol and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mimi View Post
    I don't know if this has already been mentioned earlier, but if Sean was being truthful about not having his mind made up for as long as he was saying ... I'd feel a little insecure if I was Catherine. I can't imagine walking down the aisle and committing the rest of my life to someone who was professing his love (albeit just to a TV audience) for another woman as early as 2 days before he had proposed to me. I'm sure much of what Sean said and did on the show was being orchestrated by the producers, but still .... his confusion and lack of clarity as to which woman he wanted as his wife must have been very insulting to Catherine. Sean was probably spending a lot of time reassuring Catherine and trying to convince her that he was told to say all that stuff before that show aired last night so she wouldn't realize the extent of his indecision, I am guessing.
    After that final date, while she was sort of crying, Catherine said..."He must be crazy for both of us right now"...so I think even then she was aware of how Sean was feeling about the other women. She also said in an interview I saw somewhere today that she was aware of what was coming and that they had talked a lot about it. She did not seem to be upset in any way....unlike, say Emily with Brad. Catherine seemed pretty realistic about the person Sean was and how he behaved. I don't get the impression that she needed a lot of reassurance from Sean...just the fact that he picked her seems to be reassurance enough.
    AZChristian, ilja and Photobabe like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Not to me. He said he loved Lindsay he said he was in love with Catherine .He spoke from his heart, not easy to do.
    FM ... you are so very firmly in Sean's corner that I am starting to think you are his sister Shay!
    Pandora2 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    FM ... you are so very firmly in Sean's corner that I am starting to think you are his sister Shay!
    LOL. well now you ask.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    LOL. well now you ask.
    You are probably starting to think I'm AshLee!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Catherine
    Hometown: Seattle, WA

Who do you admire most in the world and why?
    Anyone who can look beyond themselves and unselfishly help others. Giving more than they may have. They are an example for us all.

Do you consider yourself a romantic and why?
    Absolutely. Love is the best and expressing it to someone is so special.

What are the top 3 things on your bucket list, and why?
    To eat traditional pasta in Italy, to go skiing in the Alps, and to ride an elephant in Thailand.

______________________________ ____________________________

Looking at the above writeup for Catherine again, I am wondering about a couple of things. If Catherine is a graphic designer does she fit into Sean's business in some way? I can't remember what IS his line of business. Also, how is it that the show managed to make her "bucket list" dream come true in Thailand? I thought the women didn't know in advance where the program locations were going to be.

You are probably starting to think I'm AshLee!
    That is so funny! I was just on my email, and I thought, I should post are you Ashlee.So funny echo
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I kind of felt bad for Lindsey at the ATFR, when she kept questioning Sean about what went wrong between them, why didn't he choose her, etc. He tried to answer in as tactful a way as possible, but she kept harping on him for a concrete reason she could wrap her brain around. What did she expect him to say: You're incredible, but not as incredible as Catherine? I felt I could never say goodbye to Catherine, but I knew I could say goodbye to you? Whenever I thought about hearing your voice for the rest of my life, I got a migraine?

Really, what do the F2's expect the leads to say? It's always going to be something vague and unsatisfying to their need to know. The F1 is the person they fell more in love with ... let it go and move on.

I think Catherine had a strategic plan going in both with the notes and staying away from the drama. She deftly set herself apart, and above which shows a lot of head mixed in with the heart.

That's totally what I was thinking. Catherine was one shrewd cookie in how she handled herself. I remember admiring how she refused to get sucked into the Tierra drama. If I recall, I even commented on that here. And then in AFTR, when she talked about the letters, I laughed. Basically, she and Sean were carrying on a private romance all these weeks, which meant that Sean was going through the motions. I don't doubt that he was sincere in his feelings for Lindsay, but I think that he probably intended for Catherine to be F1 for quite a while.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that; didn't Ashley say the same thing about JP? The lead can't just walk out of his/her contract when they've found The One. I think it's to Sean's credit that he managed to be so patient and kind to the other women for all those weeks. It must have seemed like eternity.

As for his father doing the wedding, I think that would be really cool. My uncle is a minister, and he's done the weddings for myself, my sisters, and most of my cousins (including his own children). I think it's really sweet and just makes the ceremony more meaningful.
    NEPASue, Photobabe and Midol like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Closed Thread