Closed Thread
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

I'm trying to remember during the hometown visits whether there was a Dad in Catherine's family. I remember her Mom and her two sisters but don't recall a Dad. Was anything ever mentioned about whether he was deceased or divorced from her mother? Sean has such a solid Christian family background, nothing has been said about Catherine's religious background. Does anyone else remember?

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    I'm trying to remember during the hometown visits whether there was a Dad in Catherine's family. I remember her Mom and her two sisters but don't recall a Dad. Was anything ever mentioned about whether he was deceased or divorced from her mother? Sean has such a solid Christian family background, nothing has been said about Catherine's religious background. Does anyone else remember?
    Her dad lives overseas. She told Sean he wouldn't be there for the HTD and about his attempted suicide when she was younger.

Gathering that Catherine regularly goes to church on Sundays with her BFF, I'm going guess she has something religious beliefs, and is probably a Christian.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    Evidently he lives in Taiwan. He was "depressed" and tried to commit suicide a couple of times. There is a lot out there about his legal problems, tax debts, etc.
    I don't think he is coming in for the wedding.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Too funny - so mister "I am not in this for fame/tv exposure" is now getting married on ABC!

To use his own words... shocker! NOT

I skipped through the majority of the dates (snoozers!), but did watch the family reaction, and him letting Lindsay go. Lindsey handled it super well. Proposal was meh, didn't bring any tears about for me, but that's no surprise either. I still find it absolutely hysterical that now Sean is getting married on national tv... hypocrite!

Is it just me or did he have the deer caught in headlights look about him? Me thinks that maybe Catherine is pushing for a quick wedding. Well, I won't be watching it that's for sure. Best of luck to them.

So super happy this season is over! Now on to something that's actually entertaining I hope lol! Seriously, I would have stopped watching a long time ago if it wasn't just to come on here and chat with you wonderful Forters! Best part of the show for me was getting to see Des!

See ya'll on the B'ette boards!
    I think I watched even less than you did. I think I watched the first episode before the hometown dates, and have only written that one comment on that show, where I observed that I saw Sean saying the exact same things to each girl and could understand why each girl felt they were the one. I also said I guess I was all Bachelored out as time after time we saw these same scenes of ATFR where each couple were so in love with each other and then eventually you would here they were not together any longer. I wasn't going to make a comment, as I know the majority of the people are very happy with the outcome, and believe me I wish them all the best and really hope they are one of the few that do make it.

I didn't watch this at actual airing time as it was recorded on my DVR. I still have the same observation that I had from that other show. I can see why Lindsay felt confident that she was the one, because I heard him say things to her that made her feel that way. One thing in particular was when they were back at where she was staying and they were kissing away she told him she felt nervous, and he told her don't be nervous. Right there if I was her I would have felt confident myself. Then we heard Sean himself say "she was his best friend," "she's the one for me", and other things of that nature. Even as he was letting her go he tells her he loves her. He still has no concrete reason other than he loves Catherine more. Maybe it's just me, but if I were Catherine that would bother me that she and Lindsay were neck and neck. That being said it is jmo and I give major props to Lindsay. I could have strangled CH because sometimes the questions he asks are way OTT. Again, drama all the way!

What you mentioned regarding Sean and his "I am not in this for fame/tv exposure" is now getting married on ABC! Now you can add he will be on DWTS. I knew this or was pretty sure about it as it was a strong rumor that I read a couple of weeks ago. I know these shows are all about drama and ratings, and the network is hoping that any Bachelor fans that don't already watch DWTS will now start watching it, and boost the ratings for the show. I understand their reasoning for wanting to do that, and not saying it is wrong. All these shows have the same objective. They will also pretend that Peta and Sean will have just started practicing, and be way behind the rest of the pack in hopes that they can at least keep him around for a bit. Again, not criticizing because all shows are after ratings and will do things in order to boost them.

Again, JMO, but feel that Sean said certain things that now we are learning are not at all what he said in the beginning. I wonder if once you are on these types of shows some people get caught up in the fame of it all. Maybe Sean has as well.

Regardless of my feelings on all this I still wish them both the very best and hope that it works out for them.
    NCLurker likes this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I keep looking for news reports about a series of fires started in Bangkok because some reckless kids decided to put some candles in balloons and set them off into the wind. Seriously, could you imagine one of those things landing on your roof? We've seen that Lindsay and Sean return to the states unscathed, but I wonder what the penalty for reckless arson is in Thailand.

I'm glad the *letter* was from Catherine. The way they were teasing it, I was beginning to think it was from Chris Harrison himself, weakened from those endless topless Sean scenes.

"Dear Sean, should you decide to forgo the proposal, this key is for a fantasy suite in the production trailer..."

Anyway, as far as I can tell from what the editors have put together, Sean couldn't have made a bad choice between the final two. Kudos to Lindsay for turning down 'ette. Somewhere, Sarah is sighing that she would be 'ette if she had two arms (even her sighs are nasally, somehow). It was good to see Jackie at the finale - she had more face time last night than she had during the entire two-month run of the show.
    ilja, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

It was obvious to me throughout the whole episode that Catherine was the choice. Even if you look at the way Lindsay was constantly leaning in to kiss Sean and Sean was more leaning toward Catherine and showed a lot of tenderness.

I also think the choice was pretty obvious in the family meetings .... They knew too.

The Last Dates were also telling. Floating down the river? Gee ... was that on Lindsay's Bucket list?

There was ... um ... an elephant in the room during the evening dates.

Sean is a lucky guy ... I am not sure yet about Catherine.

ETA: What was Sean carrying in his hand when he left Catherine's suite the last night?
    Last edited by echo226; 03-12-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion, Doyu Gems Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    What you mentioned regarding Sean and his "I am not in this for fame/tv exposure" is now getting married on ABC! Now you can add he will be on DWTS...

Again, JMO, but feel that Sean said certain things that now we are learning are not at all what he said in the beginning. I wonder if once you are on these types of shows some people get caught up in the fame of it all. Maybe Sean has as well.
    But given that the "pay" for being Bachelor is very low and the checks he'll receive for the wedding and DWTS are both likely in six figures, how does he turn that down? Essentially, they're getting a nice house in return for a few more weeks of attention. I don't think it's inconsistent with wanting to keep a low profile.

Trista and Ryan felt very strongly that they wanted to keep a low profile. Ryan just wanted to be a fireman and they wanted to start a family together. But televising their wedding, I believe, gave them $1 million (I'm sure it's far less for Sean and Catherine because ratings have dropped a lot since then). A friend of mine is connected in some way to Ryan (I can't mention the details) and told me they simply couldn't turn it down because it gave them the opportunity to purchase a nice house in Vail, where they really wanted to live. It gave them the opportunity to set up their lives together away from the cameras.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    But given that the "pay" for being Bachelor is very low and the checks he'll receive for the wedding and DWTS are both likely in six figures, how does he turn that down? Essentially, they're getting a nice house in return for a few more weeks of attention. I don't think it's inconsistent with wanting to keep a low profile.

Trista and Ryan felt very strongly that they wanted to keep a low profile. Ryan just wanted to be a fireman and they wanted to start a family together. But televising their wedding, I believe, gave them $1 million (I'm sure it's far less for Sean and Catherine because ratings have dropped a lot since then). A friend of mine is connected in some way to Ryan (I can't mention the details) and told me they simply couldn't turn it down because it gave them the opportunity to purchase a nice house in Vail, where they really wanted to live. It gave them the opportunity to set up their lives together away from the cameras.
    I never saw once where Sean said he wouldn't do DWTS given the money.I think he should jump at the chance, WTG to be debt free
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sean carried what looked to be a homemade scrapbook(let) when he left Catherine's room. She probably made a memory book for him, but they probably had to edit the giving out because of time.
    Midol likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't know any of that about Catherine's father. Did they talk about that at the hometown date or beforehand? I guess I wasn't listening closely enough. But thanks for clearing that up. I think that Sean and Catherine don't have compatible backgrounds and that eventually that will come between them, but who am I to say? Hopefully, true love will prevail, but I admit I am very skeptical of Bachelor/Bachelorette relationships in general. The only one I was convinced about recently was Ashley and JP.

Closed Thread