Closed Thread
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/11 Bachelor 17 FINALE/ATFR **West Coast Spoilers**

I love Sean & Catherine together and the proposal made me cry!

I really, really hope these two have a long and happy life together but I still think it's too soon to tell. All of my serious relationships have started the same way (and I had a few before getting married in my 40s!)-- I think everyone is giddy in love at first -- and optimistic, and hopeful, and you think the other person is absolutely perfect and it will always be like that.

But as with every couple in the first few months, these two really don't know each other yet, and I'm still afraid their differences will pull them apart when the glitz goes away and real life sets in. Even the time they've spent together since the proposal isn't real life -- it's a free extended vacation in nice hotels.

That's why they say to let your love grow through a year of seasons before committing to the future. Hopefully they will do that, but it doesn't sound like it -- especially with a big paycheck waiting for the televised wedding.

That's the frustration with this show, that it's all way too soon to tell whether you're compatible in the long run. Infatuation and lust and excitement and fantasy are the easy part. I just hope that Sean & Catherine make it through all of that and still love each other when the dust settles -- I really do!

BTW -- I was watching Sean's last show with Emily over the weekend and I am struck by how much prettier I think Catherine is than Emily. I'm not partial to the Barbie doll look anyway, but Catherine is such a natural beauty.
    dzigner, Shoepie, NEPASue and 3 others like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Both Sean and Chris' last blogs are posted in their blog threads.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't believe that a long engagement greatly increases the chance of a long happy marriage. I have friends who married less than 6 months after meeting and other friends who dated for years before marriage. Some from each group are still together, some are divorced. I am so looking forward to this wedding!
    AZChristian and ilja like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I love Sean & Catherine together and the proposal made me cry!

I really, really hope these two have a long and happy life together but I still think it's too soon to tell. All of my serious relationships have started the same way (and I had a few before getting married in my 40s!)-- I think everyone is giddy in love at first -- and optimistic, and hopeful, and you think the other person is absolutely perfect and it will always be like that.

But as with every couple in the first few months, these two really don't know each other yet, and I'm still afraid their differences will pull them apart when the glitz goes away and real life sets in. Even the time they've spent together since the proposal isn't real life -- it's a free extended vacation in nice hotels.

That's why they say to let your love grow through a year of seasons before committing to the future. Hopefully they will do that, but it doesn't sound like it -- especially with a big paycheck waiting for the televised wedding.

That's the frustration with this show, that it's all way too soon to tell whether you're compatible in the long run. Infatuation and lust and excitement and fantasy are the easy part. I just hope that Sean & Catherine make it through all of that and still love each other when the dust settles -- I really do!
    I too hope they wait.
    All they have to do to realize how very important it is to wait is for them to add up the actual amount of time they have spent together so far.

It can't even be a month, maybe more like a week taking the time after the filming into account.
    Or they could just read the studies done on the brain that show the distinct differences between the brain state of being in the "Infatuation" stage (which is what they are currently in) versus the very different kind of brain activity that occurs with the state of being in mature and aware "Love."

Two very different stages in relationships with very different associated kinds of decision-making.

Too funny - so mister "I am not in this for fame/tv exposure" is now getting married on ABC!

To use his own words... shocker! NOT

I skipped through the majority of the dates (snoozers!), but did watch the family reaction, and him letting Lindsay go. Lindsey handled it super well. Proposal was meh, didn't bring any tears about for me, but that's no surprise either. I still find it absolutely hysterical that now Sean is getting married on national tv... hypocrite!

Is it just me or did he have the deer caught in headlights look about him? Me thinks that maybe Catherine is pushing for a quick wedding. Well, I won't be watching it that's for sure. Best of luck to them.

So super happy this season is over! Now on to something that's actually entertaining I hope lol! Seriously, I would have stopped watching a long time ago if it wasn't just to come on here and chat with you wonderful Forters! Best part of the show for me was getting to see Des!

See ya'll on the B'ette boards!
    bachelorwatcher likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I don't believe that a long engagement greatly increases the chance of a long happy marriage. I have friends who married less than 6 months after meeting and other friends who dated for years before marriage. Some from each group are still together, some are divorced. I am so looking forward to this wedding!
    Same here .Quite a few actually.

I was wondering, could his father marry them if they wanted? or does it have to be CH ? sorry- I can only take so much of CH. OTOH, It would be way too emotional if his father did it, I love Sean's family. Catherine is a lucky girl.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Although I didn't stay up last night to see the announcement of Desiree being the Bachelorette, I am really excited for her and her season.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Although I didn't stay up last night to see the announcement of Desiree being the Bachelorette, I am really excited for her and her season.
    I wish I felt that way. I wonder why Lindsay turned it down? I don't know why Des was in tears already, as CH said, its going to be looooooong season if she is crying already. I like her, I don't love her. Maybe its nice to take a break from the show, & she already started on the " am open to love" schtick .

I wish her well( just lock the brother in the attic)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Do you recall Sean's visit to Catherine's home? I don't see the fit at all. Maybe I missed it.

It's difficult to say what's real, what will last, can their survive reality tv, etc.? I do find it amusing that when Sean's dad asked Catherine and Lindsey about how you can tell it's right, BEFORE you get married, they avoided the question. In fact, I don't think Catherine even understood the question. They just went on with some response that didn't address the question. I guess they were scared to say they couldn't know for certain and that sometimes you have to have faith and work to make it work.

I do like Catherine, but I suspect there will be issues to dealing with her that Sean has not yet encountered. I keep thinking of what her mom and sisters tried to tell him.

I hope their wedding goes well though. I'm not into tv weddings and will just come here and read about it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I agree -- I don't think you need to be "engaged" at all in order to have a good marriage. In fact sometimes people get so caught up in the wedding that they lose track of the marriage itself. I think you can spend some time getting to know each other and then just show up at a courthouse one day and do as well.

My point is just that it is too soon to tell whether Sean & Catherine are really well suited for each other, or just still in the crazy infatuation stage. It often does work, long-term IRL, but how many couples have we seen on this show who got engaged after a couple of months on a TV show and sat on the couch together planning their future and it didn't work? They all start the same way.

I do see something in this couple that I didn't see in some others but I think some -- like Ali & Roberto -- had us all fooled, so I just think it's too soon to tell.
    bachelorwatcher, NEPASue and Midol like this.

Closed Thread