Closed Thread
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Thread: 3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    So does a man smiling translate into frat-boy in Ashleeland?
    I don't know her mind. I wouldn't want to be there though She is, imnsho - a Bunny Boiler
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    When I saw it, I thought it was computer-generated with a script font. I've only known one person in my life who writes like that - because the nuns would smack her knuckles with a ruler for less than perfect penmanship otherwise. (Not me.)
    I'm not Catholic, AZChristian, but I did have a 5th grade teacher who would take points off for cursive writing that dipped below the blue lines on our paper. I've written with a straight hand ever since. (The "script fonts" I pen are just from years of practice.) I would love to meet your friend!
    NEPASue and AZChristian like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Masquinya View Post
    I agree. When she said that he indicated that she should not "worry about the other girls" I can easily see her grilling him behind closed doors and him telling her not to "worry about the other girls" and concentrate on him. It's amazing what context can do to the meaning of a phrase.
    AshLee is one messed up woman. I'm sorry, she was adopted at age 6 into a loving, extremely supportive family and has had an ideal family life ever since. This abandonment "crap" should be saved for people who really did have it rough.

Get over yourself AshLee - thank heavens Sean saw through it!

Buhbye Girl
    I think this is spot on. I have no doubt that AshLee had a pretty good filter going every time Sean spoke -- forgetting the negative stuff, exaggerating the positive, and twisting the rest to suit her fantasy. And her saying she thought he was a Southern Gentleman just reinforced that belief for me -- she had an idea of what she wanted him to be that turned into what she thought he really was, that fed into what she wanted to believe they had together. Pretty shaky foundation all the way around.
    NEPASue, Midol and AlwaysVeg like this.

I think AshLee built up an unrealistic view of Sean throughout the season. She wanted so badly for him to be this perfect guy and when hes wasn't by him dumping her she looked for any way to knock him off that pedestal. Even if she the one that put him up there and not him. She viewed everything he said and did through that "perfect guy" filter which probably led her to misreading his body language and not fully comprehending what he was saying. It's entirely possible he made a comment like "the other girls don't matter when I'm with you" or "what I have with you is nothing like what I have with you." Both of these are completely true but when interpreted through AshLee's mind meant she was the final one because their relationship is so much more than the other ones when that's not what he said at all. The truth of this situation lies somewhere between what they both believe to be the truth. It happens, and probably quite often on this show.

With that said, I think AshLee harping on it and not letting it go reflects badly on her. Bring it up once, fine. Have your peace. But not letting it go and continuing to talk about it in every post WTA interview is too much and leaves a bad impression.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Someone said ... and I don't know who it was ... maybe Jimmy Kimmel ? ... that AshLee and Sean um ... consummated their relationship in the fantasy suite and then he sent her home?
    I believe JK said that in jest. Sean has been very clear that only talking went on in that fantasy suite. In addition, AshLee called him a true Southern gentleman and I doubt she would have if he hadn't acted in a gentlemanly manner. Jeeze...I sound like Miss Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.
    dzigner, NEPASue and Fanny Mare like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I believe JK said that in jest. Sean has been very clear that only talking went on in that fantasy suite. In addition, AshLee called him a true Southern gentleman and I doubt she would have if he hadn't acted in a gentlemanly manner. Jeeze...I sound like Miss Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.
    LOL! yes, you do
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    And if Matthew Macfadyen or Colin Firth showed up as Mr. Darcy, I wouldn't care if they were "Southern gentlemen" or not. They were both SO GOOD in that role.
    Need40winks and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchristian View Post
    and if matthew macfadyen or colin firth showed up as mr. Darcy, i wouldn't care if they were "southern gentlemen" or not. They were both so good in that role.
    Aaaaaaaaaaamen!

AZChristian, you might be my new best friend -- along with Midol, of course, for even mentioning Pride and Prejudice.
    BuckeyeAddict and AZChristian like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I sure can't. I have trouble writing straight on lined paper. I am oriented to letters and numbers, words and math. When it comes to anything visual or graphic, a toddler can do it better than I.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

AshLee?

ness sighs, shakes head.

I've just read quickly through the latest posts.

Bless Sean's heart, he not only dodged ONE bullet (Tierrable), he dodged TWO (AshLee).

Based on what I recall/remember seeing of Sean throughout this journey (SORRY, Y'ALL, I JUST HAD TO GO THERE! ), I have to come down on his side of things about their WTA tango.

1. Regardless of whether or not I'd like to give him credit for it, I really, truly believe that all during this process, Sean absolutely WAS extra careful to not try to say anything that would make any of the women feel as though he was locking himself into a "happily ever after" scenario with ANY of 'em. Two reasons: Not only do I think TPTB nailed it into his head that he had to be careful with that (after all, they wanted to have us following the show like soggy puppies for the entire season!), but --- call me an idiot --- I honestly don't believe he is the type of person that is so loose with his tongue that he would NOT be extremely careful about what comes off it.

2. Based on what I've seen of Sean, he's been more than pretty consistent in that if, for whatever reason at whatever point in time he ain't feelin' you, you're gone. Couple of cases in point: Sarah, and Leslie, from the "Pretty Woman" date. Sarah lasted longer than Leslie did. But it seemed to me than when he'd made up his mind, that was it. And no, neither of those exits was particularly pretty or handled with much finesse, but, everybody's human and you can't have everything, I suppose.

Bottom line: He MIGHT'VE seriously been into AshLee at one point, but she stepped in it and smeared it around, so SHE made herself a no-go.

We've all pretty much come to the conclusion that AshLee has issues. SERIOUS issues. I have to say that I DO get a BBB (i.e., Bunny Boilin' Bitch) vibe from her. Not to a Tierrable extent, perhaps, but, for me, it's there. DEFINITELY.

The ordering the ring. The Machete Eyes. The "You SAID it! WHY DON'T YOU JUST SAY YOU SAID IT!" at the WTA. Even floating her that the TPTB might've asked or TOLD her to show her ass like that at the WTA session (as an "audition", as it were, for The Bette), WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE COERCED, BULLIED, WHATEVER, INTO MAKING YOURSELF APPEAR LIKE AN UNHINGED, BALL-BREAKING LUNATIC? Just to get the lead on a freakin' TV SHOW?

What bachelor in his right mind would see that and sign up for this circus if YOU were The Bette, after he saw that?

Far as I'm concerned, AshLee did much, much better with the ME, and saying little or nothing during her exit. She should've LEFT it at that.

Why?

Because coming in and coming out swinging and throwing darts at Sean on the WTA like she did, she made herself appear to BE a 14-carat BBB.

And at the end of the day, she has nobody to blame for that but herself.

JMHO, and good riddance to cray-cray rubbish.
    Last edited by ness; 03-06-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    NEPASue, AZChristian, ilja and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Closed Thread