Closed Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Thread: 3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/4 Bachelor 17: The Women Tell All **West Coast Spoilers**

You are right, I saw that for the first time last night, when she accused Sean of making that statement. What makes me believe he did say that or something very similiar, is the way his eyes were darding every where but at her. When they went off the air, for a short period and they were talking, then came back on. He was looking her directly in her eyes but he had also come up with...he may have said something to lead her to believe that, if so, he was sorry.

That having been said, i believe Ashlee said that out of anger, after, he told her he decided he needed more fun in his marrage and he didn't believe he could have that fun with her. But, in my opinion, neither should have said what they did.

It would have been better left with the tried and true, "I developed deeper feelings for the other two girls during the last week." If he couldn't have fun with her, why wasn't she sent home sooner? The longer you stay the stronger the bond! That statment, put his feelings on a personal level and a personal attack on Ashlee as an individual. I've never seen another bachelor be that callous. I lost a lot of respect for, Sean last night.

Also, on the overnight date, knowing she thought she would be choosen, he should have started privately preparing her for going home. He had shown that respect before..why not with Ashley. She would have been hurt, but not blind sided for the world to see. From what was shown of the over-night date, I thought he acted like he was crazy about her, holding her hand and kissing it. That is a strong romantic gesture.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar

So if Tierra got engaged in January .. as she coyly told Chris H... could it possibly be a breach of her contract??? Not knowing the contract .. but I assume that these girls can't say anything to friends and families until after they are eliminated and the show in which they are eliminated is shown...

If she was wearing that "Diamond ring" since January... wouldn't it have been "found out"? .. Some tabloid... especially after the show began.. and Tierra doesn't strike me as the type of person who would not wear it for three months before putting it on...
    Wasting away another summer...

Yeah, but don't you recall that video taped message the 3 girls recorded for Sean? Ashlee's seemed too much, all over the place and desperate. Like she knew it was over....and if he had really told her there was nothing with the the other two, she wouldn't have needed to feel like making that desperate video. She would have been more confident. That inclines me to NOT believe her.

Besides, there would have been no reason for him to have told her that. It's not like he needed to win her over. And certainly by then he knew she was a little unstable. He wouldn't have fed into that.

I think the followup comment Sean made when they came back from the commercial was something they were instructing him to say on that little earpiece in his ear. Trying to satisfy her.
    Midol and Pandora2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Of the two that're left standing, I can see Sean with Cat (despite her two jealous sisters), before I can see him with Lindsay.

I mean, I look at Lindsay, and all I can see in my mind's eye is her sitting on a "Romper Room" set, somewhere.

I think Sean just may be a wee tad bit more evolved than that.

But if Linds is who he chooses as F1, frankly, I'll be asking myself if his thinking about General Daddy might've played in to his decision, in some way.

Just sayin'.
    Interesting, I thought the same thing. I wasn't going to bring it up, but since you did...I will add my two cents worth, which is not worth very much these days.

I haven't seen the chemistry or sparkling personally that is so obvious with Catherine. What I am able to remember is her eating bugs, playing with whatever it was on the beach and making 0ut with Sean. (I seemed to zone out when she was being show, don't know why.) But, Sean certainly seemed impressed with her family.

It will be interesting to see who he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeboy View Post
    You are right, I saw that for the first time last night, when she accused Sean of making that statement. What makes me believe he did say that or something very similiar, is the way his eyes were darding every where but at her. When they went off the air, for a short period and they were talking, then came back on. He was looking her directly in her eyes but he had also come up with...he may have said something to lead her to believe that, if so, he was sorry.

That having been said, i believe Ashlee said that out of anger, after, he told her he decided he needed more fun in his marrage and he didn't believe he could have that fun with her. But, in my opinion, neither should have said what they did.

It would have been better left with the tried and true, "I developed deeper feelings for the other two girls during the last week." If he couldn't have fun with her, why wasn't she sent home sooner? The longer you stay the stronger the bond! That statment, put his feelings on a personal level and a personal attack on Ashlee as an individual. I've never seen another bachelor be that callous. I lost a lot of respect for, Sean last night.

Also, on the overnight date, knowing she thought she would be choosen, he should have started privately preparing her for going home. He had shown that respect before..why not with Ashley. She would have been hurt, but not blind sided for the world to see. From what was shown of the over-night date, I thought he acted like he was crazy about her, holding her hand and kissing it. That is a strong romantic gesture.
    Sean said some very glowing things about AshLee last night and throughout the season lest we forget. She asked him why and he told her that there was something missing and that was that playful side he has with Lindsay and Catherine. I don't think AshLee was upset to hear that because it's probably not the first time she has been told she can be too serious. Heck, several of the girls said the same this season in their exit interviews. I don't fault Sean for being honest with her just like I don't fault her for asking. It's also worth noting that AshLee's date that week was the first one. His next two dates very well could have changed things for him than what he originally thought was going to be the final two.

If nothing else, last night made it abundantly clear why Sean and AshLee would never work.

I must of been watching a different set of fantasy dates because I felt Sean was most detached with her. JMO
    Last edited by umngirl; 03-05-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    NEPASue, ilja and Midol like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I believe he said that too. He had the deer-in-the-headlights look a few times. He was clearly nervous & trying to do damage control. When in trouble, deny deny deny.
    It reminded me of the 1st episode segment with Arie when they were practicing how to send someone home & Arie said something like "That's not what you said in the Fantasy Suite" as a joke. Some joke now!

I think a lot of things are said in private & in Fantasy Suites simply because the lead isn't supposed to give anything away. They try to make the girls/women/contestants feel secure. Until they're not.
    I don't think it's deliberate meanness or the lead gets any pleasure out of leading them on, it's just part of the game. And it IS a game.

One thing that AshLee seems to have forgotten is that this is the nature of the show & this is what she signed up for, just like all the others.

I'm wondering just how Sean's F1 felt about all that.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agree 100%. I don't think she won any fans last night. But I do wonder if it was a "test run" to see how audiences would receive it. I do think the set up was Des last night. ...
    I think you're right about Des. Especially with the talk of the producers putting Des's brother up to the second talk - it kind of reminds me of Ali's weird meltdown in the hotel hallway - another scene that seemed staged.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I believe he said that too. He had the deer-in-the-headlights look a few times. He was clearly nervous & trying to do damage control. When in trouble, deny deny deny....
    I also think there must be a lot of truth in what AshLee said because of how Sean reacted.
    sclilred1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    It sure would be nice for the star of each season to be able to see each of the girls during one of their angry moments. Tonight was an eye-opener for me about a side of AshLee's personality that wasn't shown during the regular season's footage. He claims he sent AshLee home because she didn't introduce enough laughter. Was that simply his POLITE way of saying she's too intense, i.e. too angry/controlling/etc.? Or, had he truly never seen that passive attack side of her, and truly just thought she wasn't a laugher?

What are Catherine's and Lindsey's angry sides like? Do they fight fair? Isn't that something important to find out before you get engaged? This show doesn't really allow for any fighting. Too few weeks, and too risky (from the show's perspective).
    That's probally why so few couples stay together for more then two or three months.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Agree 100%. I don't think she won any fans last night. But I do wonder if it was a "test run" to see how audiences would receive it. I do think the set up was Des last night. I also wonder in the back of my head if we will hear Kacie's name at some point? She's been on twice. Although her leaving so early this season and not really playing a big part kind of plays against that.
    Did she even speak last night? all I saw of Kacie was her wrinkling her forehead and looking, well, looking like boring Kacie.

Des is okay, I think I said from the start, there was something off about her.Then on again, then off. I can't place it . I don't care to watch her in May.
    Lesley( who I think would be the fun bacherlotte) was asked if Ashlee were a bully, I played that bit back, she was very near to saying yes, when Ashlee confronted Tierra , but instead Lesley said well, it had to be said.Actually - it didn't have to be said, they could have all ignored Tierra

Final two- fingers crossed for Cat!
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I believe he said that too. He had the deer-in-the-headlights look a few times. He was clearly nervous & trying to do damage control. When in trouble, deny deny deny.
    It reminded me of the 1st episode segment with Arie when they were practicing how to send someone home & Arie said something like "That's not what you said in the Fantasy Suite" as a joke. Some joke now!

I think a lot of things are said in private & in Fantasy Suites simply because the lead isn't supposed to give anything away. They try to make the girls/women/contestants feel secure. Until they're not.
    I don't think it's deliberate meanness or the lead gets any pleasure out of leading them on, it's just part of the game. And it IS a game.

One thing that AshLee seems to have forgotten is that this is the nature of the show & this is what she signed up for, just like all the others.

I'm wondering just how Sean's F1 felt about all that.
    Just my two cents, based on my own experience: I also react like that when I am so absolutely shocked by what someone has said to me that I truly don't even know how to respond. It's like the things that person are saying happened to a different person, because I KNOW they didn't happen to me and I am truly stumped as to how someone could mis-read so enormously what I DID say. I honestly think either is a possibility. But I personally never saw guilt from Sean last night - I saw honest surprise. I think he said something and she heard what she wanted to hear. He is truly stumped because what she heard is not what he said - and he doesn't even remember what he said that was close.

I also agreed with what he said last night that at some point you have to have certain conversations with a person and "see" yourself with them to be able to keep the other girls out of your head and give each girl a chance. It happens every season. I think it is interesting, if true, that AshLee's date really was the first of the three taped.
    NCLurker, ness, alizarules and 8 others like this.

Closed Thread