Closed Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: 2/25 Bachelor 17: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 2/25 Bachelor 17: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

When you are spoiled, it is like watching a rerun. You know the script and the actors and the ending. When you are unspoiled, it is like seeing a show or movie for the first time with no expectations. If one likes to read the last page of story first, then spoiling is for you...if you like to start with the preface and read page by page, non-spoiling is for you.

Remember, though, that FoRT is watching the episodes unfold as they happen. It will be very difficult to ignore the social media and mags until after the Finale, BUT WE WILL PERSEVERE!!!
    ilja and Baby's Breath like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I am unspoiled .I didn't want to know.I knew the F4 last time. This time, nope. I sure don't want to know who sent the letter, although I admit that part is killing me.

This is hard!!! But kind of fun too
    I agree, but I have to tell anyone that speaks with me, that I dont want to know.Same with survivor
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I admire those of you who can stay unspoiled. I have zero willpower. I knew as soon as it was online. But I also read spoilers for all the tv shows I watch and read the endings of books first.

I love reading what you all have to say. The unspoiled perspective is always interesting to me.
    cubsfan55, judkay and KatesMom like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    When you are spoiled, it is like watching a rerun. You know the script and the actors and the ending. When you are unspoiled, it is like seeing a show or movie for the first time with no expectations. If one likes to read the last page of story first, then spoiling is for you...if you like to start with the preface and read page by page, non-spoiling is for you.
    Oh, I totally get those analogies and understand fully why you choose to be unspoiled.
    And I could explain the slew of sound reasons why I am, for the first time ever, spoiled, but I won't because it doesn't matter.

Bottom line: it's all about personal choice, and I'm happy with the one I made.
    judkay likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

The Bachelor/ette is the only show I have to know spoilers for. I blame Jason/Melissa/Molly. Once I learned how much things are manipulated behind the scenes and in the edit, there was just no stopping me. I really like to see how and why they are manipulating the things they do. If I know who makes it far, I pay closer attention and spot things that I would have missed otherwise. I have to admit it helped me figure out some of the other shows I watch as well, and surprisingly it has made me more observant in my real life. It also helps me not go crazy at this time of the season when they are throwing out all their tricks to create doubt as to who is the winner. I have to add, it has actually helped keep me from forming as strong attachments to the contestants. I still like to watch with some unspoiled people, just to hear their opinions and to see if the tricks producers are pulling are working. I have to say that my circle of unspoiled viewers has gotten smaller as the season wore on,since they were really frustrated because they were having trouble seeing really clear connections or they saw too many connections and wanted to know the finalists. Even with all of that, some were still shocked when AshLee went home because they thought she was F1.
    Need40winks, Pandora2 and Babbred like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread