Closed Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree432Likes

Thread: 2/25 Bachelor 17: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 2/25 Bachelor 17: Episode 9 **West Coast Spoilers**

They went ice trucking and played in the freezing wind and snow. Other than that, no.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    So I am just rewatching parts of the show and have a question. Both Lindsey and AshLee were tested by Sean...eating bugs and going through the cave. They were both on the polar bear plunge group date. I can't remember their one on one dates since they were so boring, but I don't recall him testing Catherine in any way...ever. Am I wrong in that? or am I just forgetting? ... and if not, why did she not need to be tested in any way?
    She played with him in the blizzard, but never complained about it. That didn't seem like a test, although Sean did say that she passed the blizzard test.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

To the Point

You know, personally I don't think Sean is really testing these girls to determine whether they truly care for him. I believe that it is partly production driven and partly his trying to learn something about these girls, but I don't think it has anything to do with what they think of him. It probably has far more to do with his trying to figure out what he feels for them.
    umngirl, Alexxxx, ilja and 2 others like this.

Um, no Lindsey... wandering around a local market in Thailand is not exactly a "normal vacation" and a good example of what life will be like once the cameras stop rolling. Going to your local grocery store in sweats on a Saturday morning after throwing in a load of laundry and getting the kids dressed maybe... but traveling halfway around the world to shop for local delicacies without thinking about what anything costs and going home to a plush hotel room? Not so much.

I haven't been able to figure out why Lindsey doesn't seem to be grabbing me (apart from the grating voice) but I think it's just that she seems extremely dull. Like Sean in a way. Both very nice, to be sure, but not exactly the most riveting duo we've seen on this show. Maybe well suited to each other, just not fun to watch. And this show is all about being fun to watch, right? :-)
    dzigner, NEPASue, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    So I am just rewatching parts of the show and have a question. Both Lindsey and AshLee were tested by Sean...eating bugs and going through the cave. They were both on the polar bear plunge group date. I can't remember their one on one dates since they were so boring, but I don't recall him testing Catherine in any way...ever. Am I wrong in that? or am I just forgetting? ... and if not, why did she not need to be tested in any way?
    Evidently she passed the nerd test early on, but we didn't get to see it. I get the feeling Sean feels like he needs to measure up to Catherine as well, like she's the only one that holds any mystery for him. That's a good thing for an adventure-seeking nerd. Well played, Catherine.
    ilja, Photobabe, Midol and 1 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred
    And for the record, you can have romance without sex. When we were dating, hubby and I would sometimes stay up late, snuggling and listening to music or watching a movie. But who knows, maybe you can learn more about your life partner while playing cards!
    ITA! You CAN learn a lot about a person by playing cards/boardgames/sport with them. When dating, I usually try to involve some aspect of game playing to gain further insight into their true personality. It has worked out well for me in the past.

Awww. I knew it was going to be AshLee tonight. Her ITM's gave it away along with Sean talking about how sweet and loving the person was.

Once again, AshLee needs to concentrate on those who DO love her, not the two she perceives who don't/didn't. I don't think she is crazy/bunny boiler but she is looking to be loved by a good man. She was a little too intense for this process, but she would make a wonderful wife/mother for a man who is similar to Sean. Strong morals/faith, solid, family man with integrity. She will eventually find that man. Especially with her father as her role model. She left that Bachelor bubble quite abruptly didn't she?

Despite Sean being a different type of Bachelor, I still don't see him marrying his final choice. He'll give it a good shot, but won't take the plunge. Being on DWTS (potentially) won't help matters of the heart.
    rileymeboy, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I love Thailand, I love the simplicity , the wonderful sunsets , I just love it all
    I felt sure Sean was going to keep Ashlee and Catherine. I saw nothing between him and Lindsay, and everything between Sean and Catherine. Catherine is stunningly beautiful in a very natural way, she doesn't even know how lovely she is is . I saw a lot of passion when he kissed her on the boat..my oh my

Ashlee, when she went into that cave, it reminded me of myself and how scared I was in Costa Rica and a similar cave, my hubby was there for me( thank god) so I knew exactly how she felt..she loved Sean, she has imho, through this time become a more open person, a more lovable person. I am sad she was sent home, I think he made a mistake, but I don't think she would be the F1, not seeing him with Catherine.But then I was wrong tonight.
    When Sean was talking with CH, you could tell how much he hated to hurt anyone, he has a good heart.that boy, he really does.Now Ashlee's wall will go up again

When he was watching Ashlee's video he kept swallowing, he does that when he's nervous. Thats when I thought it may be her going home..

Lindsay, I have nothing... I think they must have footage of those two they haven't showed.
    I think the letter he gets is from Ashlee..
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-26-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    rileymeboy likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

OK, I'm confused (I know... they've got me right where they want me....). When Sean & Chris were talking it sounded like Sean already had his F1 picked out. And when he said he'd had some questions and they had been answered that week, I was thinking it was Catherine as he was pretty open about his concerns regarding their lives/paths meshing.

But then the preview footage made it look like he was genuinely torn between Catherine and Lindsey. My guess is that's mostly editing as TPTB want us to spend the next 2 weeks on pins & needles -- I really got the impression that he was in love with Catherine and had made up his mind.

I also think that maybe if he knows that at this point, he sent AshLee home first as he assumed it would be easier on her this week than next.

Who knows. He does seem to have feelings for Lindsey but I think at this point it's more about not wanting to make a mistake than being genuinely torn between two women. The chemistry and ease with Catherine seemed pretty certain, and he seemed to be looking at her with such love. If he didn't have a serious contract calling the shots, there was a moment when I think he would have just blurted it out.
    NEPASue, Alexxxx, ilja and 3 others like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Chris Harrison's blog is posted in his blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I feel bad for AshLee and I get that she's hurt because she trusted Sean and opened up to him, but seriously, she kind of got herself in over her head.

Anyone who has ever seen this show knows there are always several women/men hearing the same words, and to invest so heavily in someone and the idea of a future with them when there are several other people in the picture is just not a smart thing to do. It's challenging enough to trust those feelings/thoughts about the future when you're in a committed relationship!

I think AshLee will go on to find someone who is a better match for her, and she will look back and appreciate that Sean was the one who helped her learn to trust again. And that without that experience, she might not have been ready for the right one when he walked into her life.

And hopefully in the meantime, she will try to heal her internal pain and stop looking for someone else to make her whole.
    rileymeboy, NEPASue, ilja and 1 others like this.

Closed Thread