Closed Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoiler**

My point is that Sean's idea of where to go to find a quality woman for a wife is to go on a reality TV show. If he really cared about inner beauty, he would chose someone who maybe volunteers to help the less fortunate.

Am I the only one who saw the contradiction the show took through the course of the night? At the beginning, Chris and Sean were trying to make it very obvious that they were filming this after the hometown date episode (last night you sent Des home, you're getting ready to head off to Thailand). Then later, when talking about Tierra, Sean went the opposite direction (as I watched the episodes back . . .). I know it was taped a few weeks ago, in reality. But why even try to convince us that you taped it months ago? Seemed very bizarre, and THEY couldn't even keep straight when it was "supposed" to be happening.
    NEPASue and Pandora2 like this.

A couple of points I wanted to make after watching last night:

Sean said as far as Lesley was concerned, it wasn't just that she wouldn't tell him she loved him, it was more the fact that they still had awkward moments between them as contrasted by a smoother, easier flow with the other women.

And as far as Des is concerned, he said, though he really cared for her, he was more reluctant to let the others go - he specifically mentioned Catharine in this regard. That doesn't mean he was just leading her on or making unfair judgements based on her brother's antics. I said before and I'll say again that you DO marry the family and her brother swayed things away from Des, but he said his feelings were stronger elsewhere.

I think it often confuses us because, with the "edit," we become convinced we know what is going on, when often they are using mis-direction to hide the final one. Someone mentioned on another thread how they made it look all along as though Trista would choose Charlie. It happens often on this show. When Meredith chose Ian, many people were saying "Who?????" Later they admitted they had to hide the interactions between the two of them or it would've become too obvious who she was choosing. That may be the case this season. Many have been thinking that Des is perfect for him and they have the most chemistry, when all along the real choice isn't getting the air time.
    NEPASue, KatesMom, Coco46 and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

Sean said as far as Lesley was concerned, it wasn't just that she wouldn't tell him she loved him, it was more the fact that they still had awkward moments between them as contrasted by a smoother, easier flow with the other women.

And as far as Des is concerned, he said, though he really cared for her, he was more reluctant to let the others go - he specifically mentioned Catharine in this regard. That doesn't mean he was just leading her on or making unfair judgements based on her brother's antics. I said before and I'll say again that you DO marry the family and her brother swayed things away from Des, but he said his feelings were stronger elsewhere.

I think it often confuses us because, with the "edit," we become convinced we know what is going on, when often they are using mis-direction to hide the final one. Someone mentioned on another thread how they made it look all along as though Trista would choose Charlie. It happens often on this show. When Meredith chose Ian, many people were saying "Who?????" Later they admitted they had to hide the interactions between the two of them or it would've become too obvious who she was choosing. That may be the case this season. Many have been thinking that Des is perfect for him and they have the most chemistry, when all along the real choice isn't getting the air time.
    I wish I could make the points you did. What a great post. I wish I could give it 15 likes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Sean is nowhere near falling in love. No way. At this stage of the game still confused? Ugh. Bad season, very bad. Who is this guy?

I sooooooo want Desiree for the next bachelorette. It is just not going to be. It will be F2 as always. I am spoiled so I know who that will be.
    CrazyDutchWoman and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Sean is nowhere near falling in love. No way. At this stage of the game still confused? Ugh. Bad season, very bad. Who is this guy?

I sooooooo want Desiree for the next bachelorette. It is just not going to be. It will be F2 as always. I am spoiled so I know who that will be.
    I think he's very much in love. I really do. As for Des, I sure hope she isn't the next bachelorette
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Kind of but I take it if he would have chosen Des then they wouldn't be living in the same state as the brother. We live on the other side of the country from my husbands family and we only see his parents for one weekend a year so if theres anything that annoys me its only one weekend and thats it until the next year. If he truly liked Des he could have eventually won the brother over, and if not well its just a few uncomfortable meetings a few times a year. If I understand correctly Sean wants the woman to move to his home state?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Great post.

As I see it, it is not that Sean was cavalier in letting Sarah, Leslie, Des go. I think he really cares for all these ladies and it was hard letting them go...not because he was in love with them or that he was even that conflicted about sending them home...but, because he did like them and he knows how it feels, it was hard having to hurt them...but, that is the nature of the show.

I also agree about the edit hiding F1 and throwing many red herrings our way. To me it is obvious because the boy positively glows when around her and when talking about her. Does that mean they will live happily ever after? Don't know, but, based on how methodical Sean seems to have been about the whole process, using his head and his heart...versus many others who just used other body parts...I give them better odds than most. Based on the finale previews we were shown last night where he is a crying mess and talking about loving her forever and not being able to live without her, I am looking forward to the rest of their collective journey.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I think 26 would be the perfect age for a spouse for Sean who is 29 but somehow I don't see that spouse being Catherine. I think Lindsey at age 24 is too young but then it depends on her world experience and Sean seems young and naive for his age. She has traveled all over the world with her family and would probably be willing to move to Texas. I think AshLee is a good fit for their religious views but she might be too old for him at age 32 unless because of her unfortunate marriage at an early age she is still young and a bit immature. This is a puzzling match and yet he IS engaged to someone. He spent a long time dating two different beautiful girls from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders squad and they were not his ultimate dream girls. I have no idea who he will end up with and whether or not it will last.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Well, I agree with the rest of your post but re the bolded: I rarely am right when it comes to F1 but with Meredith's season, try as they might, the editors could not hide Meredith's feelings for Ian...it was right on her face, plain as day. I called that one from the beginning. I loved her as a Bachelorette and was sad that their relationship didn't end in marriage, although they were together for awhile.

Closed Thread