Closed Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoiler**

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I understand the scepicism, but this is the show. They all understand what is expected. Some say it because they are ... or think they are ... feeling it. Others say it because they do what they are told and others because they think it will improve their odds of being cast as the next lead. Of course, there are others like Lesley who don't say it ... usually because they are not really feeling it.

For me, as much as I liked her, I could not see Sean and Lesley together. I don't care how much they edited that longest kiss ... they may have certainly enjoyed it ... but, their date was more like two buddies hanging out and she stated post show that it wasn't there. And as much as people are bashing Sean for sending people home ... for whatever reason ... let's not forget that the Bettes do the same thing. Next Bachelorette, people will be complaining about the same things, but it will be the indicisive girl who is keeping the jerk around and sent some really nice guy home and we won't understand why ... because it's the show and she wasn't feeling it!!!
    That so true. What a fun, down to earth bachelorette Lesley would make - different that's for sure
    NEPASue, ilja and 1dog2kids like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Did I miss something? They talked about a bunch of the women who got booted and then a bit about Lindsey and Catherine but not AshLee? Is that right, or did it come & go too quickly?
    No you didn't miss anything. If I remember correctly, AshLee was only shown as part of the FDs preview. Maybe they think that we have finally gotten the fact that she was in foster care and was adopted...and that Sarah has only one arm...and that Sean looks good without a shirt. Oh, I forgot, apparently we still haven't gotten that last one...not that I'm complaining!
    jucamer and Pandora2 like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

Des' brother, Nate, told Sean that there's no reciprocation... well, Sean didn't give Des a rose, so Nate was right. And don't blame not giving a rose to Des on Nate... if Sean loved Des, he would have given Des a rose, no matter what anyone said. Nate also told Sean that Sean is a playboy, a fraud. Nate is right. Sean was pretending, going through the motions, with three of the families on the hometown dates. Yes, Sean is a fraud. Right before Sean gave out the last rose, he went into the decision room, or whatever it's called. The producers must have told him to do that, for the drama. Also, Sean never would have chosen Sarah: Sean wants a trophy wife. Whenever Sean looked at Sarah, his facial expression implied, "isn't Sarah brave."
    NEPASue likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Did I miss something? They talked about a bunch of the women who got booted and then a bit about Lindsey and Catherine but not AshLee? Is that right, or did it come & go too quickly?
    I do believe you are right. The only bit we saw was in the preview of them swimming into the cave. Hmm.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Des' brother, Nate, told Sean that there's no reciprocation... well, Sean didn't give Des a rose, so Nate was right. And don't blame not giving a rose to Des on Nate... if Sean loved Des, he would have given Des a rose, no matter what anyone said. Nate also told Sean that Sean is a playboy, a fraud. Nate is right. Sean was pretending, going through the motions, with three of the families on the hometown dates. Yes, Sean is a fraud. Right before Sean gave out the last rose, he went into the decision room, or whatever it's called. The producers must have told him to do that, for the drama. Also, Sean never would have chosen Sarah: Sean wants a trophy wife. Whenever Sean looked at Sarah, his facial expression implied, "isn't Sarah brave."
    I agree with you regarding Nate being right, to some degree. I think that Sean may have really liked Dez but I think Nate was dead on when it came to his sister's feelings being much stronger than Sean's. But the very nature of this show means that it will be narrowed down to one and that doesn't happen until the very end. This isn't something new to this season. That's the very premise of the show. I don't think that makes Nate right regarding Sean being a playboy. Without having personal knowledge of Sean outside of the show, we can't know if he fits that bill. I also don't see Sean as a fraud, again because of the premise of the show. He, and every other lead, have done what the show calls for in eliminating the contestants. I don't think that makes him a fraud except in terms of being a part of this show as a whole to begin with. Now, I have no idea what he is really looking for in a wife, but most of us have a type. Perhaps his actions make you think he is looking for a trophy wife, but I feel like I don't have enough evidence to make that kind of statement and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Regarding Sarah, I just wanted to hug her all over again. I think he genuinely liked Sarah, and I think he was sincere when he said that he just didn't feel that special something when they kissed, I just wish he had let her go at the Rose Ceremony. Of course, that wouldn't have been as dramatic, and perhaps he really was trying to be kind (I don't know what was going on in his head).

All that being said, I really question anyone who goes on this show thinking it's a great idea as a way to find a wife/husband. I actually get someone doing it for kicks, or with an attitude of "why not give it a shot" more than those who insist they are there to find love, especially since this show has such a low success rate. Of course, on the other side of that I do find it offensive when I see those who obviously aren't there to find love pretending that they are and lying to the lead in order to "win". Yeah, I know, I am a bit conflicted. That might explain why I generally don't watch consistently.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 02-20-2013 at 07:30 AM.
    nanarama, jucamer and Midol like this.

Good post. Any caring brother who feels protective of his sister is going to be extremely skeptical of this process in terms of his sister. Nate was right, on both counts. Problem was in his delivery is all. I don't have a problem with someone outside the Bachelor bubble showing the actual reality of how this show works.

I didn't watch the show - I didn't have enough interest in taping it whatsoever, and I knew I'd get the low down from you lovely folks! Thanks!

That said, nothing seems all that surprising. Sean is a huge freaking hypocrite too. So he sends Leslie home in part because she didn't tell him she loved him? Really Sean? He needs to take a good look in the mirror because he was just as hesitant in his prior season when he was in Leslie's shoes to say those *special* words. So much for him being so understanding.

Anyway, I am really glad I have you FoRTers to banter with. This season has been a big huge FAIL for me otherwise.
    Shoepie and NEPASue like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Didn't you see the footage they didn't show? where he really liked Sean? that's before the cameras were on them .Also Des had warned that her bother was troubled in his youth. So whatever Nate said, was rude and obnoxious and I think he was stoned

I loved all the outtakes we got to see It shows how much we don't see. What fun Catherine and Sean had, just one example! or how iTerra's row went with the other girls for hours and hours. I enjoyed his candor - well worth watching last night If Lesley had said I love you - she was still in the friends zone. I bet they remain really good friends
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Sean IS a fraud. Nate was stating the obvious. Yes I know the leads are required to meet with four families, and that Sean had to pretend to be sincerely interested in four women... but he's still a fraud. Sean, (or maybe the producers), decided to let Sarah down easy, instead of not giving her a rose at the rose ceremoney. (I've read that those rose cereomonies can last for hours). Also, Sean's last two girlfrieds were Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders. That's his type... why not someone from his church?
    luvlady345, Shoepie and mesachick like this.

Sean IS a fraud. Nate was stating the obvious. Yes I know the leads are required to meet with four families, and that Sean had to pretend to be sincerely interested in four women... but he's still a fraud. Sean, (or maybe the producers), decided to let Sarah down easy, instead of not giving her a rose at the rose ceremoney. (I've read that those rose cereomonies can last for hours). Also, Sean's last two girlfrieds were Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders. That's his type... why not someone from his church?
    So, he cant date anyone outside of his church? if that's the case I would never have met my husband.

Well I like him and I am looking forward to next week
    -Andy Rooney-

Sean was so animated when he was talking about Catherine last night, I was thinking it would be fun to compare his behavior when he talked about Lindsey and AshLee. That's why it took me by surprise when AshLee's name didn't come up. Maybe he didn't have a good positive sound bite they could use to convince us she may be the one. :-)
    NEPASue and Midol like this.

Closed Thread