Closed Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoiler**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Excellent question! Or a religious retreat or something along those lines. I know they have singles mingles for religious types.
    Maybe because Sean is more than just a religious man? Clearly he goes to church and even speaks at retreats and yet he still did not meet anyone he wanted to settle down with. Why not try this? It's fun, he gets to travel, helps his business and will make some money and will meet women he would not normally.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Maybe because Sean is more than just a religious man? Clearly he goes to church and even speaks at retreats and yet he still did not meet anyone he wanted to settle down with. Why not try this? It's fun, he gets to travel, helps his business and will make some money and will meet women he would not normally.
    He so religious that he became a born again virgin. He recommitted his life to God. It's been stated a bunch on the internet just how religious he is. So, why isn't he looking for the same in the woman he plans to spend the rest of his life with? Seems like something you'd want to be compatible in right? Since it is so important to him, shouldn't that be part of the base of his spouse as well? It would make for a bad marriage if not. Something is fishy here, and it's not just his kisses.

The logical place for a man so religious to look for his wife, is not on a reality tv show that's for sure. Still not drinking the Sean kool aid.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

And furthermore, it cannot be assumed that just because one is a regular church-goer, they will find their soul-mate among their church peers. I was raised in the church all my life, and, as my mother used to say, one would be hard-pressed to even find half a single man in our church, let alone a whole one , because their just weren't any. And even for the few that there were, one wasn't necessarily attracted to them. So it stands to reason that a church-goer would look outside to find a life partner.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fan

He so religious that he became a born again virgin. He recommitted his life to God. It's been stated a bunch on the internet just how religious he is. So, why isn't he looking for the same in the woman he plans to spend the rest of his life with? Seems like something you'd want to be compatible in right? Since it is so important to him, shouldn't that be part of the base of his spouse as well? It would make for a bad marriage if not. Something is fishy here, and it's not just his kisses.

The logical place for a man so religious to look for his wife, is not on a reality tv show that's for sure. Still not drinking the Sean kool aid.
    They should have brought in some of the TLC Duggar girls in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    And furthermore, it cannot be assumed that just because one is a regular church-goer, they will find their soul-mate among their church peers. I was raised in the church all my life, and, as my mother used to say, one would be hard-pressed to even find half a single man in our church, let alone a whole one , because their just weren't any. And even for the few that there were, one wasn't necessarily attracted to them. So it stands to reason that a church-goer would look outside to find a life partner.
    Of course it can't , I agree! and how do we know he hasn't trued that route .Someone who will not be mentioned was also religious, and she apparently volunteered, however she was on this show not once, but twice! she didn't find anyone that way, and is still looking.

I wish him well
    bee stung lips and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    Correction: I said Leslie, the daughter of the General, but it is Lindsey, the daughter of the General. I really will be surprised if he chooses Catherine or AshLee.
    It was the glacier date that I thought I saw the lightbulb go off with regard to Catherine...so I won't be that surprised...it didn't start out physical, but seeing the silliness on the Seattle hometown date, I think it looks like it could be real with them...the apron was really adorable.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    they should have brought in some of the tlc duggar girls in for him.
    lmao!

As I stated before, this may not be the best venue to look for a partner, but they brought him on Em's season to match up with a conservative, religious single mom and this season there are also quite a few of the ladies who are also very religious...AshLee's father is a pastor! Just because they do not talk about it, does not mean that it is not discussed. Religion is just not a good topic to discuss on a reality dating show. Most networks avoid it so as not to offend anyone. Do you think MF is going to show us riviting discussions these people are having on religion when he could be showing Tierra going crazy? It is my understanding they actually did Bible readings while taping and there was very little drinking during this season because of the example he set.

I think some of the problem stems with how MF portrayed him initially...very religious, conservative, Southern. People have stereotypes of what that entails and I guess, Sean does not fit those. That does not mean that he is not those things. Just that he is more than just those things.

We all see things differently. Is this the best place to find a spouse? NO!!! Would I recommend it? Probably not. Yet, we watch this show and if it wasn't for this show, Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly, Ashley/JP would not have happened, so I guess if you are willing to give things a chance and go into it honestly and with an open heart, it just might not be so bad!
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Spot on, bee stung lips. Speaking as a very single gal, can I please get an AMEN?!!? <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    They should have brought in some of the TLC Duggar girls in for him.
    Oh, diamonds, that was brilliant!
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

As I stated before, this may not be the best venue to look for a partner, but they brought him on Em's season to match up with a conservative, religious single mom and this season there are also quite a few of the ladies who are also very religious...AshLee's father is a pastor! Just because they do not talk about it, does not mean that it is not discussed. Religion is just not a good topic to discuss on a reality dating show. Most networks avoid it so as not to offend anyone. Do you think MF is going to show us riviting discussions these people are having on religion when he could be showing Tierra going crazy? It is my understanding they actually did Bible readings while taping and there was very little drinking during this season because of the example he set.

I think some of the problem stems with how MF portrayed him initially...very religious, conservative, Southern. People have stereotypes of what that entails and I guess, Sean does not fit those. That does not mean that he is not those things. Just that he is more than just those things.

We all see things differently. Is this the best place to find a spouse? NO!!! Would I recommend it? Probably not. Yet, we watch this show and if it wasn't for this show, Trista/Ryan, Jason/Molly, Ashley/JP would not have happened, so I guess if you are willing to give things a chance and go into it honestly and with an open heart, it just might not be so bad!
    Well I agree with you completely on one point... religion is not a good topic on The Bachelor. I know lots of very religious people that enjoy drinking on the weekends a lot lol. In fact, some of them party pretty hard. I don't see the equation between being religious and enjoying alcohol. I wouldn't have thought any less of him if he had drank or not. I still don't see what attracted someone like Sean, as he is being portrayed anyway, to do a show like this. Fishy....

Closed Thread