Closed Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoilers**

To the Point

Re: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoiler**

Too lazy to go back and quote.....I have no problem with him saying he's confused. My memory seems to be that there have been few who haven't said they were confused at this point.

Also, can't remember which actual thread it was in but someone expressed irritation at the idea that he's said to be engaged but has no wedding date planned. Ummmmm, considering the "courtship", a longer engagement would be wise. I think it is entirely appropriate!
    Shoepie, NEPASue and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Sean said that he wanted someone who is smart, sweet and has a sense of humor. Since Sean dated two Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, including one for a long time, Sean also wants someone who is pretty and thin. Looks seem much more important to Sean than common religious beliefs.

And, what's wrong with Des' brother Nate stating the obvious... that Sean wasn't reciprocating Des' feelings. Have other family menbers from previous shows pretended that there was a connection, because of the camera?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Sean said that he wanted someone who is smart, sweet and has a sense of humor. Since Sean dated two Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, including one for a long time, Sean also wants someone who is pretty and thin. Looks seem much more important to Sean than common religious beliefs.

And, what's wrong with Des' brother Nate stating the obvious... that Sean wasn't reciprocating Des' feelings. Have other family menbers from previous shows pretended that there was a connection, because of the camera?
    I don't think Nate's stating what he did was the problem. It was the way he did it. Very confrontational & somewhat insulting.
    I've always said: "There are ways to say things, & ways NOT to say things". He did the latter.

As for Sean going for the looks of a woman, I have no problem with that. Let's face it, we all are attracted to people who catch our eye. That doesn't mean they have to look like movie stars, but their physical attractiveness has to appeal to us. Sometimes it's just a dynamite smile. Sometimes it's just beautiful eyes. THEN we get to know the rest about them & see if we still find them attractive. That's where the personality & values come in.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The ending was about 5 minutes of Sean in the shower. Ugh. I wouldn't be so cooperative if I was taking a shower in front of a camera operator. Of course, Sean likes to show off. btw, there was no soap.
    NEPASue likes this.

I don't see what is wrong in wanting to be attracted to your partner. We all want that and let's face it, most of us choose someone who is on par with our own level of attractiveness. Also, since Sean is a P/T fitness model it should not come as a surprise that he wants someone fit. There is never anyone unattractive on this show...at least on the outside!

I don't think we are in a position to know how much emphasis he has placed on common religious beliefs. From what I have gathered in his interviews, there was quite a bit of that discussed...unfortunately, discussing religion on a dating show does not make for riviting TV, so that was edited out.

As for family members going along with the show...yes, many do. Some have refused to participate and a few have not gone along. The problem with Nate was not that he disagreed, but, rather in how he did it. He was rude and belligerent....after having talked to Sean previously with no doubts or problems expressed. It was clear that Sean was upset, but so were his parents and his sister! No doubt he was egged on by producers, but, for me there is no excuse for rudeness and embarrassing his family.
    Last edited by Midol; 02-20-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I believe Sean that he eliminated Des because he had to eliminate someone & he knew that in the long run she just wasn't "It".
    I think the whole brother thing was probably producer driven & aired that way in order to make it look like that was the reason.
    I just don't have a lot of faith in the reality of Reality TV.
    NEPASue and Midol like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I think Sean was upset because he cares about what viewers think of him. Sean cares about his image. Sean wanted viewers to think he was considering Des, when he was really just pretending. Nate figured out how Sean really felt and announced it to millions of people.
    CrazyDutchWoman and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I believe Sean that he eliminated Des because he had to eliminate someone & he knew that in the long run she just wasn't "It".
    I think the whole brother thing was probably producer driven & aired that way in order to make it look like that was the reason.
    I just don't have a lot of faith in the reality of Reality TV.
    If it was producer driven( and I'm not saying it wasn't) the parents deserve an Oscar for feigning being upset.Unless they spoke to the @ss**** brother, before they all sat down. Who knows anymore ( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sean IS a fraud. Nate was stating the obvious. Yes I know the leads are required to meet with four families, and that Sean had to pretend to be sincerely interested in four women... but he's still a fraud. Sean, (or maybe the producers), decided to let Sarah down easy, instead of not giving her a rose at the rose ceremoney. (I've read that those rose cereomonies can last for hours). Also, Sean's last two girlfrieds were Dallas Cowboy's cheerleaders. That's his type... why not someone from his church?
    Excellent question! Or a religious retreat or something along those lines. I know they have singles mingles for religious types.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Sean had to say he was confused - what is he going to say??? I'm sure he knows already who he wants he just has to keep up the pretense or the show would be 3 episodes shorter. I remember thinking on Matt's season that it should have only lasted 2 episodes it was so obvious Shayne had it in the bag. I have to say Sean is very good at not giving it away.
    Midol and Baby's Breath like this.

Closed Thread