Closed Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/19 The Bachelor 17: Sean Tells All: **West Coast Spoiler**

He dated DCC Brooke Sorenson, LOVE her!!
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Well, I agree with the rest of your post but re the bolded: I rarely am right when it comes to F1 but with Meredith's season, try as they might, the editors could not hide Meredith's feelings for Ian...it was right on her face, plain as day. I called that one from the beginning. I loved her as a Bachelorette and was sad that their relationship didn't end in marriage, although they were together for awhile.
    I think all of us notice different things based on our own experiences with our lives and the show. I wasn't following the show all that closely during Meridith's season (although she along with Jillian was my favourite Bette), but, I do remember being confused about her and Ian and whoever was F2. Mind you, I knew nothing about editing at that point. However, during Brad2 as much as I liked Chantel, I could see Brad couldn't string a sentence together with Emily. I just hoped he wouldn't pick her because no way did I see his feelings reciprocated, but others saw this perfect love story. Either way, the proof is in the pudding. We will see if they last out in the real world once their little Bachelor bubble has burst. This is one of those rare couples who I am rooting for and I think have a shot.
    nanarama, Alexxxx, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I think all of us notice different things based on our own experiences with our lives and the show. I wasn't following the show all that closely during Meridith's season (although she along with Jillian was my favourite Bette), but, I do remember being confused about her and Ian and whoever was F2. Mind you, I knew nothing about editing at that point. However, during Brad2 as much as I liked Chantel, I could see Brad couldn't string a sentence together with Emily. I just hoped he wouldn't pick her because no way did I see his feelings reciprocated, but others saw this perfect love story. Either way, the proof is in the pudding. We will see if they last out in the real world once their little Bachelor bubble has burst. This is one of those rare couples who I am rooting for and I think have a shot.
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly with this. I, too, wanted Chantel in the worst way b/c I really liked her and could see how much she liked Brad. BUT, it was easy to see how besotted Brad was with Ms. Emily. I also did not see any reciprocal feelings on her part and as we saw it ended badly and pretty quickly. With Meredith and Ian, I think it was clear on her part who she wanted but you could tell that with Ian, as much as he cared for her, he was not as into her as much as she was with him. If you remember, he didn't propose. At least I think he didn't. He was in NY and she was on the West Coast and I got the feeling he just would not take that final step with her. She still isn't married.

Anyway, back to Sean's season...I was spoiled by something that popped up on my facebook feed so all I will say is I hope it works out.

"This is one of those rare couples who I am rooting for and I think have a shot."

Midol, who? Who do you think Sean has a shot with?

Quote Originally Posted by carolb57 View Post
    "This is one of those rare couples who I am rooting for and I think have a shot."

Midol, who? Who do you think Sean has a shot with?
    Midol cant say, there are no spoilers allowed.Maybe PM her . I sure dont want to know after all this time
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Ian proposed to Meredith. He hadn't planned to, told his brother he would not. She didn't expect him to. But he did. Apparently swept away with his emotions over the "moment". I remember him saying something about how he knew she wanted it, and he suddenly felt he could do it sincerely. Or so he said afterwards. And then it didn't work out. Meredith is still my favorite bachelorette.

And since that's OT, back to Sean: They certainly have me wondering who sends him a note at the final rose. If we can believe their snippets and teasers. But given that Sean said Catherine was always giving him notes, I'm guessing it's from her. And he looks "upset", but maybe it's just emotional overwhelm. Or relief. Or something.

So, next we see the Fantasy Suite dates, then WTA, then Final, right? I know that's the usual order, but has anyone heard anything differently?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks, Lucy. I had completely forgotten.

Lucy that's the correct order for the remaining episodes plus the ATFR on the night of the finale.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    My point is that Sean's idea of where to go to find a quality woman for a wife is to go on a reality TV show. If he really cared about inner beauty, he would chose someone who maybe volunteers to help the less fortunate.
    I tend to agree that “inner beauty” isn’t exactly a prerequisite for being on this show and there are better ways to find that. But to be honest, no one is looking for inner beauty alone – we all want to be attracted to the person we’re with. And it often seems to be true that people are fairly well matched up on the traditional “attractiveness” scale -- like it or not, the pretty people usually end up together.

So given a whole batch of pretty women who are interested in Sean, he may very well gravitate toward the one he feels is the most beautiful inside. As an aside, it surprised me last night that he commented on a couple of the women being intelligent… I guess that matters too. :-)

But I also think that even though what we see is heavily edited reality TV, what Sean is seeing is 26 attractive women who are interested in him trying to convince him they would make him happy. So to the extent you can get to know anyone in such a short amount of time, the odds are certainly better in that situation than they would be if you had to find 26 attractive women who were interested in you (and pre-screened, to some extent) in everyday life. It may not be the best way to find lasting love, there is a certain advantage in the buffet approach. I know I wouldn’t turn it down!
    ilja, jucamer, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I tend to agree that “inner beauty” isn’t exactly a prerequisite for being on this show and there are better ways to find that. But to be honest, no one is looking for inner beauty alone – we all want to be attracted to the person we’re with. And it often seems to be true that people are fairly well matched up on the traditional “attractiveness” scale -- like it or not, the pretty people usually end up together.

So given a whole batch of pretty women who are interested in Sean, he may very well gravitate toward the one he feels is the most beautiful inside. As an aside, it surprised me last night that he commented on a couple of the women being intelligent… I guess that matters too. :-)

But I also think that even though what we see is heavily edited reality TV, what Sean is seeing is 26 attractive women who are interested in him trying to convince him they would make him happy. So to the extent you can get to know anyone in such a short amount of time, the odds are certainly better in that situation than they would be if you had to find 26 attractive women who were interested in you (and pre-screened, to some extent) in everyday life. It may not be the best way to find lasting love, there is a certain advantage in the buffet approach. I know I wouldn’t turn it down!
    Starting with his pre show interviews, Sean has always maintained that he wanted a smart, sweet woman with a sense of humour so it doesn't surprise me that he referred to several of them as being smart. I actually think he did well with his picks...I don't really count Tierra since I think she stayed longer than he wished due to producers.
    NFL1 and jucamer like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Closed Thread