Closed Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: 2/18 The Bachelor 17 Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/18 The Bachelor 17 Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Very strange episode last night. I'm pretty sure Sean is not "allowed" to say he loves anyone until the final rose, right?

I don't blame Sean at all for dumping Des due to her brother, especially if he had doubts about Des herself. He has always said he wants kids and who would want their kids to have such a nasty, creepy and dangerous uncle? She did seem to be a frontrunner. Pretty ironic when you look back at how Des dominated the sunrise-to-sunset date while Linsey and Catherine were stuffed in the backseat! But honestly, would you choose to be related to that guy?

I don't see anything special with Lindsey although she seems nice enough. The baby-talk voice is irritating and she just seems too young. I may be way off-base but it seems like she is working as a substitute teacher while waiting for a man to come along to support her so she can quit. I find it odd that there has never been any mention of her wanting to be an actual teacher or of any other aspirations.

I appreciate that Catherine has a career in graphic arts. She is smart, funny, fun & attractive. I would be concerned about a possible darker side considering what her sisters said about her ups and downs as well as family history considering her father's suicide attempt. Sean has only seen the ups so far.

As far as Ashley goes, I'm just shaking my head. She has been my favorite all along, but after last night I'm just really bummed that she can't seem to loosen up and just have a good time. The whole date was about Ashley and her therapy issues. There didn't seem to be much interest in getting to know Sean or getting him to talk and there was nothing remotely fun about the date.

Looking forward to tonight!
    inthegarden and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Apparently I'm the only one here who thinks this, but I thought Sean and Lindsay clicked last night like there was no tomorrow! I didn't see it coming, but by golly, I think she's the one!

Oh, I do too now that Des is gone. Though I do personally like Catherine too but I did not think their relationship had developed that far which is probably part of why I was so surprised he sent Des home last night.

I'm still not getting the Ashley thing. I thought Sean did not want drama.

Edited because I don't have spell-check on this laptop and because I apparently can't pruuf!
    NEPASue and jucamer like this.

Well the ratings went up again last night and were the highest for a non-finale episode in almost 2 years. Guess there are more people interested in this season than some thought .
    Midol likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Very strange episode last night. I'm pretty sure Sean is not "allowed" to say he loves anyone until the final rose, right?

I don't blame Sean at all for dumping Des due to her brother, especially if he had doubts about Des herself. He has always said he wants kids and who would want their kids to have such a nasty, creepy and dangerous uncle? She did seem to be a frontrunner. Pretty ironic when you look back at how Des dominated the sunrise-to-sunset date while Linsey and Catherine were stuffed in the backseat! But honestly, would you choose to be related to that guy?

I don't see anything special with Lindsey although she seems nice enough. The baby-talk voice is irritating and she just seems too young. I may be way off-base but it seems like she is working as a substitute teacher while waiting for a man to come along to support her so she can quit. I find it odd that there has never been any mention of her wanting to be an actual teacher or of any other aspirations.

I appreciate that Catherine has a career in graphic arts. She is smart, funny, fun & attractive. I would be concerned about a possible darker side considering what her sisters said about her ups and downs as well as family history considering her father's suicide attempt. Sean has only seen the ups so far.

As far as Ashley goes, I'm just shaking my head. She has been my favorite all along, but after last night I'm just really bummed that she can't seem to loosen up and just have a good time. The whole date was about Ashley and her therapy issues. There didn't seem to be much interest in getting to know Sean or getting him to talk and there was nothing remotely fun about the date.

Looking forward to tonight!

I agree with everything that you've mentioned!

Sean seems soooo family oriented. Very important to him. He has mentioned time and time again about the type of family he is from and wants to be around. Sadly for Des... her family doesn't resemble the type of family Sean wants for himself!
    They always say... one doesn't just marry the person... they marry the person's family as well. And from the itty bitty teeny weeny time we saw with Des's family... I wouldn't want to be apart of it neither. The brother was over the top obnoxious and that was him being IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA". Can you imagine how he is when there isn't a camera around?

And about AshLee... I think being with her will be VERY HARD! I can understand and appreciate how hard her life must have been growing up... BUT... she IS ALL GROWN UP NOW... why does it still seem soooooo raw? All the conversations surround her upbringing. Why isn't she focusing more OR why don't we hear more of her parents that DID adopt her and how great life is NOW because of them. And... having said that.... IS that the only side of AshLee..... the serious side????

I already feel exhausted for Sean now.... IF he picks AshLee....
    NEPASue, Cornholio, ilja and 1 others like this.

FORT Regular

If Ashlee still has abandonment issues, she needs counseling or she will not be able to commit to a relationship with any man.
    NEPASue and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Well the ratings went up again last night and were the highest for a non-finale episode in almost 2 years. Guess there are more people interested in this season than some thought .
    Yeah, due to the preview with the fake ex boyfriend scene with Des (which fell flat anyway). I doubt Sean had anything to do with it. He's still pretty boring.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

! I suspect tonight will have good ratings as well
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Edited because I don't have spell-check on this laptop and because I apparently can't pruuf!

Funniest post I've read all week, ilja. Thank you for it!

Well the ratings went up again last night and were the highest for a non-finale episode in almost 2 years. Guess there are more people interested in this season than some thought.
    Then again, there weren't any major sports events on last night, either.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

It's interesting to read the various opinions on the players in last night's show. Just about every person was applauded and bashed. Even the brother I am calling "Nat" had a compliment from somebody, and I didn't think anyone would like him.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Then again, there weren't any major sports events on last night, either.
    LMAO - I just about spit my water on the keyboard with that one!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread