Closed Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: 2/18 The Bachelor 17 Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/18 The Bachelor 17 Episode 8 **West Coast Spoilers**

I really liked all the parents. Ashlee looked really nice this week, still intense, but not as bad. I loved her dad. She had a really good edit, if she isn't F1 , I can see her as the Bachelorette - I could never see that before.

Catherine's sisters were being sisters. Ashley's sister felt the same way about JP. I have two sisters, I know what's that like. I really love Seattle, it does rain a lot but its so pretty.Catherine's mum was very down to earth, much like Catherine is.

Lindsey looked sweet, I am sure there have been conversations between these two we haven't seen.They do have fun - I don't see a great connection there

Des, she looked good tonight , but was her bothers stoned or what? She did seem really upset with him.I would hazard a guess this isn't the first time he's acted like an @ss! he made the HTD all about him, ugh!
    I didn't know who was going home tonight, I thought Lindsey because we saw less of her, or maybe Catherine because she looked really worried ( those lovely big brown eyes)

Thanks god Chris Harrison stepped in to say "get it right"

In the previews for tomorrow night they said he sent one of the most popular 'ettes home, who was that? The ones I like are still left Is it Lesley ???
    Des if you are going to cry, cry, you were as fake as Tierra..
    Alexxxx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    In the previews for tomorrow night they said he sent one of the most popular 'ettes home, who was that? The ones I like are still left Is it Lesley ???
    I'm thinking he might have been talking about Sarah -- not sure why. Maybe because she felt she'd been rejected so much before, Chris assumed everyone was pulling for her. Don't know.

I didn't quite understand why AshLee said that jumping in the frigid lake meant that she had to put her abandonment issues aside. I totally get why she has abandonment issues, but don't get the connection with the polar bear swim.

Also maybe it was just the sadness of the moment but it bothered me a little when Des was talking in the limo about how "all she wanted was to make someone happy." I hope that isn't true; I hope she has a few goals of her own.

I'm starting to think Sean isn't going to propose to anyone this season and in a way, I kind of hope that's the case -- just based on his confusion at this stage. Unless the whole thing with Nathan totally freaked him out and derailed him from what he was thinking would happen with Des, it's hard to imagine that he feels even more strongly about all 3 of the other women and is somehow going to narrow that to 1 in a very short time.
    Photobabe likes this.

Chris Harrison's blog is posted in his Blog Thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Des didn't need her brother to blow the date. Her ugly prank did the trick. Why did Des need to send Sean into a macho craze? Added to that, her brothers disgusting behavior, her goose was cooked. Guess we will find out next week how heavy these behaviors tipped the scales on sean's decision to dump Des.

ETA...Did anyone notice how Des was fake "crying" as she was begging Sean while he was walking her out to her ride? She actually didn't start shedding tears until she approached the car door. ...just sayin'
    Last edited by Vonna; 02-19-2013 at 02:00 AM.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Have we heard any of the other ladies mention any dreams/plans/career concerns for Sean to wonder about? All I hear is how much they want to be Mrs. Sean Lowe. Yesterday.

The fact that Sean is considering meshing his life with Catherine's speaks well of her chances of being THE ONE, I think.

Also, about the sisters -- did they say Catherine wasn't ready for a relationship? I didn't hear that, if they did. What I heard was (1) she's not ready to start having kids now (Hooray for her, if so. Nobody should follow a quickie wedding with quickie babies. Why are they all in such a big damn hurry?) and (2) she has goals that she wants to accomplish and a relationship shouldn't get in the way of that (Again, hooray for her. Any relationship that requires you to give up on your goals isn't worth having.)

Anyway, I commend Sean for seriously considering all the facts. I think he really wants a relationship, not a Hollywood fling. Hooray for him.
    Exactly. It's more realistic. Plus she hasn't said I love you yet, which is also realistic.
    NEPASue and Alexxxx like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Apparently I'm the only one here who thinks this, but I thought Sean and Lindsay clicked last night like there was no tomorrow! I didn't see it coming, but by golly, I think she's the one!

bee stung lips and ilja like this.

Just watched the episode and I am pissed off. For the first time watching this show I thought I had it figured out quite early who he was really into.
    Well I can tell you. I can't stand this guy anymore. Not because I wasn't right. I never am.
    Sorry but he proved Des her brother to be right! He said he did not see any feelings from Sean to Des, and apparently brother was correct.

Brother could see through Sean's bull.

Yes Sean can now blame "mean" brother why he had to get rid of Des but come on, he wasn't really interested in Des.

I must give it to him, he is very good in acting like he is in love but bad in showing all the other emotions like sadness. He tried when des left but it was so fake.

He keeps Catherine? If he picks her I can tell yu that will not work out. They will not be happy with each other for long.

h and what about Ashley She acts like she is 16. her buttersweet voice and how she behaves, so very needy , is the way to scare a man away. Is she going to be the new bachelorete?

Nah. I think it will be the girl with 1 arm.

Anyway next week Mister Playboy will tell all ,meaning more bull. Can't wait. NOT!
    Cornholio and JavaJo like this.

Sean picked AshLee over Des? Have to say that surprised me. I see absolutely no connection between those two whatsoever.

Catherine - she continues to show how immature she really is. I wonder if her sisters were trying to tell Sean that she was bipolar. She's very moody. Extremely happy then extremely serious? Red flag! They also told him that as soon as a relationship gets serious, she starts to have trouble in them. She just wants to be *happy* Yeah, well don't we all? Reality is much different than that though. Another red flag! They clearly don't see her ready for a relationship (neither did her mother). Red Flag! I don't think she is either. Maybe Sean is into women that behave like children?

Lindsay - one of the more normal dates. Nice family. Nothing really noteable about the HTD though. Her Dad was adorable lol. Oh and another chance for Sean to tell us that he's a man. LMAO

Des - so that was a prank. I kind of figured right away. The actor was pretty bad LOL. Her brother -wow, I actually liked him. About time someone called BS on this show like that. Of course he's skeptical, we all are at this point. Sean though, holy cow. What an idiot. Her brother would have changed his tune pretty quickly if Sean had picked Des in the end and was able to show him just how *genuine* he really is by sticking by a woman. Poor wittle Sean got all upset about being called a playboy. Silly if you ask me. I did feel bad for Des, and I agree, he just made a big mistake. Oh well.

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking last night. I would have been blitzed by the third date after all the phrases and words we've come up with for the Sean drinking game!

I don't know if I am going to watch tonight, but part of me wants to see if he can really be something other than bland and boring. I can't look away from the train wreck!

Edited to add:

Sean - what a freaking hypocrit you are! For the previews he said that "if she had told me she loved me, that might have made a difference". Really Sean? Coming from you? The man who wouldn't tell Emily and when he did you could tell it was like getting a tooth pulled for him. Ugh. I so rolled my eyes when I saw that scene. What an asshat. So you expect something from the girls, that you were reluctant to give yourself. Priceless. I would have thought him to be much more understanding of those words, since they are so *precious* for him to say.
    Last edited by mesachick; 02-19-2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    I'm thinking he might have been talking about Sarah -- not sure why. Maybe because she felt she'd been rejected so much before, Chris assumed everyone was pulling for her. Don't know.

I didn't quite understand why AshLee said that jumping in the frigid lake meant that she had to put her abandonment issues aside. I totally get why she has abandonment issues, but don't get the connection with the polar bear swim.

Also maybe it was just the sadness of the moment but it bothered me a little when Des was talking in the limo about how "all she wanted was to make someone happy." I hope that isn't true; I hope she has a few goals of her own.

I'm starting to think Sean isn't going to propose to anyone this season and in a way, I kind of hope that's the case -- just based on his confusion at this stage. Unless the whole thing with Nathan totally freaked him out and derailed him from what he was thinking would happen with Des, it's hard to imagine that he feels even more strongly about all 3 of the other women and is somehow going to narrow that to 1 in a very short time.
    I think Sean has one girl he really likes, its becoming a little obvious, plus she is adorable( if I am right) I just didn't think Sarah was that popular.I wonder if its Des, not Tierra that the letter is from at the end? . Funny, the girls last night all said amazing, Sean did not( or journey)

Looking forward to tonight, and yes, I will be watching
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sean's Blog is posted in his blog thread.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Closed Thread