Closed Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree436Likes

Thread: 2/11 Bachelor 17 Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 2/11 Bachelor 17 Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re AshLee standing on a chair and first shouting "Hello St. Croix" then shouting "I Love You!". Both of these hark back to Sean's date with Emily in London when he stood on the upper deck of the bus and shouted, "Hello London!" She also did the "hello" on their first 1:1 date.

What to think...I do wish Leslie had said the "I love you", but if she was too nervous then she was not ready and that is too bad as I really liked them together. Notice they left their night time dinner on the cutting room floor. Editing clue that she wasn't long for the Bachelor journey experience. Yes, there wouldn't have been time for Tierra's hysterics, but it was still a clue.

Whoa...Sean's clipped No Drama speech stunned all the girls, but especially AshLee as she thought he would think her talking about Tierra would be considered drama. IF Leslie had stepped up to the plate, I think AshLee would have gone home.

Lindsay has really surprised me (as well as Sean). She does seem free and easy with him, and after the group date at the Bach Pad where she got serious, I think he figured she was in for the long haul, but I'm still not seeing it as ever after.

Des is the kicker. I agree that Montana was a bust for Sean because she expressed doubts...well that and other things. Like Andy with Tessa, he gave her a 1:1 the next round to see if he could pull her back in and he has so he is happy. As far as the blow up with her brother, that is too bad. That poor young man (from the looks of the dramatic preview) has never gotten past the mean streets, while Des has made the effort. Of course, it is different for a male in overcoming childhood trauma - I think they take it much harder because so much more is expected of them. We'll see how that works out.

And then there is Catherine who truly is the Tessa of this season - both in looks and personality (only more laid back and adaptable.) She also has doubts about where Sean's mind is especially at this point. IF someone who she considered to be more compatible with Sean than she is didn't get the rose, does that mean she is next to say good-bye? Those insecurities may play a big part in the WHO DOES HE CHOOSE near the end of the show.

Good-bye (this is my husband) Tierra. A wrong time pouting fit cost you. It doesn't mean he wouldn't have cut her at the Rose Ceremony, but his doubts and then conviction she wasn't the one left her leaving in a van. Somehow I won't miss the fake tears and sly smiles. **sigh**

I'm so glad I've remained unspoiled this season. I can still have questions about where he will land even though seasons of experience have left me unsurprised at this point.
    nanarama, mesachick, ilja and 3 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Note to potential drama queens who want to be on this show (Tierra): You know what the producers are going to do with you if you give them even one minute of bad behavior. Best way to not be cast as the villain? Don't ever let any of that nastiness sneak out of your sparkly little self. Just keep it to youself. They can (and will) exaggerate, but they can't make stuff up without the ammo.
    NEPASue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    My expectations of this show aren't very high. The lead can't please everyone, but I like this guy. I wish they would let his humor come out a little more, because its there. I am looking forward to the HTD.
    I'm with you, Fanny Mare!
    Many have bashed Sean for his seemingly lack of personality and zero sense of humor. I blame the editing! We know from his season with Emily (now that was a bullet dodged) he is a Punker with a capital P. He did it again this season when he Punked Des at the art show. I suspect this guy has a wicked sense of humor, but there's just not been enough time to hone in on it, I mean with alllll the time spent on wicked Tierrable and all.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I think he gave Tierra all those chances (besides the spark) because he also kept himself apart somewhat from the guys on his 'ette season. They would come home and talk about the dates and he wouldn't participate preferring to concentrate on whatever he had with Emily. That is why he could relate when she talked about it being hard in the house.
    NEPASue likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    And then there is Catherine who truly is the Tessa of this season - both in looks and personality (only more laid back and adaptable.)
    I completely agree! I've been thinking of Tessa the whole season as well, though Catherine is more bubbly, I think. Poor Tessa was so out of her element. She and a few other girls that season were scouted, weren't they? She seemed like such a sweet, genuine person and I was so sad when things fell apart with her and Andy who was hands down the hottest bachelor EVER. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I'm with you, Fanny Mare!
    Many have bashed Sean for his seemingly lack of personality and zero sense of humor. I blame the editing! We know from his season with Emily (now that was a bullet dodged) he is a Punker with a capital P. He did it again this season when he Punked Des at the art show. I suspect this guy has a wicked sense of humor, but there's just not been enough time to hone in on it, I mean with alllll the time spent on wicked Tierrable and all.
    I thought Sean was a huge bore on Emily's season too.

Sean didn't punk Des, the producers did. I doubt the leads have much to do with any of the planning, they just take the credit on the show as it makes them look better I guess.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    Sean himself also played a HUGE prank on Des with the art statue..........so perhaps it's all just a little payback!
    I had forgotten about that! Now, I stand totally convicted to my prediction above! 100% this is a prank.

- ...the issue with Sean telling his sister that he doesn't have a favorite yet. I don't think that's true. I think the producers ask him to say that to keep the suspense alive. I think that's why he says he's "crazy" about almost all the ones that are left. I believe he already knows his F1 and has for some time and is just waiting for more time alone to confirm it. I remember once the Jason Meznick fiasco was over, they went back and the production team said it was really obvious how into Molly he was.
    Sure producers ask them to keep up the suspense but this is over the top! Every lead thus far has given a nod to "seeing my wife"..."I am falling in love".....some crumb. Sean lacks passion. For this reason I don't see his relationship lasting. That is easy to predict, of course. But Seans lack of connection, passion and wit is going to queer the deal. Or he is not in love with F1 but hopes to be once off the show. We will hear this between the lines from F1 in interviews down the line.

I also won't be surprised to see him not offer marriage but instead do the let's get to know each other better ending. We have not seen that since Charlie. They have to something to save this show from being more boring than Lorenzo.

I would have liked to have seen more footage of Tierra leaving. The editing was choppy and Sean's behavior and words did not match the scene. We saw him leave Tierra and pace around outside "thinking." He left to talk to producers, saying I have to let her go now. There was a time lag to get the limo there and as they pulled away we saw crew members milling about out the window. More happened and it would have made good TV, damnit.

To the Point

I still like Sean. I think he is probably a really good guy. I don't think we can ever know for sure what someone is like from these shows, but I think he is actually one of the more likeable guys they've had. He may not make for the most dramatic shows, but that has nothing to do with whether he is a nice guy, or perhaps it does have everything to do with his being a nice guy. I think he is really trying to be an "upstanding" guy in all of this, but I suspect that managing that in this context is incredibly difficult and even if one does, editing can certainly make it appear as anything but.

I thought the whole thing with Tierra was edited in a very strange way, but then I had changed the channel for a couple minutes and missed a bit. When I turned it back though, it was just strange and, to some extent, felt a bit disjointed. I would love to know what we weren't shown because it felt that they left out some key moments that would have made the whole thing more seemless. That being said, I really just wanted her gone, so I'm not all that bothered about the editing. That was just one story arc that seemed very choppy and disjointed.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I thought the whole thing with Tierra was edited in a very strange way, but then I had changed the channel for a couple minutes and missed a bit. When I turned it back though, it was just strange and, to some extent, felt a bit disjointed. I would love to know what we weren't shown because it felt that they left out some key moments that would have made the whole thing more seemless. That being said, I really just wanted her gone, so I'm not all that bothered about the editing. That was just one story arc that seemed very choppy and disjointed.

I was still waiting to see her "sparkle"..... I feel cheated!!!!
    NCLurker and Shoepie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I was still waiting to see her "sparkle"..... I feel cheated!!!!
    The WTA, then you will see it.( not) As for her face , she looked like a dull little hobbit as she drove away

I won't miss her, or her fake drama, fake dames bore me more than Sean ever could
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 02-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    Babbred likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread