Closed Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree436Likes

Thread: 2/11 Bachelor 17 Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 2/11 Bachelor 17 Episode 7 **West Coast Spoilers**

I had a TOTALLY different view of Catherine's tears.

I think that in spite of how far she's come after her childhood problems, she doesn't have the highest self-esteem in the world. She thought that Leslie was awesome and genuinely LIKED her. I think that C thought that L would be the best choice for Sean, and when he sent her home, it shook her self confidence even more. She'd spent a day watching Desiree (I think that's who it was) throw herself all over Sean while she and the other girl commiserated with each other about feeling like the two of them were on a Sean-and-Des date. Then he sent home her friend, "the best choice for Sean." She said she doesn't know what's going on and she doesn't know where his mind is now. I don't think it had crossed her mind at the point where she was crying that Sean might actually have preferred her to Leslie. Part low self esteem, part genuine humility.

JMO. I could be wrong. I was once before in my life. Wait . . . oh no . . . I wasn't! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I had a TOTALLY different view of Catherine's tears.

I think that in spite of how far she's come after her childhood problems, she doesn't have the highest self-esteem in the world. She thought that Leslie was awesome and genuinely LIKED her. I think that C thought that L would be the best choice for Sean, and when he sent her home, it shook her self confidence even more. She'd spent a day watching Desiree (I think that's who it was) throw herself all over Sean while she and the other girl commiserated with each other about feeling like the two of them were on a Sean-and-Des date. Then he sent home her friend, "the best choice for Sean." She said she doesn't know what's going on and she doesn't know where his mind is now. I don't think it had crossed her mind at the point where she was crying that Sean might actually have preferred her to Leslie. Part low self esteem, part genuine humility.

JMO. I could be wrong. I was once before in my life. Wait . . . oh no . . . I wasn't! ;-)
    That's pretty much my read on the situation.

And as an aside, I follow both Catherine and Lesley on twitter/Instagram and they appear to have a true friendship. I lover seeing those bonds that come out of the show besides the lead and their chosen one.
    AZChristian and Midol like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Fogey

I got what Catherine meant immediately. I agree with umgirl and Midol.

Sean is humorless and that what is missing, for me. I am drawn to people with a dry wit.

I am going to guess that Desiree's HTV drama is a set up. Sean and his family pulled a couple of pranks on Emily; I can see production encouraging Desiree to punk him with his own game.
    Monte71 likes this.

I don't feel like I know the remaining girls as well as I normally do. They gave Tierra so much air time, it seems like they haven't shown as much of the dates as normal, either. From what I do know, I think he picked the right F4, but if I hadn't looked at the spoilers, I wouldn't begin to be able to guess who he picks. I guess I just don't care for this season. I'm watching but I'm not invested.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Newbie

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your comments! Just a few of my own observations:

Tierra - thank heavens that fire-hydrant shaped sparkle with a dent in her forehead finally bit the dust!

Des - beautiful woman - but don't really see a real love connection either way with Sean.

AshLee - lovely woman - a little too needy and waaaay too serious for Sean.

Leslie - great gal - good personality. I think she and Sean will make great buds if he and Catherine get together. They might continue a friendship even without. I don't think she was overwhelmed by Sean and vice versa.

Lindsay - really sweet lady. Something I have noticed, however, that spells doom for me where Sean is concerned. Every time he talks with Lindsay or about Lindsay he always refers back to her entry in the wedding dress at the M & G. He always says it like "It's a good thing I didn't send you home...Can you believe we are here when we look back on that...etc." I don't think, no matter how great she is, he can get that out of his brain, and it seriously counts against her all other things being equal.

Catherine - IMHO this lady is the whole ball of wax. Fun with a serious side, cute as a button with or without makeup, outdoorsy and feminine, and level-headed. There is an ease and comfortableness with the way these two interact. It doesn't looked tentative or forced - they look like a couple that have known each other a long time. As far as her breakdown last night, I agree with some of the posters who indicate that she was close to Leslie and felt they were alot alike. She was concerned that she might be next. Also, I think we have to remember how tiring and emotional this experience is for these gals who are kept very isolated in a competitive environment for weeks on end with no normalcy whatsoever. I know I'd probably have a breakdown now and again. Plus - editing of that schene - who know what was the full context.

Lastly - the issue with Sean telling his sister that he doesn't have a favorite yet. I don't think that's true. I think the producers ask him to say that to keep the suspense alive. I think that's why he says he's "crazy" about almost all the ones that are left. I believe he already knows his F1 and has for some time and is just waiting for more time alone to confirm it. I remember once the Jason Meznick fiasco was over, they went back and the production team said it was really obvious how into Molly he was.

Thank You for letting me ramble!

That's where I am at Java - watching, but not invested. I don't care who he picks, it won't last long regardless.

BTW - I didn't see much sparkle through Catherine's crying eye's last night. Once she matures up abit, she'll be much more of a catch. Her and Lesley have a relationship after the show? That's great! They really should change the name of this show to *My New BFFs!* instead of *The Bachelor*. That's what its starting to be. Not who works best for the lead (no I don't think Tiera was lol, but that's not the point), but who plays nicely among the girls. Without Tierra, this season would have bombed worse than it already is and worse than any other so far. There's been nothing else interesting to talk about lol. Like another poster mentioned above, with the Tierradrama gone, now they are going to produce some from Desiree and her family. Sean certainly isn't providing much other than being eye candy. As soon as he opens his mouth I start to feel a yawn coming on. The show needs new writers, he seems to have only a few things to say.
    wannasee likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I got what Catherine meant immediately. I agree with umgirl and Midol.

Sean is humorless and that what is missing, for me. I am drawn to people with a dry wit.

I am going to guess that Desiree's HTV drama is a set up. Sean and his family pulled a couple of pranks on Emily; I can see production encouraging Desiree to punk him with his own game.
    Sean himself also played a HUGE prank on Des with the art statue..........so perhaps it's all just a little payback!
    dzigner, Shoepie and ilja like this.
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

I actually have enjoyed this season far more than most of them, I've liked nearly all of the women and their interractions, like Sean, enjoyed the dates and all of the fake Tierrable near-death experiences, the gorgeous scenery, I don't usually look forward to it quite so much as I have this season so.. as Lloyd Christmas would say " I liiike it a lot "
    ...I can't wait until the first pictures come thru of some other being destroying the Mars Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    I actually have enjoyed this season far more than most of them, I've liked nearly all of the women and their interractions, like Sean, enjoyed the dates and all of the fake Tierrable near-death experiences, the gorgeous scenery, I don't usually look forward to it quite so much as I have this season so.. as Lloyd Christmas would say " I liiike it a lot "
    Now that you mention it, I've quite enjoyed this season as well and I was one of the ones that was highly disappointed with the choice of Sean as the bach. While he is not all that exciting and a cup of tea, I've really liked most of the women that he has chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    I actually have enjoyed this season far more than most of them, I've liked nearly all of the women and their interactions, like Sean, enjoyed the dates and all of the fake Tierrable near-death experiences, the gorgeous scenery, I don't usually look forward to it quite so much as I have this season so.. as Lloyd Christmas would say " I liiike it a lot "
    My expectations of this show aren't very high. The lead can't please everyone, but I like this guy.I wish they would let his humor come out a little more, because its there. I am looking forward to the HTD.
    BTW, inthegarden and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread