Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: 2/4 Bachelor 17 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 2/4 Bachelor 17 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Didn't Tierra say that she's like to punch out these Byatches or something to that effect?
    HELL yeah, she said that . . .

JMHO, but I believe (at least in MY world, anyway!) that that qualifies as a mean statement made about the others.

Um, excuse me, but just when is saying you want to punch out someone (or a FEW someones, in this case!), and referring to them as "bitches" is NOT considered mean?
    Last edited by ness; 02-05-2013 at 04:04 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

But wasn't that during a private interview so the others girls didn't hear it? Not saying Tierra isn't totally annoying and makes some horrible comments, but I don't know how much of it is directly to the others' faces vs. just to the camera. I'm geniunely asking because I tune out about 90% of the time that Tierra is on the screen.
    Last edited by umngirl; 02-05-2013 at 04:21 PM.
    mesachick likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I found the story of the boy friend in drug rehab a bit hard to swallow. She's only 24 and I thought she said she had been with the old BF for many years. What the heck is a clean late teen/20 something girl doing hanging around a drug addict? I don't buy it. Unless she too was involved in drugs and alcohol abuse.
    I didn't buy it, parts might be true, I am sure TPTB added some to that story.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Didn't Tierra say that she's like to punch out these Byatches or something to that effect?
    Still not a personal attack though. A personal attack is making fun of Sara and her use of only one arm for example. Something that is said about someone's looks or calling someone stupid, etc... that's what I mean about a personal attack. IF she said something about punching out the other girls, obviously is was meant in jest and certainly not literally. The other girls however, are snarking on about Tierra to each other behind her back, and to her face. I consider what they are doing as more of an affront at this point. With Courtney, she was nasty about all the girls, all the time, specifically calling out certain body traits etc... those are personal attacks.

Of course Tierra might be saying things that aren't being aired, but I highly doubt it. If she's being nasty Fleiss is going to air it for the drama if nothing else.
    BTW likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    But wasn't that during a private interview so the others girls didn't hear it? Not saying Tierra isn't totally annoying and makes some horrible comments, but I don't know how much of it is directly to the others' faces vs. just to the camera. I'm geniunely asking because I tune out about 90% of the time that Tierra is on the screen.
    LOL!

Yep, umngirl, I suspect a LOT of people tune out at least 90% of the time that Tierra's on the screen.

You are absolutely right in saying that she made that comment in a PI, and not to the others' faces. JMHO, her making the comment in a PI is worse --- WAY worse --- than if she'd had the guts to call 'em that to their faces.

The way I interpreted mesachick's statement, whether or not Tierra'd said/done anything directly to the others' faces or not wasn't the focus. The focus was on whether or not anything mean coming from her had ever been said ABOUT them, BY Tierra, that we had seen:

"We haven't seen her say anything mean about the girls have we?"

To their face OR behind their back (ESPECIALLY behind their back in a PI!), to me, to say you'd like to "punch out these bitches!" DOES qualify as a mean statement.

And yep, I was one of the "we" that happened to see and hear her make that mean PI statement about the others.

JMHO.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't see how that's "mean" about the other girls? Does anyone believe she meant it? Of course not. Does anyone believe she would actually punch one of the girls, much less all of them? Of course not.

I remember that statement and she was wasn't mad, wasn't yelling, wasn't upset. She was clearly kidding around. Again, I am not a Tierra fan, but the mob mentality that seems to have no tangible basis other than *we just don't like her*, to me is worse than saying what Tierra did. We have heard plenty of girls and guys on past seasons say the same kind of thing about their competition. I don't see the big deal.
    BTW, Monte71 and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    After watching last nights episode, I've come to the conclusion that, while he's a super nice guy, Sean ain't too bright. He kept repeating over and over that he wanted specifics and blah blah blah, but any woman who has tried to tell him about Tierra has been sent packing. I'd be terrified to go into details with him. I would think that him being told that she isolates herself, is rude and that not one single girl there is friendly with her would be enough. Especially when all the other girls seem closer than any other cast. I mean, I always had more guy friends when I was younger, but I still had my posse of girls I ran around with. It's a huge red flag when not even one girl can get along with this chick. That doesn't bode well for Sean's importance of family. Does he think she would get along with his beloved sister? Friends? Mother?
    This drove me nuts last night. He's made it clear through his actions that anyone who tattles is gone. But yet he kept pressing the women for details.
    Poor Leslie. She got put on the spot & pretty much grilled about this. She looked terrified. Afraid that if she didn't answer the way he wanted, she was gone, but just as afraid that if she did, she was gone. She was put in an awful spot. In the end she handled it OK by just being noncommittal, but that could have gotten her sent home too.

For the first time all season I just didn't like Sean at all.
    He's dumb as a box of rocks about the Tierra situation. It should be clear that if there's a problem with her with all or at least most of the women, SHE's the problem. Not them.
    Then putting the women on the spot like that was just plain mean. They were afraid to speak either way.

Why on earth does this happen time after time. Especially with the Bachelor. They kill the messenger instead of paying attention.

Are most men really that dumb, or blind?
    ness, CrazyDutchWoman and Babbred like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Leslie tried to tell him that Tierra doesn't get along with women, only men. Sean has a mother and a sister who are a huge part of his life. Will he ever take that into consideration?

Robyn reached her boiling point and confronted Tierra, though I didn't see her yelling at her as she threatened to do (mean girls' club). Instead she actually continued to be quietly frustrated. I'm sure that carried over into her party convo with Sean and that is why she went home. He saw her as the cause of the drama surrounding Tierra.

I can't wait for the Tierra show to be over. But then I said that about the Shayne show (F1) and the Courtney show (F1). I truly hope it doesn't go that far this season. But, as said, Sean and his Rescuer Complex could take it all the way to the end.

Too bad he is such a nice guy. A nice guy with rocks for brains instead of objective analysis.
    ness likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

You don't necessarily have to say anything to get your point across. Tierra gives them dirty looks when they enter the room, mean mugs them when they get the one on one dates and pretty much completely ignores them. After awhile, that has to start to grate and being locked up with her for weeks, I'm sure they've had enough. You don't need words to have an attitude. She may not actually voice her thoughts on the other girls TO the other girls but it's written all over her face. And granted, she has a right to feel that she doesn't need to "make friends", but you are stuck with these women...one would think you'd try to make the best of it.

It's just a huge red flag when a woman can't fine ONE other woman to get along with in a group this size. Sean is completely ignoring that fact.
    waywyrd, ness, Cornholio and 2 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Do you recall how Sean reacted to the guy who was playing Emily back when? I can't recall his name. Emily thought he was all that, but the guys knew better.

Closed Thread