Closed Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree389Likes

Thread: 1/28 Bachelor 17 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 1/28 Bachelor 17 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Well...so Selma. I liked her okay but she sure was complaining a lot (although she did kick butt climbing those rocks). I loved driving through Joshua Tree, got pulled over to wait while they filmed a Ferrari commercial or something. Like others, I was astounded when she brought up how a kiss would give her mother a heart attack - not being on the show, at all, not having a camera down her cleavage and up her butt climbing rocks, not pressing herself full body against Sean...the kiss, that'll do it. lol

I'm sure Tierra is mostly different around Sean but there was enough crying/bitching still going on when she interacted with him; plus, she totally poached him from Lindsey...so Kate, the nice, normal yoga teacher: I need to go. Sean: Ok, see ya, don't let the door hit ya. Tierra: I have to go. Sean: Come on, I know you like me. Here, have a rose! Bleh.

Next week: Hypothermia. Was kinda hoping it was Selma, kinda 3 Bears: The desert was too hot; the water was too cold; _________ was JUST RIGHT!

The extreme dates need to stop. Everyone's done pretty well (Selma didn't fall off the rocks and die, Amanda face-planted but thankfully, ok) but these are sports that take a lot of practice and are still very risky. Sean waving that rose around to Leslie when he'd decided much earlier there was no romance...not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

And BTW, why the heck are the women joining the Polar Bear Club? Was this something the producers told them to do? Holy mackerel, I would totally refuse. No guy is worth risking your life over.
    I do the polar bear plunge nearly every year on New Years Day into a very frigid Lake Michnigan. It's tons of fun. Around a thousand people in my hometown participate, sometimes more. Clearly some of these aren't adventurous, which may affect Sean's feelings for them as he is a very activate guy who enjoys these types of things.

Speaking of the plunge, I wonder if Catherine will still be around for that date. I know she did a plunge during part of her NYD half marathon/10k. So at least she's done it before.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I do the polar bear plunge nearly every year on New Years Day into a very frigid Lake Michnigan. It's tons of fun. Around a thousand people in my hometown participate, sometimes more. Clearly some of these aren't adventurous, which may affect Sean's feelings for them as he is a very activate guy who enjoys these types of things.

Speaking of the plunge, I wonder if Catherine will still be around for that date. I know she did a plunge during part of her NYD half marathon/10k. So at least she's done it before.
    If it's something you actually do, I doubt they would put you on that date. They like to torture ... oops, I mean challenge and take you out of your comfort zone.
    ness, sclilred1, NEPASue and 3 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    If it's something you actually do, I doubt they would put you on that date. They like to torture ... oops, I mean challenge and take you out of your comfort zone.
    Tierra!?! Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post

That's what I meant. It's one thing to voluntarily do it because you love it. Heck, I think it looks like fun and Hubby and I are always saying we'll take the plunge one year. It's another thing entirely to have a producer say, "You know, you might want to get in that water. Sean really loves adventurous types." By this point, the ladies know they have to do it or Sean will come up with an excuse to eliminate them. That's not fun. That's sad.

(To warm you up after taking the plunge. Looks like Tierra is going to need a whole Starbuck's next week.)
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That's what I meant. It's one thing to voluntarily do it because you love it. Heck, I think it looks like fun and Hubby and I are always saying we'll take the plunge one year. It's another thing entirely to have a producer say, "You know, you might want to get in that water. Sean really loves adventurous types." By this point, the ladies know they have to do it or Sean will come up with an excuse to eliminate them. That's not fun. That's sad.

(To warm you up after taking the plunge. Looks like Tierra is going to need a whole Starbuck's next week.)
    He was okay with Sarah when she didn't want to try the roller derby.He wasn't going to eliminate her, he just said 'hang with me'. I thought he was pretty cool on that date, and she seemed happy.
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Tierra!?! Is that you?
    If I really was Tierra I wouldn't be talking to any of you! Don't you know, "I just don't trust anyone"...as I storm off in my booty shorts and 6" heels with a sly grin on my face.
    sclilred1 and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He was okay with Sarah when she didn't want to try the roller derby.He wasn't going to eliminate her, he just said 'hang with me'. I thought he was pretty cool on that date, and she seemed happy.
    Yeah well, just imagine how that would have come across on tv any other way. Sarah - just because you have one arm and can't balance, don't be a wuss! Oh you aren't going to try? No rose for you! No lead is going to eliminate someone like that for that reason. She will be eliminated because they have no chemistry together (not spoiled, just guessing), otherwise Sean would taint his *genuine* *sincere* shtick. Not to mention he'd look like an arse.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yeah well, just imagine how that would have come across on tv any other way. Sarah - just because you have one arm and can't balance, don't be a wuss! Oh you aren't going to try? No rose for you! No lead is going to eliminate someone like that for that reason. She will be eliminated because they have no chemistry together (not spoiled, just guessing), otherwise Sean would taint his *genuine* *sincere* shtick. Not to mention he'd look like an arse.
    Very true on both points! It would look bad if he was rude under the circumstance and they have zero chemistry. That she will be eliminated at some point, is pretty obvious to both of us. Clearly you are not a fan and life would be very dull if we all liked the same things, but boring as it may seem, Sean has never shown anything but kindness to all the ladies. I don't think his being nice to Sarah had anything to do with him trying to maintain his image. From what I have read about him, before and after Emily's season and to date, he has always been very kind...to everyone. He is certainly not everyones taste...including mine initially...however, I find myself enjoying him, not so much for the beefcake status (which doesn't hurt), but because of his kind, easy going nature and his sense of humour. After seasons of Jake, Brad and Ben, its nice to have a more lighthearted Bachelor.

Nice post Midol I don't dislike Sean. I just think for a show like this, he is the most boring lead we've had. I didn't find him very kind waving that rose in front of Lesley though - then not giving it to her. I thought that was pretty darn rude. I also thought he was rude to Kacie. He's better than Ben for sure, but that wasn't going to take much to improve upon lol. I agree that he was being nice to Sarah because he is a nice (yet boring) guy. I am just saying that every lead would have come off as nice, it's not like Sean was special for how he treated her. Emily was really kind to all her guys too I thought.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and ilja like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Closed Thread