Closed Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: 1/21 Bachelor 17 Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 1/21 Bachelor 17 Episode 3 **West Coast Spoilers**

Babbred, Kacie, or KCB as she was called, was a contestant on Bachelor Ben the winemaker's season.

Thank you! I thought that was it, but I wasn't sure. That's why I like FORT. There's always somebody with a better memory than me.
    cubsfan55 and Baby's Breath like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Thank you! I thought that was it, but I wasn't sure. That's why I like FORT. There's always somebody with a better memory than me.
    I'm not sure if Sean was ever interested in Kacie. Maybe he just kept her around for a while out of politeness. If Sean had gone on a hometown date to meet Kacie's family, he would have gotten a stern warning from Kacie's father about continuing to give Kacie roses if he wasn't interested in her.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I'm not sure if Sean was ever interested in Kacie. Maybe he just kept her around for a while out of politeness.
    ITA
    If a guy is really interested, he always finds a way to continue the relationship....I think they hit it off well at the one of the Bachelor World events...and I think they have a lot of them....She probably thought it had possibilities and he only had a great time with her....but as a friend. He could have continued the relationship very easily and he didn't. Plain and simple.
    NEPASue likes this.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can someone fill me in on one of the girls who went home last week? She was the one who he knew from before and was willing to give it another shot. What happened? I must have a mental block. What show were they one together? I remember Sean from the Bachelorette with Emily. How did he know this girl?
    As said, it was Kacie from Ben's season.

I always think these retread appearances are contrived. Little hooks they can use in a promo and grab some more viewers who might remember the visitor from seasons past.

Some of this is somewhat real in that Fleiss probably would like to generate more marriages, but I'd be willing to bet that every minute of what was filmed between Kacie and Sean was carefully scripted, down to the "awkward" mention of the Amanda/Desiree drama (which I'd bet really wasn't that strong).

I don't think the girls' reactions to Shawntel's retread were all that strong, and we really didn't see that with Kacie. I'm sure there are a half-dozen or so "plants" every season - and the Bachelor is well aware of the script in these cases.
    mesachick likes this.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    As said, it was Kacie from Ben's season. I always think these retread appearances are contrived. Little hooks they can use in a promo and grab some more viewers who might remember the visitor from seasons past. Some of this is somewhat real in that Fleiss probably would like to generate more marriages, but I'd be willing to bet that every minute of what was filmed between Kacie and Sean was carefully scripted, down to the "awkward" mention of the Amanda/Desiree drama (which I'd bet really wasn't that strong). I don't think the girls' reactions to Shawntel's retread were all that strong, and we really didn't see that with Kacie. I'm sure there are a half-dozen or so "plants" every season - and the Bachelor is well aware of the script in these cases.
    On the first episode, when they said that someone from a past season would show up, I thought it might be Emily. Even if someone from a past season didn't show up, I would have still watched the entire first show anyway. Everything between Sean and Kacie could have been scripted. I read that the producers tell the contestants that if they don't say what they're told to say, they don't get alone time with the lead. The producers could have pressured Kacie to tell Sean about Desiree and Amanda. Sean could have been told what to say to Kacie... but maybe Kacie didn't know what Sean's reaction would be. Kacie might have been surprised that she was sent home.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    As said, it was Kacie from Ben's season.

I always think these retread appearances are contrived. Little hooks they can use in a promo and grab some more viewers who might remember the visitor from seasons past.

Some of this is somewhat real in that Fleiss probably would like to generate more marriages, but I'd be willing to bet that every minute of what was filmed between Kacie and Sean was carefully scripted, down to the "awkward" mention of the Amanda/Desiree drama (which I'd bet really wasn't that strong).

I don't think the girls' reactions to Shawntel's retread were all that strong, and we really didn't see that with Kacie. I'm sure there are a half-dozen or so "plants" every season - and the Bachelor is well aware of the script in these cases.
    I agree 100%, extremely scripted. I am just glad Sean didnt have to go through "meet the parents" with her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FINALLY saw it . . .

Drive-by thoughts, opinions and observations . . .

KACIE

Gotta give Sean credit. I didn't at all perceive him as being rude, because he said what he had to say to her face, right when the felony was committed. Matter of fact, I have to say that I applaud him for going easy on her, 'cause if it'd been ME in HIS shoes at that particular point, I'd've most likely shown her the door RIGHT THEN. Plus, at the RC, I at LEAST give him credit for NOT making her go through the entire thing, but, rather, calling her outside and sending her away.

Me? I'm just evil enough that if it'd been me and I let her hang around that long, I'd've most likely made her hang out through the entire RC, THEN have her as the LAST one who DIDN'T receive a rose.

Not proud of that, but if I didn't show her the door when she was "letting me in on the house drama", I most likely would've made her wait 'til the end of the RC.

Do NOT pass "Go!", do NOT collect $200!

After all:

1. She DID look and sound 14-carat crazy, in what she was saying, when she was saying it . . .

And, lest we forget . . .

2. A dog that'll BRING you a bone WILL CARRY ONE BACK!

THE FOUR-WAY DATE

I would've wanted a single date with Sean, too, truth be told, but, frankly, if it HAD to be a four-way date, I would've LOVED that one! First, I was really touched and moved by him getting the two coaster-loving, amusement-park-loving friends together. And secondly, I LOVE amusement parks and coasters, so I would've been right in with that program.

VERY touching!

TIERRA (SP?)

Frankly, I think the bitch is crazy. If not, I CERTAINLY agree with DL that she's GOT to be a plant. Soon as I heard the thump, then saw her lying on the steps, my eyes started rolling all over the room. Her "injury" was just too convenient, what with Sean showing up to take AshLee on her date. Then, when she refused to be taken to a hospital to be checked out, I was OVER her. I figure Sean HAD to/was TOLD by TPTB to keep her around for the drama quotient. If NOT, I surely hope he's not stupid enough to have fallen for her skinnin' and grinnin'. I'm really starting to see past the pretty, with him, and hope like hell that he's got brains and eyes to back up the pretty.

AMANDA

Somethin' in the milk ain't clean with HER either. Re-run commentary about seeing past the pretty, brains and eyes, here.

Will absolutely be watching tonight's show, unless something goes sideways.
    bee stung lips and cubsfan55 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I think many of us who post here are spoiled and drop into this show thread because we have an alligence to this board. I love that we can talk about all TV shows in a user friendly format. I find this season dull beyond the pale and it isn't because I know the victor. Sean just does not radiate genuine. He is a very polite man who over uses "amazing" like everyone else. I have not noticed if he starts sentences with the word 'me.' I have become immune to that to some extent. College grads even do this. He does say the one that, instead of the one who, but is seems everyone is doing that one too. I may have to retire my grammar cop status and just accept it all. Oh the humanity of it all!
    mesachick likes this.

Closed Thread