Closed Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 168
Like Tree247Likes

Thread: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #131
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    You say Jennifer Garner, I say Katie Holmes. At least, as a look-alike.
    Either way, she's one cute, sweet girl.
    Definitely Katie Holmes! Though I think she is actually cuter than Katie Holmes... and I would agree that she appears to be a sweet girl. Seems at this point that Sean thinks so too. But.. there is sooo much time left in the season.

  2. #132
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,029

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post

    I like Sarah but am getting tired of her talking about her arm all the time. If it's not an issue then don't talk about it all the time. I don't mean to sound crass but this is like Sadie's being a virgin and Danielle losing her fiance, etc., etc. I wish they'd stop beating us over the head about it already! I also find her very flat but maybe that's her monotone voice. She seems like a nice, intelligent gal, though

    I didn't care for how they showcased the diversity of this season. If it was a natural question then fine but that seemed so freakin' staged to me. I thought Sean's answer was great but it's not like we all don't know about the lawsuit that was brought against the show... IDK, it just seemed so obvious to me.
    I agree about Sarah. Great girl, but we get it...you are missing half an arm. However, I'm not so sure it's actually what SHE wants to discuss or even all she talks about. The show is heavily edited. I have to wonder if it's not carry over from the "diversity" exploitation. I can hear Fleiss cackling to himself "Look at how diverse we are! Black girls galore! A one armed Lassie!" Although I am happy to see the diversity (it's about damn time!), be prepared to hear about it all season long.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  3. #133
    FORT Fogey I'm here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I agree about Sarah. Great girl, but we get it...you are missing half an arm. However, I'm not so sure it's actually what SHE wants to discuss or even all she talks about. The show is heavily edited. I have to wonder if it's not carry over from the "diversity" exploitation. I can hear Fleiss cackling to himself "Look at how diverse we are! Black girls galore! A one armed Lassie!" Although I am happy to see the diversity (it's about damn time!), be prepared to hear about it all season long.

    Alllllllllllllllll season long? ZzZzZzZzZzZzZ I can't have that! I want to see drama! I want to see all the cat-fights! I don't want to see the gals dragged along just for the supposed diversity.... and the other gals kicked off because they aren't adding towards the diversity.
    mesachick likes this.

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,830

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    I have to say I'm actually liking this season so far. I thought Sean would be as boring as Jake but he's definitely got more facets to him than they showed last season, which I'm pleasantly surprised about, and I'm starting to really like him.
    So am I. He has acted so sweet and kind, and he seems genuine. Of course, we would get a decent Bachelor when he's Southern.

    I like Sarah but am getting tired of her talking about her arm all the time. If it's not an issue then don't talk about it all the time. I don't mean to sound crass but this is like Sadie's being a virgin and Danielle losing her fiance, etc., etc. I wish they'd stop beating us over the head about it already! I also find her very flat but maybe that's her monotone voice. She seems like a nice, intelligent gal, though.

    Oh my goodness, thank you for having the courage to say that. I thought that, too, but was afraid to say it. Also, her telling that story about her zipline experience. I'm very sorry she had to suffer that; however, it just seemed like too intimate of a story to share with a guy you barely know.





    I didn't care for how they showcased the diversity of this season. If it was a natural question then fine but that seemed so freakin' staged to me. I thought Sean's answer was great but it's not like we all don't know about the lawsuit that was brought against the show... IDK, it just seemed so obvious to me.
    Amen.
    jucamer likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  5. #135
    FORT Fanatic wannasee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    402

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Aw, there was something about Brooke I really liked but they didn't show much interaction with her. Also like Robyn and would not mind seeing a more "diverse" lead in the next B'ette...

    Tierra...well, she wasn't the most obnoxious to me this episode but I guess there's plenty to come. More than her personality, that wrinkle/frown line in her forehead is very distracting for me.

    I like Sean okay, so far.
    bee stung lips likes this.

  6. #136
    FORT Fan BerryCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    375

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    You say Jennifer Garner, I say Katie Holmes. At least, as a look-alike.
    Either way, she's one cute, sweet girl.
    She may look more like Katie Holmes, but what first came to mind is the personality and the sweetness that reminds me of Jennifer Garner.

  7. #137
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    Sarah is driving me crazy with her voice....not only does she have this sing-song thing going, she's also afflicted with the generation's "creaky-voice" that so many have now. (that's an official term for it)
    There are a few others on the Bachelor besides Sarah. Some use it all the time and some, just occasionally.
    It drives me batty. I find it so grating on the ear.

    And Arielflies, thank you so much for posting pictures of each girl on their thread...helps so much trying to put a face to what's being said in a post. Especially, in the early stages of the show when they all seem to blend together.

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,257

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I still can't differentiate some of the women, especially the bleached blondes. I think the overbleached hair draws attention from their faces. I swear some of them are wearing wigs.
    When will women learn that natural platinum blonde hair looks totally different from the overbleached version?
    NEPASue and Pandora2 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  9. #139
    FORT Fanatic Pandora2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    573

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I like Sean (THE MOST SINCERE BACHELOR IN BACHELOR HISTORY!!) but I thought much of this episode was rather dull. I was totally bored by the Sarah date -- not sure why -- and I've never been a big fan of the staged photo shoots and the like.

    I don't know why I'm being picky as I nearly always look forward to a new season (Emily was one exception) but this one just isn't grabbing me yet. In fact I had to leave with 15 minutes left and I never did track down the details on who left. But, I will keep watching and hope it grows on me!

    I do like Kacie, even though she still seems a bit naive, but it felt awkward when she asked Sean if he could see her as girlfriend material. It looked like she thought he was confessing to a crush on her also, but what else could he say when she asked if he might consider moving her out of the friend zone?

    I can't speak for anyone else but I generally know early on whether there's a connection beyond friendship, and I get the feeling Sean pretty much ruled that out when they met in before. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just didn't see it. I hope she finds someone special, but I also hope she isn't trying too hard!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey Dragonlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: 1/14 The Bachelor 17 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

    I also think Sean is a very sincere guy for The Bachelor....I don't believe he's doing it for tv exposure, or a career in tv, etc like so many others.....I know because I am continually fooled by these people! I was probably the last to figure out Emily. Probably because I still think I can get a real fairy tale out of it....sometime....silly me.
    Last edited by sweetpea; 01-19-2013 at 10:08 AM. Reason: off topic
    jucamer and jenniferboston1 like this.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.