Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Desiree - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: Desiree - B17 NO SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    According to Michael Stagliano, the reason they go for the retreads is that they've tried newbies in the past and it did not work out so well. He said contrary to popular belief, it's really tough being the lead on the show with very little sleep and loads of interviews and unless someone has had prior experience as a contestant on the show, they simply have no clue what they are in for. He said that he heard that after 5 days of filming, Jesse Palmer was asking to get out of there.

They will say whatever they think will help what they are willing to accomplish. The first several seasons were all newcomers, by necessity, and those were the seasons that brought in the viewers in the first place. Once in a while, they'll hit pay dirt. All I've ever done in the past several seasons is to come here to see what people are discussing and then what glimpses of the show later on if anything says interesting. Just my opinion of this and most other "reality" shows, but I hold to it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    They will say whatever they think will help what they are willing to accomplish. The first several seasons were all newcomers, by necessity, and those were the seasons that brought in the viewers in the first place. Once in a while, they'll hit pay dirt. All I've ever done in the past several seasons is to come here to see what people are discussing and then what glimpses of the show later on if anything says interesting. Just my opinion of this and most other "reality" shows, but I hold to it.
    Wasn't Trista the First Bachelorette and wasn't she a retread from the previous season? I really can't remember ...

ETA ... I just went and looked it up, and NONE of the Bachelorettes were newbies ... all were retreads of some sort.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-12-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I did not watch most of the early shows excluding Tristan's. I probably started semi-watching about the time Brad appeared, then really got into it with DeAnna.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I still think they should try having multiples ... Courtney and Vienna maybe?
    I agree. The show has become far too boring with just 1 lead. The contestants need to have something to compare the lead to. Otherwise, it's just a weird twisted relationship that can't survive real-world interactions.

I remember Byron's season, in which he AND ANOTHER man were introduced on the first episode. The 25 girls got to vote on which guy they wanted to continue as The Bachelor. Ultimately Byron won the vote, and the other guy is now long-forgotten. I think it would've made a better show if both men had stayed for the duration of the season.
    NEPASue likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I must say, I am looking forward to Desiree's season. Happy they chose her. And as always with the Bachelorette, I pray to God they manage to stack her show with a quality crop of good looking guys like they did on DeAnna's season. Please God, let it be so.
    mesachick likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I must say, I am looking forward to Desiree's season. Happy they chose her. And as always with the Bachelorette, I pray to God they manage to stack her show with a quality crop of good looking guys like they did on DeAnna's season. Please God, let it be so.
    Because say what you will about "Bentley the ," he was one fiiiiiiine looking man!
    Then again, I'm a pushover for a dude rockin' the long hair and flannel shirt.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I agree. The show has become far too boring with just 1 lead. The contestants need to have something to compare the lead to. Otherwise, it's just a weird twisted relationship that can't survive real-world interactions.

I remember Byron's season, in which he AND ANOTHER man were introduced on the first episode. The 25 girls got to vote on which guy they wanted to continue as The Bachelor. Ultimately Byron won the vote, and the other guy is now long-forgotten. I think it would've made a better show if both men had stayed for the duration of the season.
    I remember that one- it would have been good with both men. I am not sure how the women would cope, and how many would they need?

I must say, I am looking forward to Desiree's season. Happy they chose her. And as always with the Bachelorette, I pray to God they manage to stack her show with a quality crop of good looking guys like they did on DeAnna's season. Please God, let it be so
    LOL BSL- I hope for your sake - there are a lot of hunks.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-12-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked Desiree's hair much better at ATFR than at WTA. Just a few extra weeks of bangs growing out makes a different. Plus it looked sleeker & smoother. I thought at WTA it looked a bit disheveled & unorganized.

I'm looking forward to her "Rose" promo photos.
    Darned, I'm getting excited already.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I am happy to see Des as the next B'ette! I think the reason she was tearing up was from excitement. I read somewhere (maybe here lol), that the taping is already starting and she was supposed to be meeting the guys this week! I hope she gets some good guys to choose from, and some eye candy for us!
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I like Desiree a lot and I’m really looking forward to her season.

I don’t know if this is true with the Bachelorette shows as much as the Bachelor, but I think having a retread ensures a lot more of the “he’s everything I’ve been looking for in a husband” confessions in the first 10 minutes.

Celebrity has that effect on the brain – it makes people think we actually know these people. So anyone who ever saw the previous season is going to come in with a major crush on some fantasy character already in place – which definitely ratchets up the drama!

Closed Thread