Closed Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I think if AshLee isn't picked... she might be the next bachelorette. OR I was thinking Sarah would be....
    I would never have picked Ashlee before last week, but I think you could be right if she isn't F1. Sarah, I don't know. She wouldn't be my pick, Lesley- yes Sarah no.
    NEPASue likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I think it's great that this phlegmy family (dad was painful to listen to, he really needs an introduction to Claritin or something) reached out and welcomed AshLee. I think, though, that the damage coming from having a minister as a father is what's showing through here, not abandonment.
    Interesting thought... As for what someone experiences from being adopted, I know what it is like. I've lived it. I have no qualms thinking AshLee needs to get over blaming her current actions over something that happened almost three decades ago. I don't recall her ever saying she was traumatized either. Seems more like a crutch in order to get attention to me.

Phlegmy family - LOL
    NEPASue and I'm here like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I would never have picked Ashlee before last week, but I think you could be right if she isn't F1. Sarah, I don't know. She wouldn't be my pick, Lesley- yes Sarah no.
    Think of the ratings though....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Think of the ratings though....
    I guess I would really like someone new. Do you think ratings would go up with Sarah? I guess the last bachelorette left a bad taste in my mouth, now I think they will all swan around in gowns that are costing big bucks.LOL

Maybe everyone needs a break from this show. I only watched EM becuse I enjoyed the snark - even then it got so ridiculous
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Interesting thought... As for what someone experiences from being adopted, I know what it is like. I've lived it. I have no qualms thinking AshLee needs to get over blaming her current actions over something that happened almost three decades ago. I don't recall her ever saying she was traumatized either. Seems more like a crutch in order to get attention to me.

Phlegmy family - LOL
    AshLee did tell Sean...I'm not sure when...that she had been abused during her time in foster care. She also specified that it was not sexual abuse...which kind of came out of left field and I thought was rather strange, but, she did actually bring it up.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    I think it's great that this phlegmy family (dad was painful to listen to, he really needs an introduction to Claritin or something)...
    I still haven't watched the episode, Anemic Dog, but...

AhhhhHahahaha!!!

Thanks for lightening things up a bit!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    AshLee did tell Sean...I'm not sure when...that she had been abused during her time in foster care. She also specified that it was not sexual abuse...which kind of came out of left field and I thought was rather strange, but, she did actually bring it up.
    So she claims she was abused... yet her issue is with abandonment? How odd, no? Regardless, she still needs therapy, and she clearly isn't ready for a real relationship until she has healed herself. Otherwise, whomever she does end up with is going to go crazy with these issues. I hope she seeks out help.
    NEPASue, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I would never assume I know anything real about the folks on this show. Cameras follow them around for a few weeks for our amusement. And somebody with an agenda decides what to show us.

It's not much different than a favorite sitcom or movie of the week.
    NCLurker, bamafan and jucamer like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I would never assume I know anything real about the folks on this show. Cameras follow them around for a few weeks for our amusement. And somebody with an agenda decides what to show us.

It's not much different than a favorite sitcom or movie of the week.
    I agree Alexxx, and I know thats what they expect, or are told .But just the same , assuming doesn't work for me
    NCLurker and Alexxxx like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree Alexxx, and I know thats what they expect, or are told .But just the same , assuming doesn't work for me
    Exactly. There may be bits and pieces of truth thrown in for effect, but mostly it's just storytelling.

I feel like we barely scratched the surface with AshLee. I'll bet she'll be madder than a wet hen at her edit, as so many before her have been.
    Midol likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Closed Thread