Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree226Likes

Thread: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

Re: AshLee F - B17 NO SPOILERS

No offense Arielflies, but that isn't true. Both Emily and Ben's season had more posting traffic. I was posting a lot more then, that's for sure, as were other people. I've also noticed that some of the regulars from past seasons aren't even here posting this season. Just look at Emily's thread - it was up to page 54. Jef has 54 pages, Arie has 44, Sean had 30 during that season lol. Sean's is only at page 7 this season. Can't dispute the facts. I'll leave it at that, but felt it fair to back up the previous statements.

As for AshLee, to put it back on track... I don't think she'll make it past HTD's. Her insecurity might be setting in more after getting called out in participating in the *drama*.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I can understand the abandonment issues, but at some point in your life, you need to get over that.
    JavaJo, you are absolutely right. She should be able to let it go. However, we all carry our youth's traumas/dramas differently.
    Heck, I'm 50-sumpn years old, and some might even consider me to be a bit bright (on a good day)! But, I can't tell you the guilt I carried once I found out my parents "had to" get married because they were pregnant with me. (It was the 50s, after all.) Didn't matter that they were HS sweethearts or that I have 3 younger sisters. I felt guilty! Yes, I knew better -- even before any kind of therapy. I somehow always believed they would've taken different, happier paths if not for "me." I never really came to terms with it until they split and divorced...after 20 years of marriage! All that to say, even smart people carry life's burdens without good reason.

P.S To this day, I'm still tremendously close to both my folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    ...she was fortunate to have ended up with very loving parents, so why'd she rebel...and why against her mom, in particular?
    Baby's Breath, I know your question is a serious one, but I laughed BIG when I read that last line!
    Being the oldest of 4 girls, I clearly remember a time thinking my mother was THE.WORST.PERSON.EVER! Yes, I was in my teens.
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    JavaJo, you are absolutely right. She should be able to let it go. However, we all carry our youth's traumas/dramas differently.
    Heck, I'm 50-sumpn years old, and some might even consider me to be a bit bright (on a good day)! But, I can't tell you the guilt I carried once I found out my parents "had to" get married because they were pregnant with me. (It was the 50s, after all.) Didn't matter that they were HS sweethearts or that I have 3 younger sisters. I felt guilty! Yes, I knew better -- even before any kind of therapy. I somehow always believed they would've taken different, happier paths if not for "me." I never really came to terms with it until they split and divorced...after 20 years of marriage! All that to say, even smart people carry life's burdens without good reason.

P.S To this day, I'm still tremendously close to both my folks.

Baby's Breath, I know your question is a serious one, but I laughed BIG when I read that last line!
    Being the oldest of 4 girls, I clearly remember a time thinking my mother was THE.WORST.PERSON.EVER! Yes, I was in my teens.
    Now isn't it funny how we all take things so differently. When I finally learned that my birth was before my parent's marriage back during these same fifties (the birth and marriage not the learning of the truth), I just took it as my dad took one look at me and saw what a beautiful baby I was and just had to marry my mom.

The even funnier part is that I joked about it all my life since my actual birthday was 10 days prior to my parents anniversary though supposedly their year was a year before (per their little white lie). I only found out the truth once I was in my thirties and my mom was telling us anything we wanted to know since she was about to die.

Now back to Ashley, I really hope she is the next to go if and that's a big if, my concerns about her are true. If not, then I don't really care. I do like the other 3 girls quite a lot.
    cubsfan55 and NEPASue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Now isn't it funny how we all take things so differently.
    Yup, ilja -- my point exaaaactly.
    ilja likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Yup, ilja -- my point exaaaactly.
    I always say, it would be a boring old world, and forum, if we all thought the same way

That's why I like the FORT.
    mesachick and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    As for AshLee, to put it back on track... I don't think she'll make it past HTD's. Her insecurity might be setting in more after getting called out in participating in the *drama*.

I thought for sure... this was the end of the road for AshLee. And felt even more sure of it with her continued woooe-is-me... life is so hard... why me attitude. BUT when AshLee's mom asked Sean NOT to break her heart(or something to the like)... I knew he wasn't going to send her packing. He doesn't want to be that type of guy. BUT...there is always hope for next time.

I thought she was a goner last night , but then I realized MF loves a good story to exploit so she would stay another week at least in hopes to rally support in case she is chosen as the next lead. And I definitely think they told him to keep her around more than he wanted her to stay. JMO
    Midol likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I think AshLee would have been the person sent home last night if not for the horrible hometown date with Des. I believe Sean could see how head over heels AshLee was with him and realized he didn't feel the same for her and that it would have been best FOR HER not to continue. I think he understood how vulnerable she was and how heartbreaking things would be if he waited much longer to cut her loose. To me, he seemed much more roantically interested in Des than AshLee.
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I think AshLee would have been the person sent home last night if not for the horrible hometown date with Des. I believe Sean could see how head over heels AshLee was with him and realized he didn't feel the same for her and that it would have been best FOR HER not to continue. I think he understood how vulnerable she was and how heartbreaking things would be if he waited much longer to cut her loose. To me, he seemed much more roantically interested in Des than AshLee.
    I agree.... he did seem to have more chemistry with Des. But now... having kept AshLee for another week. IF he lets her go... he will be known as another person having broken AshLee's fragile heart.

I might be overanalyzing things, but I cringed every time AshLee used the phrase "this man."

[For all you drinkers, you would have been knocked off your keisters if you had chosen that phrase last night. ]

To me what she's saying is that he is representative of what she needs/wants in her life, but it shouldn't be his job to rescue her, no matter how sweet he thinks she is. They lack chemistry, and I think it's because she's unable to bring out his lightheartedness.
    Pandora2 likes this.

Closed Thread